Poll

What should we do? [Read down below before answering]

Split up players, make new clans.
1 (3.1%)
Tell some more friends about the game
4 (12.5%)
Have more events like tourneys, and stuff to make game more exciting for new players
4 (12.5%)
help some noobs out in pubs
6 (18.8%)
All of The above
6 (18.8%)
Advertise
10 (31.3%)
Make training clans
1 (3.1%)
Make different variations of the game not just capture the flag
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: December 07, 2011, 05:06:49 AM

Author Topic: Not enough DP players.  (Read 13509 times)

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: Not enough DP players.
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
do what i do, go on the quake irc and spam dplogin.com. yes you will get banned but who plays poopy quake anyway?

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »
Get your mom to write it on her boobs and walk around topless for a few days.

Worked for me.

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Get your mom to write it on her boobs and walk around topless for a few days.

Worked for me.
;D Laughed so hard on this, nice.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »
The only problem I see here with advertising is that to do it right, you are going to be paying. I guese if you have the extra money for it laying around go ahead.

I agree. I think the price for advertising the right way starts at $10,000. I think that's also a monthly payment or something.

Imagine how much money YouTube partners make off of advertisements.

But if there's enough money, then it would be worth it.

If the game gets popular enough from advertising, then large companies would pay to put advertisements on this website.

This reminds me of a feature vote called in game adds to support development costs.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 04:16:40 PM »
Visit www.dplogin.com for an incredible, fast paced FPS!

just do that everywhere.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 04:28:03 PM »

just do that everywhere.

IMO, that will just make things worse because its annoying.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
Guys, do NOT do what Foxhound says he's doing, and do not listen to unrated's advice either. It will not work.

If you guys want more people to play the game, help the newcomers out in pubs instead. Don't ignore their questions and don't look down on them just because they're new. That way they'll find the community to be a good one and they'll be more inclined to stick around, and they might even mention the game to their friends in a positive manner.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 05:37:41 PM »
Play league of legends :) i liked this game but it will eventually die o.O i would come back to the game. Unban all players give all a 2nd try

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »
Play league of legends :) i liked this game but it will eventually die o.O i would come back to the game. Unban all players give all a 2nd try

or a 4th in your case...

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »
Guys, do NOT do what Foxhound says he's doing, and do not listen to unrated's advice either. It will not work.

If you guys want more people to play the game, help the newcomers out in pubs instead. Don't ignore their questions and don't look down on them just because they're new. That way they'll find the community to be a good one and they'll be more inclined to stick around, and they might even mention the game to their friends in a positive manner.

I dunno about that! Ive had people asking me how to set up in the past..but yeah its annoying, I hope people reading realise it was meant as a joke, although saying it once in a channel or forum is no issue.

Tupac(Chalk)

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »
i rap aight :

yo im just tryna play dp

then when im done i watch marley and me

but i aint no punk

just cuz my bed is a bunk

we need training clans

to replace all of the bans

and we need sum advertising

cuz sum ppl just aint realizing

that thiss game is worth trying

and yo it dont involve dying

just eliminating

cuz campers always baiting

dp for life

i bet i could steall yo wife

who gon step to me?

ill rip u b4 u count to 3

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
do what i do, go on the quake irc and spam dplogin.com. yes you will get banned but who plays poopy quake anyway?
Ummm, if it was not for Quake you would not be here playing in the first place.
IMO as well, DP2 started in 1998 and still has a following no matter how small. I recently went through all the trouble to re install GTA Vice city and MTA for Vice City and found NO servers with players. Doom3 ROE same thing, Unreal even fewer than here. This game is more alive than most online/offline play games so stop knocking it and bashing it and HELP it.
 I run a few personal servers and plan to spare a few MB of space to advertise the game ... do not forget when you advertise a 100% free game that is also has NO spyware or adware to install, just game.
 In other aspects, if someone who "thinks" they are a rapper plays paintball as well as he raps, he must have some serious laundry to do every weekend!

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 01:53:26 AM »
I see that the highest poll so far is Advertising, I hope the people that are voting fro that are willing to help advertise lol because I do not know of anyone else that is just going to do that. Costs a lot.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 02:30:55 AM »
Not even the most expensive advertisement will get people to this game who are not interested in it. Therefore I 100% agree with Joonas that we should do anything to help out the few that are interested in the game.

This means help them out in #paintball and on servers you play with them. Don't immediately female dog them off if they have a newbie playing style or say dumb excrement. If we want this game to grow (or at least have a stable amount of players), we need to show them the positive sides of DP2, and not just our flaming side (we can save this for later when they're used to it - hehe)

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 04:10:14 AM »
Not even the most expensive advertisement will get people to this game who are not interested in it. Therefore I 100% agree with Joonas that we should do anything to help out the few that are interested in the game.

This means help them out in #paintball and on servers you play with them. Don't immediately female dog them off if they have a newbie playing style or say dumb excrement. If we want this game to grow (or at least have a stable amount of players), we need to show them the positive sides of DP2, and not just our flaming side (we can save this for later when they're used to it - hehe)
Hence the help noobs in pubs option lol

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »
I see that the highest poll so far is Advertising, I hope the people that are voting fro that are willing to help advertise lol because I do not know of anyone else that is just going to do that. Costs a lot.
I vote that since Snood suggested advertising as an option, that he pay for it!

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »
I vote that since Snood suggested advertising as an option, that he pay for it!
Lol again, just like on the other post, read before you comment. You obviously at this point I am assuming that you cannot read. The reason i put advertise as an option there was because someone suggested it to me. The reply is still there, first page. Nice try though :). Read before you post kthnx.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »
I recently just read this topic. I noticed you left a option out of your list.

Have the committee do something.

Should have been in there somewhere correct?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »
Salary Cap?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »
Guys, do NOT do what Foxhound says he's doing HE IS DUMB AND STUPID AND COULDNT OFFORD A PRESCHOOL EDUCATION LEVEL, and do not listen to unrated's advice either. It will not work.

Slander.

on a serious note, some people click on links just to click on a link. it couldnt hurt to go on random forums that you will never use, and NOT spam it, but create a thread with the link and say you will answer any questions about it. and check back within a week.

I think i might test it and ill let you know. Hater