Author Topic: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?  (Read 43585 times)

TiMe2ChilL

• PGP
Re: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »
There are two reason why I stopped pubbing (and playing)

1. Other good players stopped pubbing because they thought it's cool to chill 24/7 on IRC without even talking (with the only exception being post game flaming after matches).
A game needs a stable pub scene in order to be tournament worthy. Newbs never really get to see better players. They're not forced to get better
2. Stpid ************************************************************** Speed Server killed pubs for me. I started this game when CTF and 60 seconds respawn was standart (30 seconds is ok aswell). After Speed Servers went up (thanks to OTB who still try to deny the negative aspects of their servers with their strange reasonings. No, it didn't help the game. You just moved the player base from normal servers to Speed Servers )  every ******* ******* ****** newb played on 3 seconds spawn killing ub_cliff/discovery. This game has a one-shot-kill mechanic. It's not meant to be played with almost no respawn time. Players have to think how and when to move in order not to get killed. This is what makes PB challenging and fun, not constant reckless rushing without any purpose (Speed Server rounds almsot never end..)

But well, I don't pay for the server, so it's not my job to decide on the settings. It just causes empty server with more challenging gameplay

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
1. Other good players stopped pubbing because they thought it's cool to chill 24/7 on IRC without even talking (with the only exception being post game flaming after matches).
This.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
1) When you try to match you have teams like ThC that pick maps you've never seen just so they can win 1 map.
2) i dont have a team.
3) your models arent as sexy as lux. i want to play as a girl with big tits.

You don't have a team because none of the teams like you.  I am glad you finally quit begging to get in ThC.

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 02:54:11 AM »
1. Pros have to step back  a little on Pub´s against Newbies because its realy no fun to get dominated ALL the time. (jitspoe is right )

2. Older Players should show more respect against Newbies and help them.

3. Double Jump for everyone as default setting also settings like sensitivity that the difference is not so big for beginners. always run for examlpe to

4. Maybe more of some funny effects , like sounds when u cap or also fail something like this realy funny farting sound.

5. More GOOD maps.

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:01 AM »
And u are out there plz stop talking about a dead game meanwhile u visit everyday PB servers
Why u dont make more marketing on facebook etc ?

Its also on us to make it the nice game that the most of us found in the internet some years ago.

U kill ur own fun and cry cry cry cry

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:53 AM »
i liked that post
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:41:20 AM by CheMiCal »

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 07:17:06 AM »
sorry for my english

oldman ;)

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 11:16:15 AM »

2. Stpid ************************************************************** Speed Server killed pubs for me. I started this game when CTF and 60 seconds respawn was standart (30 seconds is ok aswell). After Speed Servers went up (thanks to OTB who still try to deny the negative aspects of their servers with their strange reasonings. No, it didn't help the game.

This is where the game died even more. First instance when I first started playing there would actually be a decent amount of people playing, probably around 100 or so at any given time. Now since I have been off ban (like 2 years now) every server is a speed server practically and I never see more than around 30 people playing at once. And the only time there are that many people playing are when the speed servers are on shaz33 or italy (italy is possibly the second worst thing to happen to the game behind speed servers).

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:55 AM »
(italy is possibly the second worst thing to happen to the game behind speed servers).

I believe you're right. I think this map was never meant to be played with over 30 people...

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
Okay, maybe this is also an important point.

But do you really think that the speed server problem and all the other problems that come along with it
make the second point of my last post void?

Time changes, we change and so our way to play also changes.
Multiplayer games are faster, bigger and louder today than some years ago.

Why are more newbies on speed servers than on pubs ?

Not because they want to destroy the Pub scene. They just want to have fun anyway.

Yes, it's crazy to see players on servers like "italy 24/7" with 40 players plus bots.
But in fact it looks like they have the fun that you/we/I miss sometimes.

And come on. In the last weeks i've been playing a lot on all kinds of servers.
Sometimes / most of time some older players on pub play like it's about their lifes or like it's a match.

To show what ? There are enough rentable servers.

And by the way: Last week I asked for mapwishes for a pub server right in this forum.
So everybody is free to bring ideas.

I got 2 serious answers to this question.
1. pgp train out
2. pgp train in
*rofl*

So, what do you (all the other guys) think now?
And, kilo, why have you been banned?

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »
I say pgptrain in because i like it :D. I say get rid of the servers that play the same individual map 24/7.

TiMe2ChilL

• PGP
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
Okay, maybe this is also an important point.

But do you really think that the speed server problem and all the other problems that come along with it
make the second point of my last post void?

Time changes, we change and so our way to play also changes.
Multiplayer games are faster, bigger and louder today than some years ago.

Why are more newbies on speed servers than on pubs ?

Not because they want to destroy the Pub scene. They just want to have fun anyway.

Yes, it's crazy to see players on servers like "italy 24/7" with 40 players plus bots.
But in fact it looks like they have the fun that you/we/I miss sometimes.

And come on. In the last weeks i've been playing a lot on all kinds of servers.
Sometimes / most of time some older players on pub play like it's about their lifes or like it's a match.

To show what ? There are enough rentable servers.

And by the way: Last week I asked for mapwishes for a pub server right in this forum.
So everybody is free to bring ideas.

I got 2 serious answers to this question.
1. pgp train out
2. pgp train in
*rofl*

So, what do you (all the other guys) think now?
And, kilo, why have you been banned?

Well then, what do you want? We're not on these forums because we want to change the meta game of PB since most of us prefer standart game mode (or what used to be standart). Yes, there are people who play on speed servers regularly, and it's not like we don't want them, but they're hard to work with.
Like I already said: Dying is a penalty, and it should be treated as one. An even harder penalty than dying in CoD/Quake/CS. Speed Server completly take that away. You get killed on 24/7 italy? Np, after 3secs you'll get another nade and enough time to rush into another suicide mission (as long as you're not getting spawn killed) to wreak havoc, which will be complelty nullified 3 seconds afterwards.

Speed Server's take a good bunch of PB's identiy away . I'm not against different game types per se, but we do not have enough player's to sustain them without losing the "core game"

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 01:34:30 AM »
I think not that speedservers are a due or guilty.

Love speedservers !

;) no i never get killed!

By the way Topic should be.......... Bring new Ideas!

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 02:51:10 AM »
hehe

I´ll see now that i misunderstood some threads.
Sorry.

I think Terrorist´s  idea about a spawn protection is great.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »
why havent i played much recently ?

1. because zimt is inactive
2. too much italy and pgptrain kinda excrementmaps on pubs.. nothing against speed servers tho
3. have much more things to do than few years ago
4. mIRC is basically dead and i dont wanna match the same 2-3 clans everytime

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
why havent i played much recently ?

all the fighting between clans/people is getting boring and annoying. it truly needs to stop, starting with me.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »
1. Pros have to step back  a little on Pub´s against Newbies because its realy no fun to get dominated ALL the time. (jitspoe is right )

2. Older Players should show more respect against Newbies and help them.

This is funny as it is also what is killing off real paintball as well.
 The graphics is the main issue with new people since most games now have so much eye candy to offer. Also what is the compatability with Windows 7 and 8? When XP is dumped so will 7 be in favor of only windows 8.
 Adding better A.I. for offline play, less maps as stated many times before, solo play tutorial maps against either A.I. or one on one match with someone who will train and not trash new players.
 If you need revenue to help improve the game future upgrades, have pay servers, nothing extreme but like $4 to $10 to join. Would keep a few from "hacking" as banning would cancel conract and would have to buy in again to play. Play offline or basic public servers free and pay to go to the rest.
 The list could go on and on forever with pros and cons from people with different tastes and styles for online gameplay.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
well gonass, sometimes we gotta stoop to your level so that you can understand us.

Gave up on "Growing up...starting with myself" rather quickly I see.  

Guess Tyler Durden was right, "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

On the subject of the topic, mainly just too busy and there are not many clans out there to play.

david14

• PGP
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »
Basically for latin american players (like me), who are actually discovering the game, is frustrating the low amount of low-ping servers, another option for these new players is to play in european servers, which consequently leads us to have lag.

Those 3-5 low-ping servers are speed servers, usually with little variety of maps.

Another factor that lead new players to quit the game is that group of players usually called "spawners", for a simple reason: they do not let new players move around the maps, they (the new players) simply get tired and quit the game.

And That's my opinion!

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 09:04:54 PM »
Basically for latin american players (like me), who are actually discovering the game, is frustrating the low amount of low-ping servers, another option for these new players is to play in european servers, which consequently leads us to have lag.

Those 3-5 low-ping servers are speed servers, usually with little variety of maps.

Another factor that lead new players to quit the game is that group of players usually called "spawners", for a simple reason: they do not let new players move around the maps, they (the new players) simply get tired and quit the game.

And That's my opinion!

That ping issue could easily be solved by hosting your own server.  A lot of people just learn how to play with the high ping.  Two of our clan members play with a ping of over 200.