This week
2 (5.9%)
Next week
5 (14.7%)
Following Week
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 07, 2012, 12:05:31 PM

Author Topic: Digital Paintball 2 Tourney signups  (Read 7195 times)

SnooD

• VM-68
Digital Paintball 2 Tourney signups
« on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 2v2 tournament Sign-ups now open!

Tournament Information:

Date: TBD
Time: TBD
Map Pool: airtime, carpathian, duck_fix, Macabre, pbcup_renoir, sandtrap, propaint1, propaint2, shazam22, silent_b1, ub_columbia, wobluda_fix  

Rules:  
-No cheating/modifications

-Each team MUST record a demo the whole match and take a screen shot at the end for proof of the ending score win or loss , if not able to provide one win or loss auto DQ [disqualification] no excuses.

-Teams that are picked for the first map will be the same team for the rest of that match.

-If a teammate drops a member [goes observer or d/c's] the opposing team does NOT have to drop a member as well.

-Each team gets ONE MAP restart BEFORE THE MAP STARTS.

-If a team goes idle and the time to re join runs out they automatically FF [forfeit] the map.

-If a member/members leaves the server before the map/match is over and does not come back before the current map is over it is an automatic map FF[forfeit].

-All maps will be hosted on Superman/.Ij. servers no exceptions.

-Play fair, have fun  

Please remember to only create ONE account per team.  Brackets will be randomly created when all spots have been filled.Also when signing up put your clan tag in front of your name so we can tell which team you are on, otherwise you will be automatically rejected.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:08:43 AM by SnooD »

WarWulf

• Autococker
Re: Digital Paintball 2 Tourney signups
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
no caturday?? pfft

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »
You'll get the best results on weekends.

Anytime before 4pm on a weekday will not get you good results, as most active players are in school - or have full time jobs.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »
You'll get the best results on weekends.

Anytime before 4pm on a weekday will not get you good results, as most active players are in school - or have full time jobs.
Ok, I'll add weekends

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
Make the tourny after me and chemical get unbanned more players that will involve in this. xoxoxo

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »
what he said

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »
Can always have another one after you get unbanned.  Anyone who wants to run a tourney through my site can.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
Was going to try and make this a monthly thing actually so it isn't like this will be the only time.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 05:24:58 PM »
poor servers. :\

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »
CC just doesn't want to be proved that they lost now that other better clans are starting up, they like that little fantasy record they have in their heads.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »
Yes, you are correct.

The only reason we don't want to join a poorly ran 2v2 tournament is because "we doesnt want to be proved we lost"

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
Yes, you are correct.

The only reason we don't want to join a poorly ran 2v2 tournament is because "we doesnt want to be proved we lost"
Yeah, so poorly ran. So poorly ran that i think people are already starting to sign up and that I took more action for once unlike anyone else. Please share your pure lack of intelligence/respectfulness somewhere else, I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear what you have to say. Thanks means a lot.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »
Just because people are signing up doesn't mean you know how to run it. Wait till it comes time to get everyone to play and show up.

2v2 tourney! SIGN UP HERE! Tourney Signup!

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »
I see all of these votes, and yes I am aware I gave each person 2 votes a piece. But I only have 2 sing ups..I have not not even voted myself yet..come on.......what is that all about?

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
Some of the maps arent good for 2vs2 imo.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 01:25:56 AM »
What Unrated said, carp, prolandr and similar are not 2on2 maps, this will only bring capfest. Also, think about allowing replacements, 2+1. And if you are trying to run a tourney, Olbaid and Cola shouldn't be able to provoke you, and you shouldn't have been provoking them. If they don't wanna participate, it's their choice.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 01:40:16 AM »
 Here I am again. Trying to help, not to flame.

I see you have some things here, that look like errors to me, but maybe they are intentional. Going to address them anyway:
1. Date. Just set a date. You can not please everybody. Saturday evening, sunday evening sounds the best. Start at like 5pm/6pm your time and it should be fine.

2. Maplist. You have 12 maps there. So I assume everybody can pick one map from the maplist. What if tie map if needed? There are 10 maps remaining in the mappool - you can't eliminate maps. So what's the scenario here? Besides that, MOST of the maps are not interesting in 2v2. Unless you are a racer and match is all about outcapping your opponent. I'd go with duck/wob/air/pp1/s22. This way you have  5 maps in the mappool. Each team can pick a map and if tie is needed, each team can eliminate a map and play the last remaining map as tie map.
Now, by maximum one team can have 3 matches, right. I'd say it takes ~1,5h for each match. So that's about 4hour tourney. I think it's too long. That's why it's good to play only 1 map per match (each team elims 2 maps and play the remaining map). This way 1 match takes about 30minutes and you can finish the tournament in reasonable time.

3. Rules. Just like christians put 'Don't kill' in their book, you put 'Don't cheat'. What the intercourse? Isn't that logical. Or are you assuming all your players are idiots.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 03:48:16 AM »
Here I am again. Trying to help, not to flame.

I see you have some things here, that look like errors to me, but maybe they are intentional. Going to address them anyway:
1. Date. Just set a date. You can not please everybody. Saturday evening, sunday evening sounds the best. Start at like 5pm/6pm your time and it should be fine.

2. Maplist. You have 12 maps there. So I assume everybody can pick one map from the maplist. What if tie map if needed? There are 10 maps remaining in the mappool - you can't eliminate maps. So what's the scenario here? Besides that, MOST of the maps are not interesting in 2v2. Unless you are a racer and match is all about outcapping your opponent. I'd go with duck/wob/air/pp1/s22. This way you have  5 maps in the mappool. Each team can pick a map and if tie is needed, each team can eliminate a map and play the last remaining map as tie map.
Now, by maximum one team can have 3 matches, right. I'd say it takes ~1,5h for each match. So that's about 4hour tourney. I think it's too long. That's why it's good to play only 1 map per match (each team elims 2 maps and play the remaining map). This way 1 match takes about 30minutes and you can finish the tournament in reasonable time.

3. Rules. Just like christians put 'Don't kill' in their book, you put 'Don't cheat'. What the intercourse? Isn't that logical. Or are you assuming all your players are idiots.
The dates I have there for a reason, there are limited players signing up as is, so if certain ones cant make it one day and everyone votes for a different day, only half of the teams will show up.

The maps are fine, some are a bit big but I have been playing 2v2 matches lately and they are the picked maps. The number of maps is fine there are only 4 rounds, 8 if you include the losers bracket. This is just a trial tourney to see how well it goes for maybe possible bigger tourney's down the road. What I am doing is I wrote down these maps and everyone is going to play the same map for the first round then second, ect. The extra 3 are for possible ties, when getting to the losers bracket, they will just redo the same map series.

Yes that is obvious, and no I am not assuming all players are stupid. All though some are not mentioning any names, but none are stupid enough to not know that. But didn't jitspoe also put under his account making page to not cheat? Even though it is perfectly clear that you are not supposed to cheat on an online game, interacting with other real players.

Hope that answers your question, please continue to post if you have more.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »
 I have no further interest