Author Topic: Who's Playing for Who anyway?  (Read 18136 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Who's Playing for Who anyway?
« on: June 09, 2006, 02:04:30 AM »
So I'm gonna say what I must, and will probubly catch a lot of crap from whom it applies to but i feel its worth a forum post. Enougg said, On to the topic at hand.

Recently,my team -ch1ll- matched -i- and lost (boo hoo) only after we find out that none other than DirtyTaco is playing for them using an alias (posing as swk).  Now, this is only 1 example, but it's a well known fact that -i- has had other people (who are in current stable clans) play for them in matches.  And I'm sure there has been many other clans doing the same thing.  Now as we all know this isnt allowed in PBCup but people seem to think it's OK to do it for regular matches. well, its not, I'd hate to burst your bubble.

This really shows how sheltered, for lack of a better word, the DP community is.  Some people call it 'Ringing' but anyone who's played another game knows ringing only applies in scrims, and if done in a match results in a forfit.  Also, The majority of other games out there have ladders and leagues, Not just the randomness of popping into a channel and asking for a match. 

Back on topic, would the community please learn some proper clanning ettiquette (sp??) and stop all this double clanning stuff.

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Who's Playing for Who anyway?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:19:02 AM »
Dude.
*waves hand.

If all of this is not subject to proper clan ettiquette, than they that dont agreee need to move on.

Loi-yoda

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 07:16:52 AM »
I don't see why you started another thread. There is clearly one on this matter already.  As for "double clanning", not using members, etc.  We used digi when we FIRST started. Digi has not played for us in a good 45-50 matches.  DirtyTaco has played 3-4 times?  That was the first time hes played a whole map.  Usually he just specs.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 08:21:13 AM »
again, you try and justify your actions.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 01:02:47 PM »
User temp banned for this post
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:36:20 PM by jitspoe »

Briton

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »
As a clan noob I do not know much of the etiquette involved with matches but as far as I'm concerned seeing as there are no official rules regarding it people can do what they want outside of PBCup. You want it banned then set up something to set rules for it.

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 04:35:44 PM »
Yeah there are no rules, but it is frouned upon in the clanning community.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 06:07:36 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:39:44 AM by Dirty_Taco »

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 06:14:06 PM »
stable clans? wow eR33t isnt really stable and why would it matter? we murder u guys even when we dont use DT which by the way was only 4 times.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 06:15:21 PM »
You know, J0E, next time you get yourself all worked up and start making claims and misspelling words you should try providing things like proof or evidence to back up your claims. Where are the matching IP's? I don't see them.

Have you even read skaters post?

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 06:31:07 PM »
I'm playing for CC.....

and I take showers/exercise

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 07:02:05 PM »
stable clans? wow eR33t isnt really stable and why would it matter? we murder u guys even when we dont use DT which by the way was only 4 times.
Active for over 4 years qualifies as stable as far as I'm concerned.  Any other clans that have been around that long seem to have gone through numerous revivals/recreations and have seen inconsistent rosters, however none of that applies to eR33t.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 08:51:51 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:39:38 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 09:14:38 PM »
1) ch1ll wasn't in pbcup
2) i didn't play for rust outside of pbcup

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 09:15:29 PM »
I don't see why you started another thread. There is clearly one on this matter already. As for "double clanning", not using members, etc.  We used digi when we FIRST started. Digi has not played for us in a good 45-50 matches.  DirtyTaco has played 3-4 times?  That was the first time hes played a whole map.  Usually he just specs.
Again why are you using other clan members?

A couple of unresolved points.

1. If your own clan cant make it then the forfiet the match, its that simple. Or better yet dont challenge or accecpt a challenge untill you have the all clan members present. Can't you see the injustice? To your oppenet and to the community or you all simply dont care and act with impunity?. Which I belive is the root cause of this post.

2. If your team is not ready to match or is not fully staffed,  dont go to other clans and ask for a pick up, that is dishonest for one. Secondly in a way its cheating. If you dont have the correct amount of players in any other game you would be asked to forfiet.

*edit just read tacos post, if this is true Doom on Herron!! He shuold know better.

*just read herron retort, what say you taco?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 09:58:44 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:39:35 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 11:18:46 PM »
2. If your team is not ready to match or is not fully staffed,  dont go to other clans and ask for a pick up, that is dishonest for one. Secondly in a way its cheating. If you dont have the correct amount of players in any other game you would be asked to forfiet.

They had a couple subs.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 11:22:22 PM »
Sounds like only pb records should only count. This is due to the impunity an elite few hold dear and have no regard for truth nor fairness. Doom on you! Doom on you!

Subs who and when? Please advise.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 11:42:09 PM »
heh Wow, lots of peopel decided to post here. I'm glad i can cause such an uproar.

You know, J0E, next time you get yourself all worked up and start making claims and misspelling words you should try providing things like proof or evidence to back up your claims. Where are the matching IP's? I don't see them.

DT, Other than what skater said, I also have irc logs of you stating you played, i mean what else do i need?

Lekky, i like that whole "trying to justlify your actions" bit.

Furthermore, Insane requested that we use their server claiming ping isses, knowing that -ch1lll- checks all players IP's for every match.

Yeah there are no rules, but it is frouned upon in the clanning community.
Thats a nice way to put things, OJ.  There are no set rules in clanning outside of leagues/ladders.

Xsv-Boy

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 11:57:07 PM »
Should there be a set of rules? something jitspoe designed around what clans generally do in matches?  i am going to take ch1ll's side since every time we match they end up not having 1 real name.