Author Topic: Karma (User Rating) Enabled on Forums  (Read 13671 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Karma (User Rating) Enabled on Forums
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 12:27:03 AM »
I split these posts and merged them with the karma thread, since they really have nothing to do with moderators.

No offense, Picasso, but I wouldn't consider "waste of forum space", and "useless" the kindest way to express those opinions.  Just for the sake of an example, if I said, "The graffiti paint servers are a useless waste of space on the serverlist", you probably wouldn't think too highly of that.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »
OMG whatever jitspoe...  You asked for our opinion and my response was NOT intended to be "UNKIND" It's a simple fact and no less "kind" than your claiming that avatars are bad.  I can't believe that you can't see the negativity that can stem from your little karma tool especially with all the problems you've had gaining control of this forum.   I can't believe that you can't see how it has clearly already been abused.

What the hell GOOD do you expect to come from something like a karma tool.

Furthermore, you once again forget the fact that the GRaFFiTi servers DO serve a purpose.  They support your freakin game.

I'm sorry you're offended but next time don't ask our phuckin opinion...

Now... there's your rant... I'm done with this poorly ran forum.

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 12:26:12 PM »
Some people are taking this way too seriously how bad could it be? And the game is not just Jitspoe's, its everyone that enjoys playing it, including myself, and hopefully you too. Jitspoe doesnt have to ask anyones permission or opinion for that matter. Its just two numbers next to your name why dont u ignore them? As new as I am to this forum, its obvious a majority of the users here dont mind it, and your making a personal issue because youve ticked some people off. Go ahead and -1 me everyone, all that matters is I know Im not abusing or flaming. PiCaSSo we all use GT and Im sure appreciate it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 02:05:33 PM »
Dude, I never said I didn't value (your) opinions, nor did I say I was offended.  I was just calling you out on your claim that everything you've posted has been kind and friendly in nature.  I simply used the graffiti servers as an example, using the same words you used in a previous post to make my point.  The graffiti paint servers are actually some of the better ones on the list now, as they aren't running ub_cliff 24/7 or jump maps that aren't even made for paintball.

I'm just trying to help you become aware that you often come across with the same kind of negativity as the people you frequently criticize.  I know you probably don't intend it, but it's still there, and it seems whenever I call you out on it, you completely flip out and quit.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »
this seems like a good idea. just kinda wondering how i got -2 when i have only made one post since comming back?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 04:17:52 PM »
this seems like a good idea. just kinda wondering how i got -2 when i have only made one post since comming back?

Because there are people on the forums that abuse the concept of the karma system.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 05:49:50 PM »
Two different people gave you karma.  It doesn't matter how many posts you've made.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »
i don't think people like me very much ;P

Spydie

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »
I don't think you should be able to tell who rated you, but it would be really nice to be able to see which posts you were rated on. You know, so that you can tell when people do or don't like how your acting.

Maybe even at the header of each post, a little counter of how many +s and -s that post has gotten.

I think that would be good, too! Kind of like pbreview, and the disputed  posts can have comments. But that's why we have a forum... You get the idea. Is there anyway you could do that, jitspoe?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 07:34:39 PM »
spydie i know you just -1'd me... don't lie

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
Err, comments on post? That's taking it a bit too far. It seems to me we'd get a lot of 'OMG WHY IS THIS -??' if comments on karma were encouraged.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »
Two different people gave you karma.  It doesn't matter how many posts you've made.
i know it was that but im just more wondering why they have it to me.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »
Well, I'm -8, so don't feel bad. :P

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 08:58:01 PM »
i know it was that but im just more wondering why they have it to me.
Exactly the reason for putting the Karma thing on posts!
I'd be willing to take a shot at it, if someone else doesn't have the time.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2007, 09:30:03 PM »
Aw, picasso.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »
If you can't rate them due to the delay, can the buttons be hidden? I keep getting confused. :P

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2007, 10:03:51 PM »
*Edit

"but it's still there, and it seems whenever I call you out on it"....Jitspoe? Call out? There are people who need this (cheaters, spoofers, greifers etc etc). He is not one of them, he is only trying to help in his own way. Someone said a time or two that a pm is the most effective means of communicating personal issues. I am actually surprised you felt that needed to be said in public. It only intensified your desired effect. LOL but look who is doing the logical thinking! NUff Said.

Can I watch you two kiss and make out up

Where is that Supermercado when you need him? Tee-Hee!

(on topic)
I would prefer a penis gage tool. For thickness, length, smell, longevity of erections and volume of sperm per orgasm. I would win.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:26:56 PM by loial21 »

Spydie

• VM-68
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »
Well, I'm -8, so don't feel bad. :P

-9 now. The problem with karma is, if people don't like you, they will give you a -. You may be posting very helpful posts and not flamming at all. Karma relates to the forum.. Does it not?

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2007, 04:12:30 PM »
I still think its pointless to argue about it, if you don't like it being on the forum, just ignore it.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »
this is fun :)