Author Topic: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.  (Read 33549 times)

cap0ne

• VM-68
Re: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2013, 04:53:26 AM »
Well those are not rediculous,nor they are bad. Criticizing the ideas of someone is bad
Younger people are more imp. as they would keep the game alive. One day or other all the old players would stop playing.
its been like 6/7 years and im still playing this game lol, its about not how the game improves, its about if we get new skilled players and if they register forum accounts and discuss with us etc, will be more competive.

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »
Nothing Has changed in this game since build 35(when I started playing) Well it was great for me and amazing game but now I am getting bored. Now I have changed my view to Minecraft as it keeps on having new updates and it gets more and more interesting with each update. Some of the top features have ruled the top list in dp2 but never got implemented. I hv waited so long now that I am very inactive these days.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »
lol you've been playing for less than a year. i've played since build 18 19?, we know how to get people to play. more than you deadfroggy or anyone that has only played since build 30 or so. Don't come on here and say that the newer players know whats best and know how to get people to play lmao, if it was up to you every server would be italy and shock 24/7 with 3 second revive.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2013, 04:46:59 AM »
lol you've been playing for less than a year. i've played since build 18 19?, we know how to get people to play. more than you deadfroggy or anyone that has only played since build 30 or so. Don't come on here and say that the newer players know whats best and know how to get people to play lmao, if it was up to you every server would be italy and shock 24/7 with 3 second revive.

I'd agree. But I think what the other newer players are saying is, just because something worked 7 years ago, doesn't mean it would work now. Things move on, culture changes. Basically, don't ignore newer players and don't ignore older players.

'Old school' isn't that best. I can make that claim for sure. I played a few maps against older players that look sooo bad. I got told it was 'old school'. I can just imagine a new player joining and saying 'this doesn't look like paintball'.

Of course, what do I know, only been playing since last October, BUT, think it this way, I know what I was looking for when joining this game, I can REMEMBER what my first impressions of it were as well as my friends from other games and why they didn't want to play it.

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2013, 05:03:29 AM »
I asked my class to play dp2 as it is a good game,they played and just said they are not getting the game. Because pros killed them a lot. This is a good feature and would make almost all players very comfortable with the game. I'l wait until this gets implemented. And I guarantee this feature would get the game lots of players... and the craze of leveling up for higher rank and servers may make them to search on websites about tutorials on tricks.So we also need a great wiki for dp2 along with this feature

EDIT:Sorry for my last post I think that is because my game is not running and just expressed my rage xD

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »
pros kill them alot? LOL that's the worst excuse i've ever seen. this is why i hate some of the newer players, they quit because they can't catch up and have no desire to get better to be on the same level.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2013, 12:56:51 PM »
why would they? when its a quake engine. They can buy better graphic games for 2$

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »
pros kill them alot? LOL that's the worst excuse i've ever seen. this is why i hate some of the newer players, they quit because they can't catch up and have no desire to get better to be on the same level.
I agree with Fox, why would they? This game just has way too much stuff to learn, especially in terms of maps. If I were a new player, I'd just go "Nah, not worth the time." and disconnect then download COD. If they did make it to the match scene though, every match would consist of random maps, people like Sequal raging/crying/whatever that kid does, trolling, camping (In a insta kill game I think it's stupid that you are allowed to camp) and people just leaving when they're losing. Eh.

++Award/Level System
++Limiting Official Maps
++Reconstructing Official Maps
--Chemical

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
troll

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2013, 04:48:30 AM »
dunno why people are complaining about the graphics of the game... better graphic does not mean its automatically more fun to play.
and yes it is a one shot kill game, but its harder to kill someone in dp2 than in COD because of the bulletdrop and the physics imo.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
I's not complaining, it's the truth.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »
- better gun models. (i just think they're outdated)
- better textures. ( which you've worked a lot on, i think the original textures should be deleted and that HR4 pack should just be the main texture pack.) 
- set maplist. ( so the newer players play a set maplist over and over and will catch on to the gameplay and learn 10X faster) 
- in-game friends list. ( add, delete, private message. things like that would help tons.)
- maybe a in-game talking feature? so people with mics/headsets can communicate

graphics aren't that bad tbh, might depends on the texture pack you have, that's why i suggested these

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »
When you can count the flat sides on the models while in game... you know its not a high graphic content game.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2013, 01:53:57 AM »
how can we record it? Localstats? But my localstats are diff. because some of my names are deleted and my newest is warvolt. I wish some other ways to record

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2013, 12:18:44 AM »
i Remember showing my friend this game and hes straight out getting spawn camped. Then he goes intercourse this im playing cod or final fantasy or something. now i suggest chemical does something for the game since hes been around since "build 18 19?" and fix all the spawns. Message to Chef Killer and Terrorist Make sure people dont publish maps with straight spawns to prevent spawn killing.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2013, 03:26:17 AM »
or or or or or, get rid of speed servers and make 20 sec respawn the lowest u can do. i prefer 60 but you new people can't handle being dead for 1 min. you can't cry and complain about spawn camping when all you do is play speed servers, lol. i go into speed servers to spawn kill, it's hella fun. i just hope it gets you guys sick of speed servers and we can go back 5 years to where pubbing was actually fun and took more skill. now its just oh i died 3 seconds late you're alive, how can you improve?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2013, 07:50:18 AM »
Most newbies who go on speed servers don't care to improve. They just want to kill, kill, kill as many people as possible.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »
Most newbies who go on speed servers don't care to improve. They just want to kill, kill, kill as many people as possible.
+1. They always do camping, spawnkilling and even just walk around and stare at you. They even walk against the walls. They try what you do, spamming and  not even get better. BUT I think spawnkilling gather too much points lol

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2013, 11:34:47 PM »
Spawnkilling SUX. It's what makes newbies still newbies. That's why we should have less/no speed servers.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2013, 11:51:50 PM »
just make 20sec revive the least you can do.