Author Topic: To the Crack Server owner/s  (Read 14624 times)

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
Re: To the Crack Server owner/s
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 06:51:04 AM »
I'm not sure what you can do about it other than to call them up and complain.
I'll try that, thanks.

Remove aldi_s. People don't like it.
On the speed server, add discovery, freedom, ub_rooftop, and nhb. nhb is an ancient map but it is really good and deserves a comeback.
Done.

cRacK' The Speed - Remove pp1 (the "easy" version) and replace it with the regular propaint1.
I like the idea of adding more rotation though :)
Had nothing to do with "pp1" vs "propaint1" but with a .ent file. Fixed it.

can you add propaint1 to crack the pub?
Done.

I agree, I'd like to see discovery and freedom on crack the speed :)
added them.

Protection doesn't work as a speed map.
Removed.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 06:55:16 AM »
Great! Nice response times, this is why your servers are so popular :)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 06:59:07 AM »
Just a request, could you try putting either overhang_b10 or jungle_b1 on the server for like 2 days? :) I'd like to see how they play and if people like them. (Both my maps)

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 07:13:21 AM »
Just a request, could you try putting either overhang_b10 or jungle_b1 on the server for like 2 days? :) I'd like to see how they play and if people like them. (Both my maps)
I give them a try.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 07:14:57 AM »

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »
Thanks!
I thought you were done with both those maps. There isn't really that much to jungle, but overhang is really good. You should make a final release if gameplay is good and no bugs are found.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »
Had nothing to do with "pp1" vs "propaint1" but with a .ent file. Fixed it.
I never meant it like that. I just thought because there was an easy version of "propaint1" in your server. Thanks for fixing though. :)

nya

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 05:00:25 AM »
i have to check that richard, but i dont think i get that message.

my internet is fine, and i have normal ping and no lags on otb,  village 24/7, europa, artic, and others...so i dont really know why the problems are only on crack server's

nya

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
i dont get that message richard.

and i guess i will stop playing on crack servers, cause atm they suck...i bet they are only for germans and not euro people. intercourse crack server's

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
crack the pgp laged like hell yesterday but my ping was 25 on it and i was not the only one who lagged. everyone wrote LAGG or BIG LAGS in the chat everytime it lagged for me too..

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 01:34:31 AM »
I think the server is having stability issues.... Or they are running it on old computers :P

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 04:06:01 AM »
Why is the Crack speed server under password? It´s my favourite playing server :)

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:58 AM »
There was the idea to shut down all speed servers to make the public ones more popular again. That's why nearly all speed servers are down.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 05:21:54 AM »
There was the idea to shut down all speed servers to make the public ones more popular again. That's why nearly all speed servers are down.
I Agree. Force shutdown em all! Btw, crack is fine for a 200 pinger for euro server like me. I mostly get 100 to american servers.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:06 AM »
That would be nice, but there's still BillBrasky's servers you gotta shutdown too ;)

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »
I think the server is having stability issues.... Or they are running it on old computers :P
top - 09:56:52 up 25 days, 20:04,  1 user,  load average: 0.12, 0.16, 0.10
Tasks:  36 total,   3 running,  33 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  6.8%us, 11.0%sy,  0.0%ni, 79.5%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  2.7%st
Mem:   1048576k total,   190980k used,   857596k free,        0k buffers
Swap:   524288k total,      104k used,   524184k free,    73476k cached

Either I'm blind or there's nothing that's limiting at all ;).
I'm trying to fix the lag problem, but I just can not trace it down. Jitspoe told me that it's probably just packet loss and probably the hosters fault, but we are also running a Teamspeak server on the same server and it just never lags noticeably. No packet loss, my ping is constantly at 17. And for sure I can't blame the hoster when there is a server application running flawlessly without noticeable connection problems. My next try would be to just completely delete and redownload pb2 - but everytime im online there are always some people playing and I don't want to interrupt them...

i dont get that message richard.
I didn't say that YOU get the message, that is a part of the serverlog / servers console output. The GetSpace overflow error may be involved into the lag problem. I just posted it here so maybe someone can give me an answer of what is wrong or can be done about it.

I Agree. Force shutdown em all! Btw, crack is fine for a 200 pinger for euro server like me. I mostly get 100 to american servers.
It's not forced, I (and probably T3RR0R15T also) did that because I was / we were asked politely ;).

BillBrasky

• PGP
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »
Either I'm blind or there's nothing that's limiting at all ;).
I'm trying to fix the lag problem, but I just can not trace it down.

Your other processes may be slowing your Paintball 2 servers. Check your "nice" settings (I install and use "htop" for this.) Set the values to -20 (minus 20) to give the PB2 servers highest CPU priority.

That would be nice, but there's still BillBrasky's servers you gotta shutdown too ;)

Just checked on ServerBrowser - half of the open (non-match) servers have a respawn time of 10 seconds or less. There are a lot of speed servers out there.

I also run the Public USA/Public Europa servers with 20-second spawn times, which I feel is a good compromise and enjoy playing. However, they are not used much.

Like it or not, you gotta give the people what they want.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
The other good thing I've noticed happening is that siege is gaining popularity. This means that paintballers are opening up to new things. Also, siege is one death and YER OUT!!! If people don't mind that, they won't have much trouble adjusting to longer elim times I imagine.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »
Siege USA was really popular a few months ago, but people don't seem to go on it as much. I mean, they still do, but not as often.
But Siege Europa's open, and I see over 10 people (usually) on that server.
So yeah, Siege has had popularity before, but then kinda lost it, but is gaining it again.

BillBrasky

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 04:50:24 PM »
Siege USA was really popular a few months ago, but people don't seem to go on it as much. I mean, they still do, but not as often.
But Siege Europa's open, and I see over 10 people (usually) on that server.

PB2 is a Euro game. I bet 70% of public server players are in Europe.

Internet access from the U.S. to Europe has gotten worse. Pings to Germany often are over 150. It's tough to play in Europe now because the popular sites are laggy 24-to-32-player mega servers.

I set up 16-player Speed Europa and Public Europa in England hoping to attract both U.S. and Euro players. Both are little used, and I plan to close them.

I've moved my U. S. servers from New York towards the center of the country to attract more West Coast players. We are having some great games late at night now on Speed USA. All are welcome!