Author Topic: outrageous  (Read 4605 times)

Anarchy

• Stingray
outrageous
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:00:52 PM »
so i just got finished with a match with a clan that will be unnamed. We will call them Clan Unnamed (CU).

so we go into a nice gt server expecting a good ol' match. first thing i hear from the clan, is that my mate (InlinE) is a ringer. So we argue about that for a while. Then comes everyone's favorite, the old remark 'noobed'. No, InlinE and I aren't the best players in this game, but why call us noobs? Is it supposed to be an insult. it was getting on my nerves but InlinE and I kept our cool for a while. But then they came up with comments like 'girl thingyed' and 'female doged'. I was not angry about the comments, but it was annoying. So I tell them to shut up and such since it was really starting to annoy me. Towards the end of the match, one member had to go. He leaves and says "Don't worry, they're noobs, you can win." So we keep playing and he starts saying drop 1. Though, after reading the match guide in the digital paint wiki, you aren't supposed to drop one. So we keep playing and he keeps complaining on and on. In the end we won and he leaves. Inline and I think, well let's leave and find another match.

All of the sudden, i get a PM on IRC saying we forfeit since we left. He started giving me some crap that he reconnected. So i start getting pretty annoyed and i say a few things. That's the end of it.

the point of all this is why are people this obnoxious and win hungry during clan matches? Yes, I like to win too, but to leave then say we forfeit since we left? Also, is all the name calling necessary? well, i just want to know some opinons. Isn't this game about having fun after all? D=

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
Re: outrageous
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:31:37 PM »
it will never stop. there will always be immature people in the game and its sad to say that alot of them are grown up and should know better. only thing i can say is ignore them because if there saying "i got noobed" just remember that you shot them and they're just tooignorant to admit that you have some skill. dont let them get to you. remember, its just a game, and its just a record and one win/loss wont affect your life, and one ass hole wont either.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »
What clan?

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »
clan unnamed, skater....

night, that's a good way to put it

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 06:05:01 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:18:39 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:31:42 PM »
it's not even the matter of winning and losing. people are just so obnoxious on dp (some atleast).

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 08:58:03 PM »
....not just dp, all over internet games. just that since dp is a smaller community, people bump heads with the same person more often allowing a hate relationship to blossom.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 02:09:59 AM »
Regular matches are useless. I wouldn't get all worked up over some newbie saying you forfeit a regular match. The only matches worth taking seriously are tournament/league matches.
it's not just the "some newbie" but its "anyone".

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 08:35:09 PM »
....not just dp, all over internet games. just that since dp is a smaller community, people bump heads with the same person more often allowing a hate relationship to blossom.

i dont understand why people have to be like that over a game. does it make them feel high and mighty?

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 08:46:39 PM »

i dont understand why people have to be like that over a game. does it make them feel high and mighty?

yup...sad isnt it

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 09:54:39 PM »
people in warrock are very funny, when you play this map called velruf you can crawl into a sand pile and not get shot (called glitching in the game) but whenever i hide behind it and snipe people, they call a vote kick on me for taking all the kills... the matches are the same, it's all very sad in that small community too

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 10:23:45 PM »
people in warrock are very funny, when you play this map called velruf you can crawl into a sand pile and not get shot (called glitching in the game) but whenever i hide behind it and snipe people, they call a vote kick on me for taking all the kills... the matches are the same, it's all very sad in that small community too
spook wats with me bringing u to warrock so u can post stuff about warrock on the dp community and yet there are so many hackers/glitchers in that game even with punkbuster they still cant get every one yet in dp every 1 tends to hack then stops after first ban does this tell me that jitspoe is more uptight on bans then punkbuster if so the all i got to say is wow

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 10:32:10 PM »
the games are soo much alike though, you notice that? fast paced, alot of immature people calling hacks, it just relates so much

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 10:35:37 PM »
still think they should stay in their own communitys like its tru that there such the same but still let them stay at there own sites

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »
warrock...i might start playing that again....

anyway back on topic. The DP community is small so its much easier to catch hackers. Plus punkbuster is probably one of the worst game protection systems out there. It isn't that hard to bypass it.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »
Just dont match with immature clans and if they keep acting like idiots leave.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 09:41:55 AM »
Just dont match with immature clans and if they keep acting like idiots leave.

Then they will say that you forfeit.

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 09:44:56 AM »
Stop matching nub clans that don't go by the Digital Paintball Honor/Respect system, don't waste your time on people who don't understand clans
and or clan matches...

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »
I think a sort of karma system for clans would work good now that I think of it..

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
I think a sort of karma system for clans would work good now that I think of it..

It would be a good idea except for it would probably get abused.