Author Topic: Official Feature Vote of 2007  (Read 230159 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Official Feature Vote of 2007
« Reply #860 on: September 07, 2007, 07:06:12 PM »
I truly hope not.  There's probably over a couple dozen people that frequent these forums that are fluent in PHP that could do this work for you if it meant enough.  I'd rather see you either spend your time doing things in the game binary or give some people access to the source so that they can.  This project needs a (dedicated/temporary) 2d and a 3d artist to take care of most of the top-voted features here, as well.
This project needs better organization before we get more people on board, and I think a better feature voting mechanism and wiki would help with that.  The wiki (hopefully) won't require any custom coding.  I just need to spend the time getting it all set up and configured.  The feature voting would probably be quicker for me to just write than collaborate and get somebody up to speed with the current dplogin code base so it's implemented properly.  But it doesn't necessarily have to be me who codes it.  It's just going to require time either way, and I'm focusing my time on what people vote for.  I think when we get to the high res textures, the wiki is going to be a must-have to keep track of which textures have already been completed, which ones have the highest priority to be done, and which ones need to be re-done due to licensing issues as well as keep track of all the source media used so they can be GPL'd.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #861 on: September 08, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »
But you're for the idea of getting more people involved and filling roles amongst a development team?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #862 on: September 08, 2007, 10:18:45 AM »
But you're for the idea of getting more people involved and filling roles amongst a development team?

this would be a good idea for the more dedicated and trustworthy. maybe a thread should be if not already started where people can list their abilities and ya'll could place them as needed. hopefully there will be numerous people that volunteer and actually put forth an effort.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #863 on: September 08, 2007, 11:10:10 AM »
i wish very much that i could volunteer, but unfortunately i don't think it would be wise of me to take on additional work, given that I already have plenty of homework and job-work to keep me busy.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #864 on: September 08, 2007, 11:14:53 AM »
this would be a good idea for the more dedicated and trustworthy. maybe a thread should be if not already started where people can list their abilities and ya'll could place them as needed. hopefully there will be numerous people that volunteer and actually put forth an effort.

i found a thread already started sorry... new talent under general development.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #865 on: September 08, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »
I vote for this idea:
For each new feature vote, a yes is a +1, a no is a -1. If the feature gets voted to -5, delete the featue vote.

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #866 on: September 11, 2007, 01:11:29 AM »
i vote for wall jumping (and an option for server admins to turn it off)  :P

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #867 on: September 11, 2007, 06:09:35 AM »
I vote for this idea:
For each new feature vote, a yes is a +1, a no is a -1. If the feature gets voted to -5, delete the featue vote.

Please retract,
I plan on voting negative on a lot of items I want to see but positive on other items I want to see FIRST.  The only way to allow for priorities would be to keep all items on the list. but eventually when we get to the point where there is nothing positive left, we obviously don't want anything else and thus stuff can be removed.

-y00tz

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #868 on: September 11, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »
Please retract
ok

My other vote regarding players' names: allow players to delete their own names, but only after the name has been used for a month or whatever.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #869 on: September 11, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »
Add me for leaning and hardware bans.  I also vote that there should be a block against racist names.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #870 on: September 11, 2007, 04:17:31 PM »
Wow, I remember a few years ago we all talked about having global stats, and Jitspoe was on board, saying he'd love to develop (what later became) the GLS first.  Now that the GLS is here, it's main function has been used to deter hacking, I would like to cast a vote in favor of a global stats system that is tied into our GLS accounts.

-y00tz

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #871 on: September 11, 2007, 04:20:47 PM »
Wow, I remember a few years ago we all talked about having global stats, and Jitspoe was on board, saying he'd love to develop (what later became) the GLS first.  Now that the GLS is here, it's main function has been used to deter hacking, I would like to cast a vote in favor of a global stats system that is tied into our GLS accounts.

-y00tz
I second that

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #872 on: September 11, 2007, 06:30:26 PM »
there's another garrett around here? cool, i must have a twin.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #873 on: September 11, 2007, 06:53:36 PM »

-y00tz
Add me too that also.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 06:04:48 AM by Apocalypse »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #874 on: September 11, 2007, 09:34:08 PM »
there's another garrett around here? cool, i must have a twin.
Lol thats funny.
Ok, there isn't much more that I can do with the current menu format. I wanted to get a map preview in there, but I can't. Heres what you can do.

Vote for that. Then I could come out with something along these lines (this is just a quick preview I threw together):
I also vote for that too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 07:24:09 PM by Garrett »

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2007, 07:47:11 PM »

-y00tz

add me too

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #876 on: September 12, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »

-y00tz

Add me as well.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #877 on: September 15, 2007, 03:28:57 PM »

-y00tz
put me up for that as well.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #878 on: September 17, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »
Variables in menu widgets (for map preview screenshots)

<3

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #879 on: September 19, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
Another vote i would like to add:
Removing or changing the out come of a Paint grenade. Instead of a suicide maybe have it remove 100 paint balls and if you have less then 100 have it force you down to 10 paint balls or something along those lines.