Author Topic: Karma (User Rating) Enabled on Forums  (Read 13679 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Karma (User Rating) Enabled on Forums
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »
Once you have more posts, you can click on the + or - under somebody's name to impact their karma.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 11:09:14 PM »
how many posts do you need?

Gremlin

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 11:12:10 PM »
ahhh ok...thats why it was making me confused. cool, not as slow as i thought i was, haha. so what happens when your karma gets really high or really low? do ya get a prize for behaving or beaten severely for being a peckerhead? ya know, like an incentive program. incentives are important, learned that in rehab. lol cap'n ron ftw.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 11:16:41 PM »
nightryder: At the moment, 50 posts are required, but please don't go spamming up the forums so you have enough posts to rate people.

Gremlin: No awards.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 05:58:02 AM »
why did i just go negative?
Your commrads have determined that your karma is more negative than positive. If you click on the [ + ] or [ - ] under the user's name, that's how you can change his or her karma levels.  But be warned, you can only change a specific members karma once every 700+ hours....

on edit: pwned by  bbs code again.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 03:48:20 PM »
People
Aaaaand...How do you increase/decrease someone's karma?oO
You need to be more established on the forums.  I put some post and time limits on to reduce potential abuse.  After you've been around for a while, you'll see "[ + ] [ - ]" under the ratings, which you can click on.
So that means that three people clicked on your [ - ] for whatever reason.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 04:25:07 PM »
And I just clicked on your [ + ] <3

***edit: Out of curiosity, does $+ work on the forums? [ $+ + $+ ]

***edit2: No.  :'( :-\

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 04:16:52 PM »
I think it's rather pointless in a forum with content matter such as this one. It's obvious its going to be abused, and frankly it has no purpose in the first place.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
Re: New Forum Moderators
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2007, 05:26:06 PM »
The karma meter is a waste of forum space and has already proven itself to be useless.  It's already been clearly abused as the people using it are supposed to click the - if a person's reply is of a negative nature and + if it is of a positive nature.  I had -10 before I got to my 6th reply after it was implemented so it's not hard to figure out the fact that some are clicking - simply because they don't like me.  It's also not hard to figure out who they are either. 

Most of my replies have been of a friendly nature and there haven't been any problems on the forum until today as far as abusive users are concerned.   

Hopefully those guys will be dealt with and jitspoe will remove it as it really serves no productive purpose.

Spydie

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »
Jitspoe: Is there any way to check who + or - you?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 10:58:12 PM »
I don't think you should be able to tell who rated you, but it would be really nice to be able to see which posts you were rated on. You know, so that you can tell when people do or don't like how your acting.

Maybe even at the header of each post, a little counter of how many +s and -s that post has gotten.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 11:12:39 PM »
but it would be really nice to be able to see which posts you were rated on.
Maybe even at the header of each post, a little counter of how many +s and -s that post has gotten.

That would be neat. But I agree on the anonymous rating. That could wreak havoc otherwise.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 03:10:51 PM »
The karma meter is a waste of forum space and has already proven itself to be useless.  It's already been clearly abused as the people using it are supposed to click the - if a person's reply is of a negative nature and + if it is of a positive nature.  I had -10 before I got to my 6th reply after it was implemented so it's not hard to figure out the fact that some are clicking - simply because they don't like me.  It's also not hard to figure out who they are either. 

Most of my replies have been of a friendly nature and there haven't been any problems on the forum until today as far as abusive users are concerned.   

Hopefully those guys will be dealt with and jitspoe will remove it as it really serves no productive purpose.
Rants like that,

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 06:59:48 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't store that informaiton.  It's a pretty simple system.  I would prefer a post-based system as well.

Anonymous votes help people be a little more honest.  I could see the types of people prone to getting negative karma harrasing other users for giving it to them.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't store that informaiton.  It's a pretty simple system.  I would prefer a post-based system as well.

Modification time! :D

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

The karma system isn't objective at all. It reflects the views of the community. It's a shame people don't like you/how you post, but get used to it. There aren't many people at all with more + than -. :P

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 09:23:17 PM »
Well you seem to have a very well balanced karma as of this post eiii.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »
Cool. I'm loved! :D

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »

Rants like that,

Great no matter what my opinion is or how kind I state it, you call it a rant??? Pfft -1

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 11:13:04 PM »
Rants like that,

;)