Author Topic: Build 40  (Read 28692 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Build 40
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:04:53 PM »
What's this?  A new build 2 days after the last one?  Build 39 had stability issues for dedicated servers, so I had to release a new build.  I also put in a few other fixes/tweaks as well:

- Bugfix: Fixed crash with dedicated servers. 10/7/2013
- Bugfix: Fixed integer overflow in sound code, caused by playing on a server that had been running the same map for days. 11:13 PM 10/7/2013
- Bugfix: Fixed "Can't load pics/***r_notexture***" message. 10/7/2013
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where world would stop rendering after a vid_restart on some systems. 10:05 PM 10/8/2013
- Cvar: "m_rawinput" - If set to 1, this will use raw mouse input (to make sure any windows filtering, acceleration, etc. don't get applied and you have the most precise mouse movement in-game). 11:12 PM 10/7/2013
- Tweak: Changed default mouse sensitivity to 5. 11:37 PM 10/7/2013
- Tweak: Fixed fps counter alignment at 1000fps.
- Tweak: Changed cl_drawping display to display "ping" instead of "Png"

Click here for the Build 39 thread if you're curious what else changed since the last official release

Pretest version (hopefully no crashes this time):

Windows:

Full: http://digitalpaint.org/files/temp/paintball2_build040_full_pretest1a.exe
Update: http://digitalpaint.org/files/temp/paintball2_build040_update_pretest1a.exe

Linux:

Full: http://digitalpaint.org/files/temp/paintball2_build040_linux_full_pretest1.tar.gz
Update: http://digitalpaint.org/files/temp/paintball2_build040_linux_patch_pretest1.tar.gz

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Build 40
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »

-Not sure what com_sprintf, but I don't think it is usually in console.
-Also, the error for mapshots. (Not the pbcup one).

Not sure if these are meant to be there or not :P

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »
I found a namebug I think. Look at Fester's Name: It Should be colored In orange and black. But the name turned out to be like an unfinished name.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
And yeah, Rick's Scrnshot also happened to me. I lost some mapshots, too.
EDIT: And, also something happened to me.
I entered Boots Server Earlier ago (based on screenshot) I have 180 ping. The game is lagging but it didn't crash soon. It is like "cutting" my actions.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 11:13:45 PM »
Rick: Any idea what you was going on when that Com_sprintf happened?  That message prints out when a string is too long to fit in a buffer.

FusSioN: Wordwrapping + colored text has always been a problem in the console.  I don't think that's new to build 40.  Some day I plan to make a big pass on the console, split up game and chat message, and make it friendly for colored text...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 11:18:38 PM »
Rick: Any idea what you was going on when that Com_sprintf happened?  That message prints out when a string is too long to fit in a buffer.

Just launched Paintball and went into the console.

Edit: Happens every time I launch it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »
Just launched Paintball and went into the console.

Edit: Happens every time I launch it.
Must be something in your config.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 12:18:08 AM »

Alright, it appears to be open_war's menu. (After deleting open_war's loading code from config, everything is good.)

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:41:08 AM »

I have the same problem.

EDIT:
Alright, it appears to be open_war's menu. (After deleting open_war's loading code from config, everything is good.)
this.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 07:58:15 AM »
seems like open_war should update his menus for b40.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 08:17:06 AM »
seems like open_war should update his menus for b40.

had the problem with other build too

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
hmmm lot guys complain about my menus...
So i tell you something!

I wont update openmenu anymore!

Im creating simpler menus atm and doing them with b39/40 from the beginning... So just use the default menus if you got the newer builds...

Im going to make the system of the menus better... Try to make the config smaller that the config doesnt get overflowed! I had several times crashes or offline laggyness without reason just because i tested some variables...

I can tell you that you should clean up your config! Its not the smallest setup so i try to work in future more with basic variables...

Ive done a Openmod before... But didnt release it because its just too big for me to finish! (Openmod looks <exactly> like the menu from ColinMcraeRally2.0)

So im doing new menus with a simpler system that is working in the background... The search function will be simpler and some other stuff like the names, serverfavs and so on!

Everything can be made a lot simpler!

So just clean up your config or dont use the openmenu at all! I dont like it too so just delete everything that doesnt seem to be default XD

SaWiX

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
So i tell you something!

Im creating simpler menus atm and doing them with b39/40 from the beginning... So just use the default menus if you got the newer builds...

Im going to make the system of the menus better... Try to make the config smaller that the config doesnt get overflowed! I had several times crashes or offline laggyness without reason just because i tested some variables...

I can tell you that you should clean up your config! Its not the smallest setup so i try to work in future more with basic variables...

Ive done a Openmod before... But didnt release it because its just too big for me to finish! (Openmod looks <exactly> like the menu from ColinMcraeRally2.0)

So im doing new menus with a simpler system that is working in the background... The search function will be simpler and some other stuff like the names, serverfavs and so on!

So just clean up your config or dont use the openmenu at all! I dont like it too so just delete everything that doesnt seem to be default XD

SaWiX

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »
Yeah, make new menu openwar. With black and red buttoms, other background (black), n' scoreboard other Some new system's. :P 

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 12:04:10 PM »
So i tell you something!

That's great idea to show your support to thing you made and  many people use it: You have it? Well, screw you, wipe out everything and don't use it! Definitely I'm not going to support your next menus as you just show that endusers doesn't matter to you.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
So i tell you something!

I just love your menu, but well, you said it, don't use it

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: Build 40/OpenMenu/Mod
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
I didnt meant that on that way!
Just dont think so!

You can use it with all functions! Everything works still fine!

The only thing is that i dont want those HUGE menus again!

Its just too big and too laggy!

Im not updating openmenu to build 40 because its just useless to implement more and again more functions!
I want a simple menu that runs on every computer perfectly!
laggfree background... acceptable menusize and less graphics...

@not_payl_obviously:
I dont want you to leave openmenu but im doing actually new menus and you can see that like an update for the menus...
You just use the menus until you got problems...
And why not support my next menus? the next one will be easier to support!

I just want you to know why i didnt say anything about coming updates because i was very busy with other stuff doing without your knowledge...

I just show you what ive done in the last months!
I wont support those menus shown there below because it was definitely waaayyyy too much work to make those and to update those is much more difficult!

As you know... Menuscripting is a lot work and to make all graphics and other scripts!

SaWiX

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »
Then you'll done it? I can't wait. And make buttoms on the center, "|" don't use it. Give me link of "OpenMod2" I'll edit it myself and support for you.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
What i just wanted to say...

Im not sleeping and im not relaxing and doing nothing for my menus!

I try new things and as you can see... I spent a lot of time on the OpenMod  (the pictures above) and i just realized after that, that its way too much work for me so i decided to create easier, more compatible menus that can be used by everyone!

I really want you supporters because you know a lot of things that i need at developing my menus!

I just didnt want you to know something that isnt done...
I dont want that you know about something that would be done in few months!

I just want you to support me when im ready to get support!

I just please you!
Support me soon and help me to create the best thing out of my ideas!

@SawiX
The new new menu (it will be called OpenMod2) isnt done yet but in a week or so...
I can release to you the openmod1 but its unfinished because its too much work to get for that a stable full release...
Installation is just too much complicated!
I hope that you can understand me!

And forgive me!

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »
And tell you to make your sentences end not just with the exclamation mark!