Author Topic: This has gone on long enough  (Read 10803 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: This has gone on long enough
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2007, 09:57:56 PM »
Paintball2 doesn't use punkbuster.  There's currently not a way to hardware ban people.  I'm working on it, but it isn't complete yet.  Throw it up on the 2007 feature vote thread.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »
If it is possible, that one should NOT need a vote... It should be the gospel against troublemakers of all types.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2007, 11:18:05 PM »
picasso, are you talking about hardware bans? i think thats what punkbuster does. it'd be a good idea. if someone wanted to play again, theyd have to buy a whole new part =P.
punkbuster doesnt hardware or ip ban they jus ban ur account therefore u have to restart ur charicter but its so easy to bypas  punkbuster jus type /pb_cl_disable to bypass punkbuster and /pb_cl_enable to turn it on there fore u can hack any game suported by punkbuster by putting the bypass code weird thing is that they have the bypass code on their site

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2007, 11:30:03 PM »
If it is possible, that one should NOT need a vote... It should be the gospel against troublemakers of all types.
It makes me feel better when I implement things that people vote for. ;D  I need to do further testing on the hardware identification, so maybe I'll have it in for build 19.

Kaos: You can't connect to servers that require punkbuster if you do that, though.

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »
ah, i thought punkbuster had hardware ID bans. guess i was wrong D=.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »

Kaos: You can't connect to servers that require punkbuster if you do that, though.
[/quote] yea u can all u have to do is go through the Pb (punk buster) folder sand it will be set to 1 for enable and 0 for disable so all u have do is change it but if Ur fast enough all u have to do is type the command disconnect from the server and when u come back in u press enter fast and it will enable it be4 the error screen pops up theres like a 1-2 second delay which gives u time to do it

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 07:55:37 AM »
If the login will settle most of this then why spend the time on hardware banning? Or is there a workaround that the login won't catch?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2007, 08:08:28 AM »
If the login will settle most of this then why spend the time on hardware banning? Or is there a workaround that the login won't catch?

I'm not sure how exactly jitspoe has it setup but if you were able to play with an unregistered name then that would be a problem. For instance I beleive jits said that noname and newbie can not be registered.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2007, 03:07:38 PM »
You can't play with a registered tag, though, which is the issue here.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2007, 03:42:12 AM »
cry? people used to use the [eR33t] tag in pub all the time.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2007, 04:28:04 AM »
mattz "recruited" a few noobies saying he was the leader. so yeah we are having some recovery problems as of now˛

He approached me in one game on speed server saying because I´m first on the ladder I should join starz, and if i wanna do that I should talk to superman... He logged off not long after that. And yeah, most of the time he´s on servers speed or pub 1,3.

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2007, 09:41:43 PM »
I just always thought he was another StarZ member.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2007, 09:46:11 PM »
I just always thought he was another StarZ member.

That's why we can't allow you to drop out of college ;P