Author Topic: Impersonators  (Read 42674 times)

Derrek

• Stingray
Impersonators
« on: April 15, 2006, 08:08:14 PM »
Recently, there have been a few impersonators floating around.

[GT]Nick was caught today on IP 84.153.24.176 (p549918B0.dip0.t-ipconnect.de.).  He told me that [GT]Sharon invited him to the clan.  Two people told me that they were invited to the clan from [GT]Nick.  They were [GT]Mike and M0ney.  This person was never in GT (not to be confussed with the old player PartyPooper) and had no athority to invite people to GT.  Other names that he has used are: *kc*Fidel and [M&MK]TiGGeR.  I was told by someone else that TiGGeR was Agent Smith.

At any rate, who ever is on that IP has earned a ban on GT servers for impersonation.

The impersonator [GT]Mike will not have a ban, as he was 'dupped' into believing that a real GT member invited him into the clan.

Also, [e33t]DirtyBurrito has connected to GT servers several times recently on IP 67.181.161.114(c-67-181-161-114.hsd1.ca.comcast.net).  I requested that person to remove the tag, and quit impersonating DirtyTaco's name.  He ignored me, so I place a tban on him.  A few days later, he actually changed his name to [eR33t]DirtyBurrito and DT told me that he was inviting people into eR33t.  I warned him and then banned him.  I then chased him from server to server (while he kept the offending name) and told him to change it, then contacted the server admins and had him banned from their servers as well.

Any impersonation of GT members (or other clan members/clans) will earn an immediate ban on the GT servers.

I hope that other server admins will follow this example and ban impersonators when they are detected.

I don't like to have to post people's IP addresses, *but*  I feel this kind of activity deserves it as these people are trying to hide their identity through the theft of another’s.  I will continue to post IP addresses for anyone that impersonates.

-Derrek

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: Impersonators
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 08:15:06 PM »
Good work.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 08:22:31 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:50:56 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 11:36:44 PM »
Thanks, Derrek.  While I am working on a login system to prevent impersonations, I'm sure people will inevitably find ways around it, so it's good to know the admins are willing to take action.  It's also good that you're taking action in the meantime.  With enough work, we can whip this community into shape!

For the record, [M&MK]TiGGeR is, indeed, AgentSmith.

MrRiblets

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:48:39 PM »
Man, Im looking forward to that login system Jits. Nice work Derrek.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:17:59 AM »
This is a problem in many games, and its very anoying when a person claims to be in your clan but truely isn't, and is on a server that isn't yours, so there is nothing you can do that would be immediate action unless and admin is on.
Good work on catching him, and I too await the login system.

Jistpoe, have you played Quake4 and seen the "clan" field that is in the multiplayer setup? I think that would be pretty cool to have, a seperate section of the scoreboard for clan tags. It would be a hastle, but maybe have the login system have a person register a clan name and organize information on it for other so see (e.g. - website, irc channel, members, what the acronmy stands for, etc...), and then only users that are added to the clan via login system could display the clan tags. Just some crazy ideas.

Since I'm posting on a "Cheater Reports and Bans" thread I might as well ask this here: Is there a perma-ban function in build 16? Or would if I were to perma-ban would I have to block their ip on my server or router?

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 05:20:52 AM »
Derrek u r right... I saw it and u spamed  GET THE  F*** OFF U LITTLE BIT** lmfao nice work on MeMi PuB1 ;)

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 05:32:22 AM »
@jitspoe Agent smith is indeed [M%MK]TriGGer AND Takanamesi

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 06:15:21 AM »
Not a good job Derrek, but a great job.

Keep it up.

Maybe staart a thread based strictly on impersonators, or maybe a web page?

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 10:40:45 AM »
Lol, at first Hi derrek!

I know that I am tigger, u dont have to tell me ;-)

but I didnt take any ppl in GT since my IP doesnt even start with 84.153 ...

Of course other told you I invited the people since _all_ germans in this game hate me...

*kc*fidel is my brother who is in Berlin (600Miles away from my hometown) for over 1 week now so how should he be on dp?! and why should he take people into GT?!?!

You got any solid proove that I accepted the people or just some people like MoSez pretending to KNOW that it was me?!

I'm looking forward to the login system too (jit knows that :D ) since >>SmD<< Viper &Frozer &MoSez keep faking my name....

The most easy way to find out that it wasn't me who invited the people is looking at the IP's.

Theyre not dynamic, they are statistic IPs (I dont know if u use the same 2 words in america, anyways: STatistic IP tells you where the User connected witht hat IP comes from, dynamic dont do that!) 84.153 is umm I think CENTRAL Munich where I dont live.....

I think it was just another try of Meini etc. to get rid of me since he started posts on MeMi forum as soon as he read this topic...

*I didnt change my IP but can connect to GT what means: It wasnt me ;-)

Nice try MoSez !

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:39:11 AM by P!nk »

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 11:18:51 AM »

ok
At. 1st @pink u were in his clan right? ok (LOL)
2nd. Agent look at he sshot and be quiet ok? thx
3rd. In the past u did the same With DarKp and MeMi.. U faked their names and let ppl in it... so plz be quiet ok? thx
4.th. U said, ugh, like 5 months ago that ur brother have the Dawn syndrom and now he is kc whatever fidel.. so what is the truth?Liar...
5.th All Germans hate u cuz u r such an fake and fake names,clans ...

I never faked u cuz u r nothing....
Why would I? lmfao plz Shut the Fu**up and leave this communtiy thx

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 11:22:42 AM »
well agent, I told Mosez that you got banned from GT servers after i read this thread by sending him the link to this and he really didnt know. I recognized it by his feelings after he read that.

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 11:34:56 AM »
again...I found this impersonator on the ev1 servers.  I connected and asked him to remove the tag and threatened to have him banned from all servers.  he complied and then asked if he could join GT...I told him no.
I disconnected and 5 minutes later he changed his name back to [GT]Nick...then changed it to F***[GT]Derrek (explitive not fully shown).

Can everyone look at their logs, check and see if the IP has other names associated with it.  I also ask that we get this guy banned for what he is doing.

What would you do if he was impersonating your clan?

-Derrek

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 11:39:05 AM »
About agent

<Derrek> can someone in germany drive out and slap this idiot?
<SkateR> ORLY?
<Derrek> maybe a digital slap would do :]

haha

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 11:39:52 AM »
And GT Nick is now banned from MeMi Servers

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 11:57:33 AM »
and Im not banned, 2nd proove Im not him...

Mosez, u said I faked MemI and Darkp.. omm lemme just say the TRUTH:

1. I was aMeMi trial member once, how should I let ppl in the clan then?

2. I know I had a DarkP tag but thisis I think OVER 2 YEARS AGO AND IT WAS A BAD IDEA THEN, and I didnt let any1 in the clan O_o (+ I had the tag 1 day and not anymore, sorry to any DarkP's reeding this .D)

LOOOL my bro has the dawn syndrom? cool I cant remember when I said that, but If I said it sorry for that lie O_O

enough for now...

(I found out that the faker was Viper, not you ;-) )

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »
Who cares? Whoever GT nick is, he is absolutely terrible. Him and that Mike kid. They are without a doubt worse than normal GT members, so its ok. We know they arent in GT.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 12:01:55 PM »
but fact is that he seems to be faking me 2 (since derrek said he used my and my bro's name...)

he should get global ban...

(his IP got permanent ban on all 3 M&Mk servers...)

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 12:04:34 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:39:08 AM by P!nk »