Author Topic: sad, but true.  (Read 12464 times)

planB

• PGP
sad, but true.
« on: February 23, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
This post should have the title: "YOU FAILED!"  :o  ;D
but.. some of you guys know that i dont need those words
to make you something clear:

i saw a lot of posts down under the banlist saying that the community is dying and the game is already dead.
actually the game isn't dead.
newbies will start playing this game one day, like all of us did,
and maybe they will stuck on this excrement or not.
on the other side, you have to commit, that the community IS lost.
most guys don't play this game any longer because of various reason.
1 should be something like: "woaah! s*!t! this play only have slow steps in its improvement.
2 could be, that the majority of you flame.
the need to trade other people like excrement.

and this is actually your biggest mistake.

because of this, some guys start trying cheats.
just to know how it feels like to be a "legendz" which can see through walls. or a "snox" with a wonderful SIMULATED aim.
AND now being on their "skill" level, they can flame, too.
and pass their time saying arrogant things.

=> because of you (the guys who cheat) the community is dead. there is no reason to still playing this game, when the fun is lost a long time ago.

thats not a "i cry so much" post.
instead you should see this as a WAKE-UP call to all of you, guys.

Spook

• Autococker
Re: sad, but true.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »
I didn't know we traded excrement in this community, maybe I should come back.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
Not really planB, this game is just too repetitive, and is getting boring for some people.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »
bad english, wisely spoken :o but i'm leaning with juiicy on this one. what i've learned from playing counter strike on my time being banned is that people play it because its advertised and modifications and new maps and things like that. i mean this game has mods but we've all played them one way or another. and the DM mode on this game doesnt work anymore. i think that was turned off in build 21. so u would need the files from that build to have a DM server. its just the fact that this game is running out of options.

basically what needs to happen is these feature votes need to start being implemented.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »
I think people cheat a lot because since this game is free, they think they can do what ever they want.

Maybe, we should have something like patrol officers that go around pubs, banning people who use cheats.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
lmfao and how would you know if they are cheating? besides speedhacking.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:05:16 PM »
actually thats a pretty good idea what he says about admins. i don't think that it should be with a password thing because if someone has an admin password to a server and say they get into a fight with that owner. that guy can pass out the admin password and random people can come in and login with admin. what i think should happen to change this is to make it more like counter strike (admin wise). in counter strike admin is auto loaded through steam id's or ip addresses depending on how the owner of that server wants it. since we all have our special unique id's from the site it should be like that to the servers if the owner of that server wants to put an admin on that server then go to the site and get that persons unique ID and add it into the admin list. with the persons name next to it so if they abuse they can just take out that persons id instead of changing that password around and forgetting what the hell he changed it too.

cuz i know that i have admin to a number of servers and its hard to keep up with bans and stuff so the ban system for counter strike is also the same. people are banned by their unique id or the ip address which is WAY more convenient. because its easy as hell for one to just evade there ban here on dp because all they really ahve to do is go to a friends house and login. their accounts should be banned by their unique id as well. because then they have no chance of logging in and expecting to play on a server. which brings up more multi accounts. but it should be easy to tell if its a multi account because no one really keeps their mouth shut if they made one and will eventually tell someone.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 11:27:05 PM »
You know what's sad but true?  Some one who says banning players for cheating/breaking the rules is killing the game reports a hacker.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »
are u referring to me? i never reported anyone.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 07:07:46 AM »
lol i bet planb got called noobie in pub and then felt bad and wrote this.. game is dying because its all the same from year to year.. JUST BORING

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »
People have stopped playing this game because it's been almost the same for the past 4 years. I mean, if we look back at build 21 and see whats changed since then, not a lot. Ok, there has been bug fixes and general game improvements, but nothing that will keep and maintain players. Personally, each build should have something unique added to it, something that will make players think "I can't wait for this feature in build 33, going to be great!" - if players get this attitude, they will tell their friends... This is a pathetic example, but thousands of players continuously play Call of Duty because of prestige and honour; if Paintball 2 had something such as this, a way of distinguishing good players to bad players (perhaps earning 'points' for each game you play could spark something, and once you get to 10,000 'points' you unlock a new amazing gun that can't be picked up by other players... etc etc. We need something that'll keep the community that we currently have playing, and to do this jitspoe and other developers need to put something special into build releases. Personally, I don't care whether it takes 2 months for each build release - as long as it has a fantastic, new and interesting feature that will perhaps maintain players, it'll be worth it.

Players have got lots of ideas for the game, but implementing them is the hardest thing. If only jitspoe could create a somewhat almost bug-free build with hardly any errors, and then add amazing features in the next builds it would be fantastic...
(Tempted to make a feature vote for the point system now...)

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »
just to know how it feels like to be a "legendz" which can see through walls.

hmm happens ;)

na srsly
you are right.. this game is dying cause of hackers.. but i think everyone here knows that already.. so why are u wasting ur time in that post??

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »
Good point Legendz :P I'd add the fact that every good players got banned in the same couple of weeks.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 10:03:15 AM »
because of the guys who cheat the community is dead.

partially right. I think the community would still be bigger, but it's very normal that players come and go.

Maybe, we should have something like patrol officers that go around pubs, banning people who use cheats.

actually you can do this yourself. Make a demo of someone you suspect to be cheating and post it here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »
Maybe some 'event' would unite the community back together? For example, the Global gamers DP League brought some clans back (I believe 9 teams from Europe, and NA).

It would probably work since the only thing anyone could do in this game is pub, or match which is rare nowadays.

A tournament or season of some sort would maybe bring some former clans/players back in this game to participate for some 'prizes'.

This is just an idea though.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 07:01:54 PM »
another GGDP league would be sick with higher cash prizes.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 10:23:23 PM »
i'm feelin that. should give it 2 months to get it ready :P

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »
People have stopped playing this game because it's been almost the same for the past 4 years. I mean, if we look back at build 21 and see whats changed since then, not a lot. Ok, there has been bug fixes and general game improvements, but nothing that will keep and maintain players. Personally, each build should have something unique added to it, something that will make players think "I can't wait for this feature in build 33, going to be great!" - if players get this attitude, they will tell their friends... This is a pathetic example, but thousands of players continuously play Call of Duty because of prestige and honour; if Paintball 2 had something such as this, a way of distinguishing good players to bad players (perhaps earning 'points' for each game you play could spark something, and once you get to 10,000 'points' you unlock a new amazing gun that can't be picked up by other players... etc etc. We need something that'll keep the community that we currently have playing, and to do this jitspoe and other developers need to put something special into build releases. Personally, I don't care whether it takes 2 months for each build release - as long as it has a fantastic, new and interesting feature that will perhaps maintain players, it'll be worth it.

Players have got lots of ideas for the game, but implementing them is the hardest thing. If only jitspoe could create a somewhat almost bug-free build with hardly any errors, and then add amazing features in the next builds it would be fantastic...
(Tempted to make a feature vote for the point system now...)

Jits works on the game as he can, but don't forget he has a real job and some sort of life. If you want features to be implemented quicker, go donate to him using that new donate link he put up on the main site.
Aside from that, the best things that could be done to help the game's development would be for other programmers to get more involved and for jits to open up the source code more. But I've already expressed these sentiments to him, and at the end of the day, it's his game and his choice. So I don't really think complaining about it will accomplish a whole lot. Instead, try contributing something positive, even if it's just a "hey jits, thanks for putting out b32, i'm glad you still work on the game."

another GGDP league would be sick with higher cash prizes.
There probably will be another GGDP League this year (or if not this year, maybe next -- who knows). Realize, tho, that all prizes before were solely from the goodness of Butta and Lore's hearts (they are SO generous). Want bigger prizes? I'd recommend pitching in some $$ to help out the league. After all, this is a free game, so you're lucky to get prizes at all.

STeam

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
Im sorry, but committe members are rly bad...  where is any justice? someone cheat 2 weeks and he is banned, and someone with same cheat can do it half year(maybe more)... and same with mutliaccs...  Nani has more then 20 accounts (all know it)and he never was banned for it, and someone has 2 accs for 2-3 weeks and he got ban...

btw im sorry for my english...

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 04:06:33 PM »

Im sorry, but committe members are rly bad...  where is any justice? someone cheat 2 weeks and he is banned, and someone with same cheat can do it half year(maybe more)... and same with mutliaccs...  Nani has more then 20 accounts (all know it)and he never was banned for it, and someone has 2 accs for 2-3 weeks and he got ban...

btw im sorry for my english...

1+ im  not  so  long  in  this  game  so  i  cant  agree  with  you  in  the  point about  the  commitee but  the  rest  is  fantastic