Poll

Do you want to unban Streem ?

Yes
15 (45.5%)
No
18 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: May 11, 2014, 06:54:45 AM

Author Topic: Unban Streem.  (Read 6980 times)

Streem

• PGP
Unban Streem.
« on: May 01, 2014, 06:54:45 AM »
Let Streem play .. :)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Unban Streem.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:59:55 AM »
perma ban streem please

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:13:00 AM »
Any reasons for us to vote yes?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »
No.

You cheated and got banned. That's your fault, your problem. Just find another game to play or something.

aSla

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »
I voted #yes for ofi, luv ya :-*

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 08:45:42 AM »
No.

You cheated and got banned. That's your fault, your problem. Just find another game to play or something.

i bet you dont even know the reason of his ban, l0l
go ask the ingame communtity, do you think anyone cares because he used other textures?

claudius

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 08:47:07 AM »
Free streem!
No.

F|_|ck off
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:17:34 AM by claudius »

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 08:50:41 AM »
I guess he doesn't deserve some of these bans, but he is banned alright.

Just to clarify:

Streem was detected using cheats and/or unfair modifications.  I sent him a warning email to multiple email addresses he had registered/listed on his profile to give him a fair chance to correct this.  The emails did not bounce, implying the email addresses were not dead.  He was detected again later and he was banned.

It's not really that complicated, and it didn't seem like there was a reason to involve the committee.  I'm pretty sure he understands why he's banned.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 10:53:06 AM »
l0l you created your own thread. U.U I voted yes C:

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 05:19:11 AM »
i bet you dont even know the reason of his ban, l0l
go ask the ingame communtity, do you think anyone cares because he used other textures?

It doesn't matter if he knows why. He's banned he did something now allowed in game. If people care or not it doesn't matter.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 05:50:28 AM »
Only one person who I wanna to unban is juiicy.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »
It doesn't matter if he knows why. He's banned he did something now allowed in game. If people care or not it doesn't matter.

everyone is using different textures, and by everyone i dont mean mr.peach or you clipz

Streem

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 09:09:19 AM »
Its true..

claudius

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 11:15:33 AM »
Free streem!

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »
Free streem!

#freeskater  you mean

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »
Hey idiots, it doesn't matter what the community thinks of the ban.

In other games, people get banned for far less, and for far longer. Jitspoe gives people a lot of slack. So shut the intercourse up.

It's not Jitspoes fault you're banned, its yours. It is clearly stated what is a bannable offense, if you break those rules you're banned. It's simple. The community doesn't agree with these bannable offenses? Cool meddling story, find a new game. The rules are there, and they wont get changed. Get over it, if you don't like the rules get a new game.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
The community doesn't agree with these bannable offenses? Cool meddling story, find a new game.
This is what dumb people believe in.
Jitspoe can't say it's his game, because it's not. It's Quake2 mod, developed by various people, not just him. He wanted to prevent people from impersonating others and stop cheating so he made GLS. He used to be more open to ideas, but something changed him over years.
Not many people know that this community is this game. It's not jitspoes game, it's community game, because community is force that cares, plays and posts, despite saying it's dead.
Jitspoe is just a small part of community, that can't do excrement about what community is. If jitspoe won't obey community, he will get removed. How? I can remove all GLS references from server and client code, so we don't need to care about him. This is just a small part of what community can do. I can remove GLS ban code if people want bans to be removed. Don't like banning sunman textures? Screenshot antisystem can be done.
Point is, community need to agree more, then jitspoe can't deny this. Also, community need to believe they can change things.
Also, I'm not against jitspoe, but he has trouble listening to community and asking about changes. This needs to change. I think jitspoe himself saw a need to change, since I mentioned he isn't like he used to be. I hope he will continue to improve on this matter.

TLDR: This isn't jitspoe game, it's community game. Jitspoe should ask more.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Jitspoe can't say it's his game, because it's not. It's Quake2 mod, developed by various people, not just him. He wanted to prevent people from impersonating others and stop cheating so he made GLS. He used to be more open to ideas, but something changed him over years.
Not many people know that this community is this game. It's not jitspoes game, it's community game, because community is force that cares, plays and posts, despite saying it's dead.
Jitspoe is just a small part of community, that can't do excrement about what community is. If jitspoe won't obey community, he will get removed. How? I can remove all GLS references from server and client code, so we don't need to care about him. This is just a small part of what community can do. I can remove GLS ban code if people want bans to be removed. Don't like banning sunman textures? Screenshot antisystem can be done.
Point is, community need to agree more, then jitspoe can't deny this. Also, community need to believe they can change things.
Also, I'm not against jitspoe, but he has trouble listening to community and asking about changes. This needs to change. I think jitspoe himself saw a need to change, since I mentioned he isn't like he used to be. I hope he will continue to improve on this matter.

finally payl saying the right things

#hipayl#coolie#letsbefriends

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 02:55:55 PM »

+1
To be exact; this game belongs to cyberdog, who obviously doesn't care anymore. Calth and jitspoe had been forced to give the "ownership" to cyberdog. To me Calth and Jitspoe will remain the actual owner and makers of this game, and the others who helped them out.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »

#edgy

This is not a democracy, this is a dictatorship, jitspoe is dictator, because he wields the gamex86.dll source code. There is not enough of a development team to manage a 'democratic' community, and there are not enough community members with required skills to form a development team. I am sure some others still have old source trees, but the point remains that this is jitspoe's game, if not jitspoe's engine, by virtue of him being the only person with the up to date source code. Also, because he hosts this website and runs and moderates these forums. For free. You're not some anti-authority freedom fighter. Be quiet.