Author Topic: Demo request.  (Read 15523 times)

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: Demo request.
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 09:00:24 AM »
I'll ban from forums whenever I feel like it. Privilege, not a right.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
then that would be abuse of power? to ban from forum whenever you feel like it?

Shouldnt you a committee member set the example and follow the rules that jitspoe has set

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=1456.0

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »
Committee Members CAN`T delete posts or ban ppl from forums.
but int his thread there has been posts that were deleted and Ak-47 has been banned from forums for no reason but being off topic. That isnt right when so many other people go off topic and its not in the rules that if you go off topic u will be banned from forums thats just completely absurd and abusing power because they dont like him.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 09:33:13 AM »
Perhaps y00tz or KnacK did it?

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »
But why would they ban from forums if he didnt break any forum rules that result in getting a forum ban.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »
Being off-topic is a legit case for a forum-ban.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 09:58:20 AM »
*terms of use are subject to change at any time without notice.

Lol, this isn't court, we don't hold hearings on forum rules. If somethings wrong, we do whats right, even if it isn't in the rules...

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »
So the forum is a dictatorship? what ever castro says goes. very merry. this game will never grow like this. And it doesnt matter if he gives the demo or not he cant get banned for that. Jitspoe said it himself.
Being off-topic is a legit case for a forum-ban.
actually being off topic is a legit case for deleting the post.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2009, 10:15:26 AM »
Noone is saying its hard. He doesnt want to give his demo. Jitspoe said himself he cant ban someone for not handing in a demo. The Committee Members are abusing power by banning from forums when there is no such rule about "going off topic"...u can delete our off topic post but it doesnt call for banning

Let's see if I can clear this up for those that are hard of READING......

1. If make or continue to make off topic posts, you typically will get warned and your posts removed.
2. If you continue to do #1 then you get a time out from the forums.
3. committee members cannot ban users from forums OR remove posts/threads.

Straight from the great one's own fingers:

Forum Guidelines and Rules - or - Let's work on some better posts this year.
« on: January 01, 2006, 01:02:49 AM » Quote - Modify - Remove - Split  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a fan of excessive moderation, but some of the recent posts have been getting a bit out of hand.  The new year is as good of a time as any to set some new rules.  I want these forums to be a place where people can come to get help, provide feedback, and exchange ideas, not a place to throw insults at each other.

From now on, I will be more aggressively deleting or locking posts that are counterproductive.  Here are some guidelines to help you make better posts:

- Don't troll.  Trolling is making posts simply to elicit an emotional (angered) reaction from other users.
- Provide constructive criticism.  There will always be inexperienced people looking for feedback on maps, websites, or whatever.  Instead of railing into them about how horrible it is, take the time to explain what's wrong with their design and how to make it better.  Be helpful, not hurtful.
- Don't take flamebait / don't feed the trolls.  If somebody posts something simply to make you angry or upset you, don't dignify it with an enraged response.  Don't fight flames with flames.  Instead, report the post to me (through PM on this board, IRC or whatever), and I'll delete it if need be.  If you feel a response is needed, make sure it's cool and well composed.  Perhaps do something else and come back to it if the poster really gets under your skin.
- Don't ridicule other users, particularly about physical appearance.  At least pretend to show some respect.  Even if it's in jest, not everyone will know you're joking and it sets a bad example for other users.
- Profanity isn't necessary.  Really, it isn't.  Sure, it's "just words," but so is about everything else on the forums.  Nearly every time profanity is used on here, it starts or contributes to a flamefest.  If you find yourself using it, you probably need to rethink the tone of your post, or perhaps cool down a bit and post later.
- Don't make "+1" posts.  In other words, don't post simply to increase your post count.  Add something valuable to the discussion or don't post at all.
- Use the spell check.  It's right there along with the "Post" and "Preview" buttons.
- Don't use lame "AOL speak" (ie: OMfG, LyKe R U SeRiUS?!!11eleventy1)

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2009, 10:20:33 AM »
so can we close this demo request and continue playing the game?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:38:37 AM by Prime24 »

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
He doesn't want to give his demo. Jitspoe said himself he cant ban someone for not handing in a demo.
That's not what Jitspoe said. I am responding to this because it seems like valuable information for the community to understand.

[21:46] <%NaHLiJ|BBL> [00:47] <jitspoe> I don't think I'd ban somebody solely on the basis of refusing to give up a demo, but if the committee is reviewing your case, and you're innocent, refusing to give up a demo probably isn't going to help you

If someone who has hacked several times before magically gets good overnight and then refuses to give up several demos after several different people ask several times, most intelligent people are going to assume he is hiding something. And then there is Nahlij's line of reasoning:

[21:39] <%NaHLiJ|BBL> if i have nothin to hide
[21:39] <%NaHLiJ|BBL> then i wont post demo

so can we close this demo request and continue playing the game?

Sure, as soon as he gives up the demos or the committee comes to a decision on our recommendation to Jitspoe. He can email it, dcc through irc, send via any messaging service, or upload it to a filesharing site as I clearly told him. Below is a fairly clear example of what can happen if someone refuses to submit demos.

[19:17] <%NaHLiJ|BBL> so ur gonna ban me cuz i didnt submit demos
[19:17] <+Henroddd> thats not what i said
[19:18] <+Henroddd> i said if you dont submit them, you will be allowing the committee to decide what to do
[19:18] <+Henroddd> and it only takes 5 people to vote for a ban
[19:19] <+Henroddd> so if i were you, i'd just submit the demos so that the committee doesn't have the option to ban you if they wanted to

As far as the forum stuff goes Knack was very clear and thourough.

Sonix

• PGP
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 01:53:55 PM »
this is stupid. well for future references, the next time i am asked to submit a demo i will not. :]
you guys should worry more about finding new players and  making this game more active instead of worrying about some little kids asking nahlij for a demo because they lost. if u know shockwave u know he accuses everyone who is better then him of hacks all the time. There should be a limit to how many demos one can request because shockwave has requested so many times its pretty funny. and none of his request have ended with a ban so where is his credibility. this game is wack now.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »
If anyone cares, I am on the committee and I do NOT support this thread at all. If a single member of the committee can be suspicious about a player based on the way a match was played and then request a demo because the suspected player was suspicious then every member of this community should have the same privilege. There has been plenty of times that members of this community have had a suspicion about someone they have matched and wanted a demo and was refused. What makes anyone of us better? If you ban a player based on his unwillingness to hand over a demo then be prepared for an influx of bans to include some of the committee members themselves. Anyone can ask me for a demo but I can't guarantee that I even have it because I do delete mine on a regular basis. If Nahlij gets a ban over not handing in his demo then it is only fair to ban everyone else who has had a demo requested and did not comply.  

Sonix

• PGP
a
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 02:29:05 PM »
d
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:58:36 PM by Sonix »

sean123

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »
MOFO; please do not post in this thread, that was the most pointless post. He didn't hack shock, congratulations bro. Like I said I wasn't in the server so I don't know everything. But from what I hear; from more then just shockwave and summit, is that he has airtime[and only airtime] modded. He uses them when he needs to, like times when he thinks he will lose. I'm not saying this is for sure true, this is based off what I have heard. Since SuMMit and Shockwave both seem to think this match he used them, and other players from other teams told me stuff about this, I would just like the demo be posted in this thread or atleast to a committee member.
IF he did he will be banned so yea dont think so like jitz says the hack thing is real

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »
Why are people not waiting for jitspoe.  True, one should give up a demo as part of a forum request, but people refuse all the time.  This issue has gotten so far out of hand that it will not be long before Jitspoe notices this thread.  He can use his detection system for hacks, as he has before, without the need for a demo.  Recall Homing's latest ban... a demo was not required to prove him innocent or guilty, rather it was attention.  Jitspoe will apply the same detection system to Nahlij, and then his ban will or will not occur.  No need for certain community members to employ so much emotional power into this thread.  However logical or illogical, points have been exhausted on both sides.  I propose waiting.

-Cusoman

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009, 09:16:40 PM »
Why are people not waiting for jitspoe.  True, one should give up a demo as part of a forum request, but people refuse all the time.  This issue has gotten so far out of hand that it will not be long before Jitspoe notices this thread.  He can use his detection system for hacks, as he has before, without the need for a demo.  Recall Homing's latest ban... a demo was not required to prove him innocent or guilty, rather it was attention.  Jitspoe will apply the same detection system to Nahlij, and then his ban will or will not occur.  No need for certain community members to employ so much emotional power into this thread.  However logical or illogical, points have been exhausted on both sides.  I propose waiting.

-Cusoman

FYI Homing's ban would have been brought on by a demo. He was clearly aimbotting in the submitted demo and the issue was being discussed in committee before the detection system got him. There have been several other bans doled out from demos alone when the detection system did not pick it up. Handing in requested demos is important because, as we all know, the cheat detection system is not a 100 percent catch-all. Not trying to argue at all, just stating facts.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »

-Cusoman

You should know better then anyone that Jitspoe can not just rely on the detection system :P New sorts of hacks are developed that jitspoe doesn't about. To catch these hackers, people will have to ask others for demos. If they refuse or make up excuses like Nahlij is, it is possible to get away with it and it will allow other people to get away with it also.

~note: For those of you that didn't know, cusoman was designing/making an un-detectable wallhack, but was caught because he tested one of his detectable ones :P (Will remove if Cusoman admits that Myers, Elit3 and I started Flawless, not him)

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
LOL i get a kick out of this. hyphy was asked for him demo in a different match and every1 just stopped the post and forgot about it. nahlij is asked for a demo and every1 is going ballistic LMFAO this excrement is funny. I dont see how the board is fair at all lol. and if nahlij was hacking jitspoe has a detection program and will detect him like he did me LOL way back in da day. hyphys demo was requested first you guys "committee" should solve that issue first before you move on to the next person. this is the same exact incident that HYPHY had so ya. pull your excrement together kids. :D

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
LOL i get a kick out of this.

I get a kick out of this:
Homingbullet, Homi3, a1mbot, Silentthreat (5634)
Reason: Multiple accounts, aimbot, modified content
Created: 2008-03-21 21:18:45, Modified: 2009-09-24 21:05:42, Expires: 2010-06-07 21:05:42
Days Left: 237.2