Author Topic: html color codes....  (Read 4095 times)

capo

• VM-68
Re: html color codes....
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 06:50:31 PM »
I'm just being difficult >.>

It's nothing new.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 07:01:45 PM »
ok I finally got it working.
Im a tad slow sometimes. ;D
Thank you y00tz

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »
That's pretty old(fortran is essentially a dead, antique'd language now.. and has been for give or take 2 decades). All I'm saying is that calling HTML real programming is an insult to programmers >.> any idiot with a myspace can throw out some broken html..

Trying to talk like you know something? FORTRAN is not in anyway dead. The last revision was FORTRAN 2003, and another revision is coming out next year. To quote Wikipedia's article on Fortran: "Since Fortran has been in use for nearly fifty years, there is a vast body of Fortran in daily use throughout the scientific and engineering communities. It is the primary language for some of the most intensive supercomputing tasks, such as weather and climate modeling, computational fluid dynamics, computational chemistry, quantum chromodynamics, simulations of long-term solar system dynamics, high-fidelity evolution artificial satellite orbits, and simulation of automobile crash dynamics. Indeed, one finds that even today, half a century later, floating-point benchmarks to gauge the performance of new computer processors are still written in Fortran (e.g., CFP2000, the floating-point component of the SPEC CPU2000 benchmarks)." Also, check out this Slashadot post. Yes, it was in 2002, but that's not a  decade away.You can probably find other posts too. Lastly, don't forget to read the dates of the news entries on the Fortran standards working group's website.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »
Trying to talk like you know something? FORTRAN is not in anyway dead. The last revision was FORTRAN 2003, and another revision is coming out next year. To quote Wikipedia's article on Fortran: "Since Fortran has been in use for nearly fifty years, there is a vast body of Fortran in daily use throughout the scientific and engineering communities. It is the primary language for some of the most intensive supercomputing tasks, such as weather and climate modeling, computational fluid dynamics, computational chemistry, quantum chromodynamics, simulations of long-term solar system dynamics, high-fidelity evolution artificial satellite orbits, and simulation of automobile crash dynamics. Indeed, one finds that even today, half a century later, floating-point benchmarks to gauge the performance of new computer processors are still written in Fortran (e.g., CFP2000, the floating-point component of the SPEC CPU2000 benchmarks)." Also, check out this Slashadot post. Yes, it was in 2002, but that's not a  decade away.You can probably find other posts too. Lastly, don't forget to read the dates of the news entries on the Fortran standards working group's website.

I said essentially dead. The only place fortran is used now is in general science. It's not used in consumer or enterprise application writing anymore.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »
sk89q is a closet scientist, I think you offended him a little.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 07:53:45 PM »
Well. sorry for that. When I say something is dead I really mean dead to my particular field of programming.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 07:57:25 PM »
.....jooooooooookkke

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »
Man.. I guess me sense of humor just dissappeared today or something. I just can't pick up on your jokes :P

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 08:07:29 PM »
'Closet scientist' is kinda an odd thing to say.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 11:46:10 PM »
Well. sorry for that. When I say something is dead I really mean dead to my particular field of programming.

So if you see a dead dog, it is merely dead to your particular field of programming?  I in fact, am not only terribly offended by your gross misuse of the word, but also at your horrible actions against Closet Scientii.  You're dead* to me.

*I copy and pasted the word from you... don't think I took the time to write such a pathetic four letter word.

Good day!

edit: </kidding>
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 02:04:26 PM by y00tz »

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »
OK we are done here.