Author Topic: Top 5 plays of the week - League of Legends  (Read 8402 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Top 5 plays of the week - League of Legends
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »
Hello,

DR34M Shockwave has made it into the top 5 plays of the week for the most active game at the moment.

#3 ----- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uri1OwvXjZI&feature=g-u

164,095 views.

League players will appreciate the play.

Whaley

• VM-68
Re: Top 5 plays of the week - League of Legends
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »
Agreed, Dr34m team op :)))

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:17:51 PM »
it's whimsicle.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »
^isnt that the guy youre always talking about shk?

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »
it was a mediocre at best . i don't really submit my plays because i tend to get a lot of hackusations whenever i'm jungling and i get penta/legendary kills and what not.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
lmfaoooooo chalk so good

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:07:01 PM »
So he got in top 5 by failing to get a kill, avoiding getting killed, and his team mates gets the kill for him?  I think that ziggs kill at #5 was a much better play.  Congrats to him though.  Man this guys voice is frigging annoying.  He needs to learn to slow video, add some playback, so he doesn't have to try to talk so fast.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »
dude, that was a really good play, 3 close escapes with the impulse karth ulti negation? come ooon leave personal feelings behind and appreciate this.

also, rick

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 08:19:16 PM »
^ i think purgaltoryexcrement is mad/ j3lly ;D

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »
dude, that was a really good play, 3 close escapes with the impulse karth ulti negation? come ooon leave personal feelings behind and appreciate this.

also, rick

That had nothing to do with personal feelings.  I've pulled off a 5v1 with Rengar escaping like crazy until team showed up for cleanup to an ace.  I didn't say it was bad, I just said I was more impressed with the Ziggs play.  I even said grats.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »
Just watched the vid, only good thing was his stun to stop karth ult saving himself. That lee sin, karthus, and singed shoulda had him. Obviously playing in just a random solo queue, which explains why those three were bad.

I have to agree that the ziggs surviving, getting the kill, and escaping with an impossible jump was better.

On a side note, there's got to be as many top play count downs for that game, proportionally equal to the player base in that game; In other words, anyone can make a count down. It's not like this was produced by riot, a player bracket or a ladder of any kind. You just managed to submit one... we don't even know how many times you've tried to submit or how many different count downs you have submitted to.. however, you got one accepted. Also, take into account the average person who's moderately good at that game doesn't record their demos nor submit them. For all you know you were chosen out of 6 videos he received.

You didn't think I wouldn't defecate on your parade did you?

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 10:47:35 PM »
lol that entire escape was clutch. It doesnt matter how many hes submitted, which as far as im aware is just one, the play was still really good on its own merit.

Also, if lots of people submit lots of plays, and his made #3, surely that means the play is really good. And when you have LoL recorder, as a lot of people do including myself, everything auto records. So effort isnt required in capturing gameplay from previous matches.

Also, hes rather high elo, which is further credit to his play since the players in that bracket are regarded as top 12% in the game. For those that say elo doesnt matter, it does usually.

On a side note, the fact that the lee sin, karthus and singed should have had him, yet he still managed to escape just shows the play was well thought out.

All in all, i love you fox/cam, but your points are invalid, the play was IMO as good as the ziggs play. And saying tihngs like 'I once ladeeda..' is a moot point, its like telling someone who climbs K2 that its not impressive since people have climbed everest. No, its still impressive in its own regard.

Thank you, good day.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »
All I'm saying is, if karthus could land his q and his slow wall, singed... do anything... he woulda died. Also, if karthus wasnt a kitty when he turret dived, he woulda had him as well; Karth was going to die, he shoulda just finished shk off.

All I saw was jax jump to lee sin and then run for his life. how is that a good get away, he was just faster and karthus couldn't hit him with his q OR his slow, and for some reason the singed wasn;t doing jackexcrement... it wasn't as spectacular as ziggs getting blown over a wall, or that lee sin who used wards to escape for like 5 minutes. All he did was run. And like I said, only good thing he did which deserved recognition was saving himself and probably his team mates by stopping karth ult.

I also didn't see anyone on the comments saying anything about that play, NOTHING, I went 13 pages deep untill i saw, jax is awesome... not saying his play, just saying the champ. Someone else said that the Kathrus sucked. All I saw was some people said in general that the play in the vid except the pentakill was not spectacular.

I'm not saying I'm better, I'm not denying he can carry a game by himself. I'm stating there wasn't anything in that video that was "whimsical". You can also move his to 4th, there is no way you can say the "bonus" vid was worse than shk's video.

I know you're all friends, but hop off each others penises for once.

Again, you can't expect me not to defecate on your parade.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 11:08:32 PM »
I'm one of the best duelers in the warsow community. All you other people are just pansy nigz.

What's dr4amt33mz teamspeak  by the way? OP?

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »
The combination of counter strike (e), leap strike (q), ghost to get the MS needed to evade, evasion of defile (karth e), juking to dodge skillshots, and having the initiative to stop karth ult was really good. Dont just take it at face, think about what happened.

Also, I just went on and theres 5 comments on the first 2 pages saying jax played well etc.

Im clearly friends with you both, but youre making bad points to try and put down a good play.  Also, the whimsical joke is related to my new super spectacular facebook PP, its not actually about the video.

The finer points in his replay are what make it good. (capo, inboxed you)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »
He's 2k elo which I believe is top 8% of the game actually, and it was meant for the escape - there's more too it than people see, but there's no reason to argue the details. You see what you want, and judge it by that. Whether you see it as great or not, doesn't mean anything. That's your opinion which is fine. Just like Leesin's great escape videos - it doesn't look like much, but it's the fine details you don't notice from the youtube video. You understand the play like a typical normals player (not trying to insult) - and don't see the detail in it.

I mean, I agree it's not the most amazing play I've ever seen. But it deserved a top 5. I don't agree that the ziggs one was better, but previous weeks had some way better plays. But for getting top 5 in a huge game is still pretty impressive. Only reason I posted it. Didn't think people would go outta their way to try to "defecate on our parade" - instead of congratulating someone for a job well done. We just thought it was cool and shared it. Shockwave hasn't even seen that we posted it.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 12:18:55 AM »
I guess it must be different when you're actually playing the game.  I still haven't gotten around to trying it.  From watching the videos, it just looks like a bunch of tiny cartoon toys awkwardly waddling and glitching around with excessive particle effects.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »
I actually like shks gameplay in that video. But that guy does speak way too fast. He can't even keep up, stumbling over words and excrement lol.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »
I guess it must be different when you're actually playing the game.  I still haven't gotten around to trying it.  From watching the videos, it just looks like a bunch of tiny cartoon toys awkwardly waddling and glitching around with excessive particle effects.
off topic, admin plz remove thanx