Author Topic: Activity of DigitalPaintball.  (Read 23534 times)

Santader

• VM-68
Re: Activity of DigitalPaintball.
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2009, 01:03:10 PM »
some people here that might want to help me? :) looking for 2-3 helpers
me

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2009, 01:03:35 PM »
+1 for smaller clips.

I've made a little bit for the website a few month ago, but jitspoe don't want it...

http://otb-server.de/screenshots/screens.htm

http://otb-server.de/screenshots/links.htm

Nice change, why did not jitspoe want it?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »
Because we don't have official hr4 textures. So i think jitspoe will update the screenshots page with build 50+.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »
getting more than 4 people to set up some rules would make it take ages.

still searching 2 more volunteers :p i also would like to have an american in there too

Yea but when it will be less, some of other (maybe more then some) might not accept these rules.
And let's be honest - it's useless work now, when it's not punishable. - I think it even can't be. Just on some tourneys or so..

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 02:32:38 PM »
getting more than 4 people to set up some rules would make it take ages.

still searching 2 more volunteers :p i also would like to have an american in there too

I'm down for new match rules.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 02:42:55 PM »
I'd like to help discuss the new match rules. Ive got some good ideas (well, they seem that way to me) that might be worth getting out there.

And I think part of the idea of having a tutorial would be the ability to watch it in dp, having a link to youtube probably wont get much done, saying as most people playing dp wont even go on dplogin.com to register.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »
I'd like to help out set up some standard match rules, if you need more help. I'm active in the matchscene.

Just a thought: Maybe getting rid of 'registering clans etc.' would retain more players? Cause this is one of the few games where you actually have to. Or maybe you can make a clan on dplogin but once it's dead it deletes. If you like the clan then don't let it die, otherwise why should it steal tags from other players.

The standard match rules could be a start in fixing the match scene. Especially the euro/NA tieservers + colour on tiemap.

So far tutorial seems to be the most liked idea, we just need people who can make them. Also standard  'GOOD LOOKING' textures would go a long way in helping retain players as already been said.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »
Keep this in mind:

"Official" match rules (if anyone would ever follow them) should go hand in hand with "Official" match server configs.

You can't have one without the other.

I do applaud the idea and effort, but I believe, as past history has shown, that they will not be followed.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2009, 05:33:41 PM »
Yeah I'm aware that the official match rules go along with official match server configs. The only issue is that whoever owns the servers would have to be talked with for the official rules. They wouldn't follow rules that were made from a few people.

A seperate thread could be made of every player offering ideas [offtopic or Nice idea!! type posts would hopefully get deleted from it] then a group of a few guys [euros and americans] that are active in the matchscene go through each of the ideas and come out with the rules. Although at the start i'm sure people would complain, in a while they would be used to it.

Unfortunately it's been about a week since I started this thread and Jitspoe still hasn't come into it. I know he's a busy man and all, but it'd be nice to have his input of what could be done.

Couple ideas that could be added 'and are most likely in feature vote but will never happen' :
-Whatever you have your name set to on the back of your jersey. Maybe with a number too? OR clan logo type thing?
- A little friendslist or something. It's used in alot of other games, but it minimizes in the bottom left of your screen, or top or something. You click/hover it and it opens showing which if your friends are online/which server. Saves you looking on serverbrowser.
- Accurate serverbrowser [meaning killwise it changes each time you click it]
- Maybe top left /front side of jerseys have like: L if a leader and M if a member
- Maybe add sounds when you get streaks: DOUBLE KILL , type thing. Got the idea from 'hit indicator' thread
- Female player model could be cool. You get to check male or female when making the account.

Now looking at some feature votes that look cool:
- Last player alive can't kill himself. [Mostly towards weezy, most ppl don't do that]
- Kill cam could be cool. [ It already takes a few seconds before you can chasecam. ]
- Interpolated hitboxes. [ So people don't run through every line ]
- Standard hr4 [ Self explanitory. ]
- Improve smoke grenades [ so they actually get used. ]
- Demo Playback [ no1 wants to restart a demo if they pass a point]
- Teams autobalance [ Would be implemented only in pubs ]

I figure it's pointless posting anything in 'Feature vote' as it never gets done. An idea I like [said 2 posts above] When a clan has 0 members in it, it deletes. If it's dead why should it take a tag for another player. If it's some 'old amazing team' then don't let it die. I know theres alot of things I posted, and I do not expect for most of them to occur. They're mostly little things that could help abit. I have a few more ideas that could possibly work, but i'll leave it at this for now. Please post feedback and I 'hope' the more positive feedback this thread has, the more chance of things happening.

joox

• Stingray
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »
- Standard hr4 [ Self explanitory. ]
- Demo Playback [ no1 wants to restart a demo if they pass a point]
- Teams autobalance [ Would be implemented only in pubs ]
Very agreeable. What about also adding a return score feature on the scoreboard which keeps track on how many flag returns a players has done.

Sonix

• PGP
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2009, 08:17:08 PM »
Last player alive can't kill himself. [Mostly towards weezy, most ppl don't do that]

tee hee :p
its what the pros do! Take notes newbs.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2009, 09:28:07 PM »
You can't suicide if the other team has the flag.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2009, 04:24:56 AM »
 Making a female model - download 3d modeling software and start modeling?

Don't just post ideas or say that those ideas are great, do something about it!!!!!

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »
Making a female model - download 3d modeling software and start modeling?

Don't just post ideas or say that those ideas are great, do something about it!!!!!

It would be cool not just to make a female model, but also some different types of male - female. Not that imporant for the gameplay or so, but looks better when you can choose from more types.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2009, 11:39:45 AM »
 It would look better if the current models had strafe jumping animations. Currently it just uses the animation for jump.

KnightOfCydonia

• PGP
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2009, 01:45:10 PM »
I think a scoring for pong-mode goals would be awesome. Just have the last person of the other team to hit it gets a goal, since sometimes the goalie will hit the ball but it'll still go in, and we don't want the goalie to score a goal. So basically you type in 'localstats' and you'll see a section for Pong Goals and perhaps extend the goalie box therefore when the ball is inside that box and the goalie hits it away, you get a Pong Save. For example, the ball is traveling towards the Red Goal and the Red Goalie hits the ball while inside the goalie box.

Good, right?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »
My first advice is to try to find things that can be improved or created outside of the paintball installer. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to accomplish most of the ideas in this thread without having jitspoe do all of the work.

I'll throw a few out there:
- PB2 Etiquette Guide (expected chat and play behavior for pubs/matches/irc/forums)
- Public Stats Tracker (each pub server easily sets one up, or a global site with data from approved pub servers)
- Match/Scrim/Tournament Site (stats for clans, demo downloads, integrated with IRC services and stats from match servers)
- HR4 Texture Repository (user contributed site for texture uploads, listing of needed HR4s, texture pack releases, a starting point for an approved HR4 pack)
- Map packs (different map packs for all/classic/popular/pong/siege/etc., spotlight for new map releases, add-on packs every few months)
- External cheat detection software (how else can we catch speed/sound/map/model/texture cheats??)
- PB2TV (it should be possible to hack in GTV features into a new .exe, serverdemo and playback control support would be nice here)
- Social site for clans (let each clan have their own profile page, member list, recent matches, unmoderated flame wars)
- News feed (interesting news/drama taken from matches, irc, forums in one place.. updated a couple times daily)

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 09:19:50 AM »

I'll throw a few out there:....

Wow, greats ideas. Who made this web? Only jitspoe? Or DP2 has a programming-team etc? Bacause, more futures are really needed but we'are w8ting so much for new builds ..
If any team doesn't exist and jitspoe is alone, i sugges make some team for webs things, for game, for ANTIMULTI(dp2 has it), for forum, for futers, for bugs, for jumps tutorial, for book tutorial, etc ..        
Here's surely lots of smart people...

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »
That's why there are committee members, global moderators, and most important...

ViciouZ   :)

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 09:31:44 AM »
That's why there are committee members, global moderators, and most important...

On this site a long time nothing news. That is the main problem, everything takes so long time... little people(helpers)