Poll

Is digital paint dying?

Already dead
Dying
same
growing
bigger than ever

Author Topic: Digitalp Paintball 2, dying or no?  (Read 20682 times)

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
Re: Digitalp Paintball 2, dying or no?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 08:29:06 AM »
I haven't played in like, 2 years. But it was almost dead then. Maybe 5 active clans at that time. chl1ll, krew, er33t, insane, ... ?

I've been told it was pretty much dead when I started playing, some 7 or 8 odd years ago. Then the release of Dp2 (whenever that was, 5-6 years ago maybe?) kind of re-energized it. How it's still kicking, I'll never know.

VM-68 FTW!

RazAN

• Stingray
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »
me i begin to play in october 2007 and before this date i don t know the situation of dp2 and i think is not the best game but he got fun with dp 2 and i think is same :)

Eh!? can we say situation in english? crap :P

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »
The clan scene is never going to thrive with the attitude of the clans at the top. For clans to thrive you have to encourage new clans to grow and succeed not just tell them how much they suck, how they should leave, etc.

For me I finally took their advice and left the toxic matching community and am enjoying other games.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:22:52 PM by m7feettall »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »
The clan scene is never going to thrive with the attitude of the clans at the top. For clans to thrive you have to encourage new clans to grow and succeed not just tell them how much they suck, how they should leave, etc.

For me I finally took their advice and left the toxic matching community and am enjoying other games.

Where you be? lol 
It was pretty much the same for me. I just got tired of the instability of so many people. It's hard to get better in a team fashion when so many people jump from one team to the "next big thing." I really like the game and it is fun but I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate to becoming a great player. When I was in InT I learned so much about team play it was great. We spent a lot of time learning during matches while being constantly degraded by the opposing team for letting a mistake happen. Look at where some of the players are now though. It was hard. WsL was dismantled because I got so tired of people joining then spending the time to work a strategy, just to watch them run off to a new team that lasted a weekend. So now I silently pub under aliases when I have time (continue to be called a noob) or just play my xbox360 without all the drama.

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »
FTW DPB2 WILL NEVER DIE MUAHAHAH

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »
the release of COD4 and other FPSes that most people ONLY care about ---> The death of all other FPSes, including paintball2.

However, there are still many people that enjoy playing both. It's things like strafe jumping, general n00biness (like camping, lining, etc.) that drives new players away.
oh, that and the graphics look rubbish compared to other games.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 08:56:49 PM »
Pirate, if you have such a problem with some aspect of the game, learn to program or map and make the change.  Whining about campers gets you no where.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »
I personally dont have a problem with paintball as I've got used to it. I'm not even suggesting that the things I said above should be changed. I'm just giving the facts - 2 of the 3 friends I showed pball2 dont play because either a) the graphics are too bad or b) they dont like playing because they keep getting killed becase they cant jump or people are lining or whatever.
I dont really even care about camping or lining because i am now experienced enough to spot it and kill most campers/liners. It's not really an issue for me anymore, but it was when I started. Most people dont have the patience or time to try and get OK at pball2. Games like COD only rely on strategy and aim. To play paintball on 9/10 servers you need to be able to bunnyhop, double jump, or some other thing to play at an OK standard

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »
CoD costs money, paintball doesnt. and thats a big factor. paintball is one of the best freeware fps ive ever played - i ahvent played that many, but people that have feel this way too. this game has a lot of potential, and its already doing quite well so growth will come - slowly, but steadily. And the graphics arent THAT bad. plus this community doest ahve tons of money to spend on development, just hard workin' folks who wanna see the best out of this project.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 03:01:38 PM »
CoD costs money, paintball doesnt. and thats a big factor. paintball is one of the best freeware fps ive ever played - i ahvent played that many, but people that have feel this way too. this game has a lot of potential, and its already doing quite well so growth will come - slowly, but steadily. And the graphics arent THAT bad. plus this community doest ahve tons of money to spend on development, just hard workin' folks who wanna see the best out of this project.
I 100% agree with you. The graphics arn't too bad, and it's free. But the simple fact is that people are paying £50 to play a game! Personally I just wait a few months and never pay more than £30. The point is that less and less people care that it's free, and about all of it's other selling points.
But... it is growing steadily...

</mixed views>

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2008, 03:54:43 AM »
And the graphics arent THAT bad.

<3 hr4

Rule_

• PGP
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »
nice =)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »
well, what can I say? niiiiice...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2008, 11:36:49 PM »

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
mmh not sure

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 10:30:27 AM »
Of course hr4 textures are nicer, but for example on pp1 with basics hr4 textures I hate a wwal texture, it´s so depresive.I like just normal wwal texture in hr4 resolution. Pbcup_renoir is best looking map ever, maybe just pbcup_pforest can beat it, my opinion.

e4g1e

• PGP
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2008, 11:35:26 PM »
jitspoe maybe take a little brightness off the grass :]

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2011, 07:27:40 PM »
revote :P

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »
It's dead unless it gets revamped... Once a week a scrim request will go out for something more than a 2v2.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »
It's dead unless it gets revamped... Once a week a scrim request will go out for something more than a 2v2.

Eh... I do agree with the first part, but not the second. Although not many matches do happen anymore, when they do they seem to be bigger then usual.... just against the same few teams.

I've played in my first 6v6 all-clan match in the last week, it ended up going to 7v7 but the other team had a ringer. The matches I do play seem to be 4v4 or more, and I notice ThC and a few other teams managing to 3v3+. I don't see many 2v2's and stuff anymore, which lowered a lot of scrim requests. But yeah, dp is pretty dead as of late.