Author Topic: .vT. prozajik daily stream  (Read 11423 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
.vT. prozajik daily stream
« on: January 16, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
Finally i announce, that i there will be stream daily (if we actually get match ^^).
I will be streaming mostly paintball matches, also some LoL and other games with my friends (not rly point of this tho, just saying).
Guess i will try stream with microphone and commentate a little if we dont use voice recon (as we usually dont).

http://www.twitch.tv/prozajikgaming
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:40:55 PM by prozajik »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: -rOOt- daily stream
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 12:36:23 PM »
The fps is really good :)

Great to see a livestream series!

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »
Finally is someone streaming Digital Paintball 2 (BIG + for you), but we played against you today and you was lagging as hell. You said: "I'm not lagging, it's fine for me", but you was... every freaking second when you was streaming, big disadvantage.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 06:03:15 AM »
Seemed fine when playing us to be fair

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 07:11:08 AM »
I can show my demo of spectacing prozajik, if he want ^^

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 07:44:27 AM »
I'm not doubting what you said, I am just stating that he didn't lag vs us, or I didn't notice anything anyway

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:48:54 AM »
Nice to see someone streaming dp2.  I would stream when I pub if my internet could handle it =p.

I watched for a few minutes yesterday.  To be honest the quality wasn't that great.  It was decent, maybe I am just spoiled with all the 1080/720p streams that are out these days.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 07:54:45 AM »
Nice to see someone streaming dp2.  I would stream when I pub if my internet could handle it =p.

I watched for a few minutes yesterday.  To be honest the quality wasn't that great.  It was decent, maybe I am just spoiled with all the 1080/720p streams that are out these days.

Paintball2 is a very hard game to stream. There are so many motion artifacts, that it makes the video look blurry, even in 1080p.

I think there should be a new feature (infact, I may post it now) of a new way of spectating, more 'advanced' camera controls, to make it easier to commentate tournaments. In a game like LoL, it's easy to watch a match.

Thinking of advanced camera controls, how cool would it be to have like 4 SPLIT screened parts of 1 window? Spectating 2 players from each team automatically... that would make tournament livestreams SO much better to watch.

I may have a way of doing this, a glitchy and laggy way, for the livestream viewer only, would be very awkward and it would crash a lot.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:59 AM »
Paintball2 is a very hard game to stream. There are so many motion artifacts, that it makes the video look blurry, even in 1080p.

Eh I don't think that is an excuse to be honest.  If you are streaming at 1080p and the video is blurry either your hardware or internet connection isn't good enough.  I'd suggest that prozajik lower his resolution while streaming.  Maybe my standards are just too high....  I just don't see a point in having a low quality stream.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »
Eh I don't think that is an excuse to be honest.  If you are streaming at 1080p and the video is blurry either your hardware or internet connection isn't good enough.  I'd suggest that prozajik lower his resolution while streaming.  Maybe my standards are just too high....  I just don't see a point in having a low quality stream.

Well, I for one, enjoy watching a stream like this, even if the quality is low.

Put it this way, not everyone can afford the 'right' hardware due to certain reasons. I think 720p stream with a decent fps is fine, as long as there isn't too much blurriness, I am fine with it.

I recon it's all personal preference and experience. Better pb2 streams, than no pb2 streams.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 10:52:03 PM »
Maybe try posting a link in reddit.com/r/gaming next time you're matching. :)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 05:39:39 AM »
The problem is, it really seems like i port and i have no idea what to do about it. My internet has 5 Mb upload and i was able to get video bitrate on 1000 and still get decent quality (well i had to lower it to 480p). My net should be able to stream even 1080p(mhm maybe not, but 720p for sure), the problem is, my provider is biatch and everytime there is high bandwidth for a longer time, some algorithm starts to limit my speed, even tho i am paying more, so the speed isnt affected by others downloading (i guess private link, isnt correct word).

Also, i am not really experienced with streaming, what i was able to find out so far, is that 1600 bit rate is nice quality and i dont lag. Anything over that and i get spike lags. I am streaming 720p, but the bitrate isnt enough, 720p = 2000 bitrate, 1080p = 3000 bitrate.
I tried streaming 480p, but again, i was porting. I have no idea what to do about it. I can stream league of legends without single problem and it looks HD. Paintball is too demanding honestly ^^. I am leaving like 4 Mb of upload for the game and its still porting, i honestly think its only PB, because, what the hell, how can game lag with 4 Mb for it -.-

Finally is someone streaming Digital Paintball 2 (BIG + for you), but we played against you today and you was lagging as hell. You said: "I'm not lagging, it's fine for me", but you was... every freaking second when you was streaming, big disadvantage.
Sorry for that, but i just couldnt stand the way you played air, so i was like fck it, ima leave stream on during that map, even tho i port. I shut it for the next map tho.

Put it this way, not everyone can afford the 'right' hardware due to certain reasons. I think 720p stream with a decent fps is fine, as long as there isn't too much blurriness, I am fine with it.
My biggest setback is my internet, pretty sure my pc could handle even 1080p, but my internet certainly could not.

Its the internet, i could get pretty high quality 480p, but again! I AM PORTING! :( Even tho, its only 1200 bitrate so still like 3800 Mb left for the game....

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
I am leaving like 4 Mb of upload for the game and its still porting, i honestly think its only PB, because, what the hell, how can game lag with 4 Mb for it -.-
I think it might be related to paintball using UDP packets, which are rarely used nowadays.
One thing is that it can be server that lags (Most DP servers lag nowadays), but netgraph should help detecting what is issue. Spike lags can mean that something uses full conection for a bit, packet loss or just packets not streaming for a bit.
If you pay pretty much for 5 Mb symmetric connection, I think it's weird that your ISP limit you on longer amount of time.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 09:12:30 AM »
I think it might be related to paintball using UDP packets, which are rarely used nowadays.
One thing is that it can be server that lags (Most DP servers lag nowadays), but netgraph should help detecting what is issue. Spike lags can mean that something uses full conection for a bit, packet loss or just packets not streaming for a bit.
If you pay pretty much for 5 Mb symmetric connection, I think it's weird that your ISP limit you on longer amount of time.
Well, i dont lag at all, thats the problem. When i wanted to test it, i had to rent server and start paintball twice and chasecam myself to see if i lag or not. My ping is totally fine, not single packet drop/ping increase.

Unfortunately, this the best ISP around. I guess one of the reasons is that its provided over wifi. There is no other solution for me, because i am in a small village which doesnt have cable or anything else. Well actually they limit me only if i am downloading/uploading using my whole bandwidth (5 Mb) for longer time. I brought it up to them and they said its some sort of algorithm, which does it to prevent people downloading 24/7 using the top speed (i guess because of warez/torrents), but again, nowadays people watch 1080p streams daily so i dont really see reason to actually lower it, but what can i do, there is no other ISP i could have internet from.

EDIT:I found this website
http://www.ezs3.com/public/What_bitrate_should_I_use_when_encoding_my_video_How_do_I_optimize_my_video_for_the_web.cfm
which talks about bitrates and basically stream, really nicely explained there and i finally managed to get decent quality while not porting!
Well not really 720p, I had to lower it to 360p so quality is not the best, but at least i dont port and its watchable. I might try and figure out something better tomorrow. I found out that playing around with resolution really helps, also the algorithm to calculate bitrate needed helped aswell.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 03:36:30 AM »
So, i thought i would post here. Finally fixed everything and i think my stream has pretty decent quality, so i decided to stream as often as i play PB. The problem is, i cant really have a schedule due to univ, so i will post here everytime i stream.
I have been trying to commentate aswell, but its much more difficult than expected, so i suck at it ^^. Tho i am at least trying, so that counts, right? (pls!!)
Hopefully someone will be interested and i will try to improve my commentating aswell. Tho its not the problem i dont know what to say, its that i forget about it or playing while talking confuses me ^^.
If you have suggestion where else/other i should post that i stream, let me know. I hope you dont mind that i will spam this thread a little.

www.twitch.tv/prozajikgaming

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: .vT. prozajik daily stream
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »
Stream is up!

ATM commentating >o.O< vs [ u]
After moving on to match vs >o.O< with .vT. hopefully
EDIT:Got match vs after all

Stream is done for today, gn guys!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:59:58 PM by prozajik »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
Stream is up!

ATM match vs [ u] wtih squeeze
EDIT:Commentating some fun 3v3
EDIT: ATM match vs [ u] wtih squeeze

EDIT: Stream is over, thanks for watching!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 04:13:00 PM by prozajik »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
Stream is up!

ATM 1v1 vs unfair

EDIT:Stream done for now, had lag spikes, might stream more later in the evening.

EDIT:BACK UP 1v1 again
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:37:39 PM by prozajik »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 02:51:03 PM »
Stream is up!

::3v3 vs sPec

Mission

• 68 Carbine