Author Topic: Global Gamers DP League  (Read 54189 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Global Gamers DP League
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »
Week 1 of the league will either start August 15th or August 22nd. This depends on participation and on a few other things.

Update:

-Screenshot's of each map are no longer needed. The Ref is responsible to take a screenshot of each map and give to a league admin. This is to verify scores. Demo's of each player are still mandatory.
-All reserved teams must have their team set by Friday or teams who reserved to late get to take the spots. If you have problems with the website as it's not that user-friendly, msg Webhead/DPserv or Viciouz on IRC.

If you have any questions or whatnot about the league or formats msg MyeRs / Viciouz / Webhead / Gamabunta on IRC or post it in this thread. We'll keep it updated.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »
[OTB] can play, if a team is missing for some reason. So i created a team.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:34 AM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:28:42 PM by frugglepajamas »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:18 AM »
DaRk` Captain is Viper.
If that's his NickServ account name, then he's all set.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2010, 06:13:29 PM »
So the 15th is in a few days.... Do we have any confirmation on whether or not it starts this weekend or next?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »
So the 15th is in a few days.... Do we have any confirmation on whether or not it starts this weekend or next?

-All reserved teams must have their team set by Friday or teams who reserved to late get to take the spots. If you have problems with the website as it's not that user-friendly, msg Webhead/DPserv or Viciouz on IRC.

Basically we're still missing 4+ teams to register on the website. I'll modify or repost the teams to inform them later on tonight.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »
That is, there are still that many *registered* teams that need to fill in their players.
Exz, Ij, xP, CzT, Dark, and sTn: PLEASE GET YOUR PLAYERS ENTERED ASAP.

StaRz, are you guys only entering 4 players?

Lastly, leaders for the following teams need to log in and hit the Sign up button as instructed on the home page:
Exz, Ij, xP, Dark, oXz.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »
Webhead, could you let me know how to register as player? I tried it last week, but things didn't work. If I remember well I was also asked for a password. Where do we get this from? Is this the league key we got on dplogin?

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »
Most likely your team leader has not set a password. He can log in and click a button to link your account into the team -- but it looks like that's already been done and you've accepted the invite.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
-Screenshot's of each map are no longer needed. The Ref is responsible to take a screenshot of each map and give to a league admin. This is to verify scores. Demo's of each player are still mandatory.

Was the original intent of screenshots just to verify scores? If that was the case it may have also, inadvertently, been the best way to verify that people aren't using modified content. It would still be a good idea to get individual screenshots from people in my opinion. Not here to get in a fight or have a discussion. Just putting good logic out there.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2010, 07:50:37 PM »
I assume the screenshots were just required for the scores. The new rule (ref making a screenshot of the score) is in my opinion a good alternative.

Furthermore I don't think a screenshot of the endscore will reveal any modified stuff. Even if people are using something nowadays, I hope they are smart enough to at least hide it on a screenshot at the end of the map. I fear requiring these screenshots will only end in endless discussions because someone forgot to take a screenshot. Let's trust the cheat detection system... :)

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Was the original intent of screenshots just to verify scores? If that was the case it may have also, inadvertently, been the best way to verify that people aren't using modified content. It would still be a good idea to get individual screenshots from people in my opinion. Not here to get in a fight or have a discussion. Just putting good logic out there.

I also thought it was originally meant to prevent modified content and thought this was a good idea.  I suggest that the ref announces sometime in the match when each person should take a screen shot (in between rounds).  Preferably within the first 5 minutes of the match, and if someone reconnects they must take another screenshot.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
Wont work Olbaid.
People could play with modified content, run their own demo afterwards with a legal content and then take a screenshot at just the point the referee wanted them to.
This is why screenshots would have been to be uploaded by some script immediately.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »
If you guys saw earlier in the thread, I stated the screenshot's were to view textures. If it was to verify score, it would of only been 1 person per team. Right now it's to easy to fake a screenshot [like what Delphi just explained]. And since we couldn't get in contact with jitspoe and couldn't make a random screenshot script ourselves, we just decided to remove the forced screenshots. I mean, if somebody had modded content they wouldn't take it themself and give it in. We also did not want to abuse the committee's priviledges for the league.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2010, 12:30:45 AM »
I know ways for forced ss's ;)

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »
Well try to have a committee member be a ref, and he can auto screenshot for everyone.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2010, 12:58:08 AM »
On the website could you add biker as a member to ]SanC[

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2010, 07:47:36 AM »
On the website could you add biker as a member to ]SanC[

Your team leader can do that (which appears to be juiicy).

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »
Well try to have a committee member be a ref, and he can auto screenshot for everyone.
That'd put another thing under jitspoes belt, fishing them out :P.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »
Week 1 of the league will either start August 15th or August 22nd. This depends on participation and on a few other things.
I guess the league will not start tomorrow?