Poll

should all the gt match servers be set up like the classics?

yes
14 (70%)
no
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: gt match servers.  (Read 5206 times)

coLa

• Autococker
gt match servers.
« on: May 31, 2007, 03:58:59 PM »
i had talked to sharon about this awhile back but never got around to posting it up here. i think that all the match servers should be set up the same way. the reg match servers should be set up like the classics, because alot of people dont like playing with gun temp and no obs blackout. this is just my opinion and i just want to see how many people think they should be changed. yes i realize that i dont pay for those servers and even if people do want them changed i know its up to the server admins.

Olbaid

• Autococker
Re: gt match servers.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:18:05 PM »
No point in trying..

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »
it doesnt hurt to try. i think it would be better to change them anyway.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
As does a great majority of the people who actually match, but don't bother..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 05:55:15 PM »
I think the best solution is what was discussed earlier -- some kind of configuration page where the person reserving the server can set their preferences.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:02:36 PM »
I think the best solution is what was discussed earlier -- some kind of configuration page where the person reserving the server can set their preferences.
Agreed Jits becuase that way it can be good for everyone because people who want it one way can have it and people who want it another can have it.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 07:07:57 PM »

Agreed...

As they are, I have them set so those that DO like guntemp, flagcapendsround, and noobserverblackout ON have that choice and those who like the classic settings can use the servers with those settings.

I'll watch this thread to see if a majority agree with CoLA and if they do I'll run it by Snipen and make the necessary changes but I would much rather have something setup on the match server tool page along the lines of what jitspoe is talking about.

Anyone have any idea how to code something like that?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Baid I don't understand your negativity.  I've always attempted to make changes and improvements to the servers according to what the majority of the community wants and what fills our servers.  I'd say I must be doing something right because they have been the fullest servers for over 3 months now.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 07:22:49 PM »
deja vu. didn't olbaid make a thread exactly like this one, and didn't you all post exactly the same things in that as you all have done here O_o

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »
I recall the thread but I don't remember a vote and the thread didn't go anywhere after it was made.  We also concluded then as we are now that jitspoe's idea would be best but I have no idea how to code this and no one has stepped forward to help.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 07:45:34 PM »
Edit: Sorry if this seems off-topic
Is there any servers that have something server-side that users can log-on to a website and change server settings? 

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 08:12:59 PM »
You're right on topic y00tzy...  To my knowledge, this hasn't been done yet.  I am hopeing someone like Xbain can find the time to code this with maybe the 5 most common settings:

nobserverblackout
flagmustbeatbase
flagcapendsround
guntemp inc
guntemp dec

and maybe even some others...

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »
I think it would be a good thing to have them like the classics.  Majority of the people using them i think don't want to have to worry about well these servers don't have the right settings so we aren't going to match.  As for now I think it would be useful, until like Picasso said someone can code something for this problem, to have all the settings the same.  Thats just my input.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »
I think it would be a good thing to have them like the classics.  Majority of the people using them i think don't want to have to worry about well these servers don't have the right settings so we aren't going to match.  As for now I think it would be useful, until like Picasso said someone can code something for this problem, to have all the settings the same.  Thats just my input.
Just a point Gold but couldn't they just rent a matching server that has the settings they want for now not all settings being the same would help that way there is a variety to choose from.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 04:57:41 PM »
well how about changing one of the reg match servers into a classic? that way people can still pick. i know alot of people prefer to play on the classic servers which are hard to get because they are always in use. i dont i think this would help the matching community. atleast get rid of gun temp and maybe put on obs blackout.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 05:09:45 PM »
Yeah, atleast until that config page is set up

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 06:02:04 PM »
Patience my small paintball shootin friends.  Per Snipen's request, I'll be making adjustments to GRaFFiTi's server lineup to appease your heart's desires. 

I'll try to get everything done this weekend.

Am I to understand that you guys want classic server settings but wish to have noobserverblackout turned ON?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 06:10:50 PM »
Observer blackout should probably be enabled (as in, observers can't see players without a specinvite) on all match servers, classic or not, even though it's not really a "classic" setting.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 06:14:10 PM »
Observer blackout should probably be enabled (as in, observers can't see players without a specinvite) on all match servers, classic or not, even though it's not really a "classic" setting.

I agree with you once again...  I'll make sure that is what Snipen wishes and in the famous words of Captain Jean Luc Picard, I'll "Make it So."

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »
Patience my small paintball shootin friends.  Per Snipen's request, I'll be making adjustments to GRaFFiTi's server lineup to appease your heart's desires. 

I'll try to get everything done this weekend.

Am I to understand that you guys want classic server settings but wish to have noobserverblackout turned ON?

thanks picasso i really appreciate it. thanks to all gt admins.

yah true that.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »
Hey Picasso how long until you get that configs page up?