Author Topic: Loial's SpraynPray/Run-n-Gun Camp fest  (Read 23421 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Loial's SpraynPray/Run-n-Gun Camp fest
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2005, 03:05:23 PM »
Heh, whoops, I guess I did a copy instead of a cut.  Don't know how I missed that.

Anyway, loial, let me know specifically what map it is you want the most that I've said "no" to, and I will personally work on remaking it for you.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2005, 01:10:24 AM »
s8n you started this :) hugs,thanks
Well, the issue is twofold here. On one hand, you're paying for a portion of the server, so you should be able to run maps of your choosing. On the other hand, there are a bunch of crappy, thrown-together-in-a-few-minutes, 1-path/box, poor-gameplay, poorly-lit, unaligned maps out there that should really have never seen the light of day much less be put in rotation on a public server.

What we need to do is get rid of the old, poorly-made maps and create new, better ones that incorporate some of the enjoyable aspects of the old maps and remove the nuances, as well as provide better scaleability for various numbers of players, either through alternative paths or something like DSM. We've made a little progress in that respect.

We've made a little progress in that respect,
ok lets make progress.
I have asked to have maps reviewed and tested. Only to be laughed o rignore in effect, by Eiii and others includeing your self Jitspoe. Not very good form sirs. So excuse my ignorance regarding your end goals, I contributed and only ask to be treated with respect and to be heard regarding public play.Iits not like I have never played this game and posted in this forum and burned it for being a child like instagib hyperblaster q2 mod, like other players, coders, map makers etc...
 I care.

Now what?  With that said cant you at least say thanks for the help? 

You guys suck.

Jitspoe, I have time to test maps. WIth that said why not allow maps on my portion of the server like GT or e3rrt servers did?  This I dont get.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2005, 01:13:29 AM »
Heh, whoops, I guess I did a copy instead of a cut. Don't know how I missed that.

Anyway, loial, let me know specifically what map it is you want the most that I've said "no" to, and I will personally work on remaking it for you.
Really? Somehow your and eio actions dont promise action, but I will trust yet again, I care. Lets see.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2005, 06:35:36 PM »
I'm against taking any actions here.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2005, 06:42:16 PM »
Why? Pray Tell?. Oh and no one asked you. ;)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2005, 08:49:43 PM »
Really? Somehow your and eio actions dont promise action...

I never wanted to take any action, so that would explain the actions not promising actions. Crazy sentence.

Why? Because jits is doing fine as he is. It's HIS game, and he wouldn't like to have maps that are bad for the game on his servers.

But I can't speak for jits. He could offer an explanation, or at least say what he intends to do.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2005, 09:38:46 PM »
Ok. There you have it. I dont disagree. Im ok with what ever and willing to talk about helping out, but the newb bashing and cheating has to i phawkin stop, no matter what.  Does that make sense? Be civil first, then talk as much sheet as you want to its fun.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »
Newbs. Bad. They aren't newbs anymore when they've become not bad. You have a different definition of newb than me, apparantly.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2005, 02:01:18 AM »
Why mark others not worthy of others. Leets do this often with out thought, why?
EIII? Your perspective?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2005, 09:15:43 AM »
I... um, what?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2005, 03:41:37 AM »
I can not join my server via game spy on q2 build why?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2005, 05:29:27 AM »
I believe that there is a default minbuild cvar.

MosheD

• VM-68

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2005, 05:48:35 PM »
I can not join my server via game spy on q2 build why?
sv_minclientbuild is set to 14 in order to prevent basic cheats.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2005, 05:46:44 PM »
Its not used for matching but ok, I was hoping I could avoid talking the WOD community into downloading your game. We perfer to type connect ip in to console despite mod. I dont remember not being able to connect with q2 before?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2005, 06:26:32 PM »
They'd have to download the mod anyway, and it's easier to just double click on paintball2.exe than start up quake2 +set game pball.

You can "cvar_set sv_minclientbuild 0" if you want q2 players to connect, but then any old quake2 hack will work with it.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2005, 06:43:18 PM »
Umm, they have the q2mod pack which includes q2pb. All well have to do, to jump from one mod to the other is simply type in the ip:port (if needed) and then hti enterr. Am i missing something, other than an intellect  ???

Ok thanks, I dont think I will screw with it for right now, but if I do I will tell you.  As for right now the only server setting I have changed is the ff for grenades is off.  We still need to talk about some adding classic one path puke maps. I have seen a great deal of german and new players playing on the server, wow suprised, am I!!! I think your server would do better peronsally if you turned off the ff for grenades unless your playing. It only takes one smart ass player to start killing his whole team before people say f-it and leave  just a suggestion.  I will try to be one tonight, what is the best way for me  to pm/irc or xfire etc? ...pm your anwser

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2005, 12:26:36 PM »
Hmm, I thought I shut the ffire grens off.

Anyway, I'm home for Thanksgiving, so I'll have to get with you later.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2006, 07:04:26 PM »
Jitspoe or Anyone,

Last night while playign on my server, serveral people complained about severe server lag. This is not the only time that I have recieved complaints, most of the complaints have been from my older clan memebers so I have no reason to doubt what the are complaining about. It seems to be client side lag as I dont have any lag what so ever. Is there any thing the clients can do? Cap fps etc...... Is there a rcon settings that can help reduce lag? This has nothing to do with the maps or weapons being used.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2006, 10:23:03 PM »
Hmm, I'm not sure.  It could be a locational thing.  How bad were their pings?  For those that are lagging, you can type "netgraph 1" to see the network packets and see if there's any packet loss.  Packet loss is generally what causes the lag to be "severe."