Author Topic: Hardcore Unicorn Castles by JEL Lindsey and Twilight Sparkle  (Read 30963 times)

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
Re: Hardcore Unicorn Castles by JEL Lindsey and Twilight Sparkle
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2013, 12:39:07 PM »
Because some speed server kid... Anyone can make their own server, i could just make a server right now and do 24/7 oddjob... that doesn't mean anything...
Which begs the question, are there any good non-symetrical CTF maps?

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »
The answer is no. Look at all the SYMMETRICAL maps in the game.. there's about 10 good ones. look at all the non-symmetrical maps there's about 10 of them out there period and they're all horrible. People can't even make good symmetrical maps, why would people be good at making non-symmetrical maps?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2013, 03:58:17 PM »
There already is a tf2 map in DP, 2Fort

I think I do remember a map with a similar name, but I don't remember it resembling TF2's 2fort though.

I have been thinking about a Team Fortress mod for Paintball 2 for a while, I think it would bee interesting to play Team Fortress with paintball markers. Maybe I should make a post in the feature vote section.

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »
I think I do remember a map with a similar name, but I don't remember it resembling TF2's 2fort though.

I have been thinking about a Team Fortress mod for Paintball 2 for a while, I think it would bee interesting to play Team Fortress with paintball markers. Maybe I should make a post in the feature vote section.
That's not really a feature, but a completely new engine?
The map is called 2fort5

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »
italy is a good non-symmetrical map (good but not great)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2013, 07:52:37 PM »
italy is a good non-symmetrical map (good but not great)

That map is horrible. Its all about lining and spawn killing.. so much fun!

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »
That map is horrible. Its all about lining and spawn killing.. so much fun!
True, the spawn points should be fixed, but other than that it's a pretty good, even map.

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »
actually abbey is a great map and its not symmetrical. in italy half the spawns are facing the wrong direction

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »
irishbrigade

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2013, 02:50:00 AM »
That's not really a feature, but a completely new engine?
The map is called 2fort5

I swear I played that map before but I don't remember much of it. The last time I played that map I noticed very slight (practically subtle) similarities to 2fort because Team Fortress 2 is the only Team Fortress game I've played. Team Fortress 2's 2fort has major changes in it.

In order to add a Team Fortress mode to Paintball 2, all we'd need is the addition of models and some sort of a health system, not a new engine. Since I've thought about this for a while, I'm pretty sure a Team Fortress mode could be backwards compatible with old maps. Recycling models from Quake 2 might be cool reference to what Paintball 2 originally was and probably still is. Although Quake 2's weapons don't look like markers, I'm pretty sure we could use them on paint grenade launchers or something because it's not like there's real life markers to base them off of or anything, is there?

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
I swear I played that map before but I don't remember much of it. The last time I played that map I noticed very slight (practically subtle) similarities to 2fort because Team Fortress 2 is the only Team Fortress game I've played. Team Fortress 2's 2fort has major changes in it.

In order to add a Team Fortress mode to Paintball 2, all we'd need is the addition of models and some sort of a health system, not a new engine. Since I've thought about this for a while, I'm pretty sure a Team Fortress mode could be backwards compatible with old maps. Recycling models from Quake 2 might be cool reference to what Paintball 2 originally was and probably still is. Although Quake 2's weapons don't look like markers, I'm pretty sure we could use them on paint grenade launchers or something because it's not like there's real life markers to base them off of or anything, is there?
What would be cool is a mode called paintball cheaters where you can soak up a few paintballs before you are eliminated.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
wtf eclissi isn't bad, it's a great map for pubs, and green park is a great 1v1 2v2 map.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »
A few things:

1) You have way too much surface area in this map.  I assume you couldn't light it because of the MAX_PATCHES error.  You can reduce this by scaling textures up, but you really don't need things to be as large as they are right now.
2) The sky isn't flush with the edge of the world, so you have a lot of surface area exposed on the back of the map that should never bee seen.  The paint puddle is also not to or below the ground in the pit, so the surface is drawn twice (looks weird, and is slow).
3) You have water at multiple different heights visible.  This is really slow, as a reflection must be rendered for each water level.
4) There seems to be little regard for gameplay.  I don't see any real strategy or anything that could be used here.  Everybody just has to rush across the open bridges.

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
A few things:

1) You have way too much surface area in this map.  I assume you couldn't light it because of the MAX_PATCHES error.  You can reduce this by scaling textures up, but you really don't need things to be as large as they are right now.
2) The sky isn't flush with the edge of the world, so you have a lot of surface area exposed on the back of the map that should never bee seen.  The paint puddle is also not to or below the ground in the pit, so the surface is drawn twice (looks weird, and is slow).
3) You have water at multiple different heights visible.  This is really slow, as a reflection must be rendered for each water level.
4) There seems to be little regard for gameplay.  I don't see any real strategy or anything that could be used here.  Everybody just has to rush across the open bridges.
yeah this map is pretty bad lol but its a good laugh

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2013, 02:19:31 PM »
Here's what you should do: keep the flying unicorns, and remake the map so that the r_speeds are reasonable.