Poll

Should there be a grace period on modified maps?

No grace period - cheaters are cheaters.
37 (67.3%)
Grace period of 'x' length.
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Hacking and Moving On  (Read 24895 times)

SmPeR

• Stingray
Re: Hacking and Moving On
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 08:53:47 PM »
Ban Hammer INC!

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:01 PM »
NO GRACE PERIOD!

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 08:58:53 PM »
No Skeet, I don't agree.
I think all hackers should be banned period.
I'm even more extreme than that....I think they should all be perm-banned.

If the community will die without cheaters then it will die honestly and nobly!

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
I don't really think that is the point Skeet.

I believe what he is trying to say is --> If we are going to give cheaters free 2nd chances and if cheaters are vital to the survival of this game...let the game die.

Bix, you are not to decide that hacking is morally wrong. People hack for different reasons. you have even admitted hacking in your own private server. how is that different from hacking against somebody in a match.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
So tell me s8nson you didn't quit because of the new generation of hackers. no you quit because of the hacking from like the old Ij and the old uR right?

Old uR? Nobody was even considered for hacking in our clan when we first started, you know around the time you begged me to let you and biker in. People dont say we hack now. Only you and your buddys. Matterfact, s8n wasn't even playing much when we started uR. Get your facts straight.

K back on subject. I agree with bix and s8n No grace period for hackers. How can banning hackers hurt this game anymore then what it has already done. Clan scene might lose a few people but clans wont die. I know uR wont.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 09:00:02 PM »
No Skeet, I don't agree.
I think all hackers should be banned period.
I'm even more extreme than that....I think they should all be perm-banned.

If the community will die without cheaters then it will die honestly and nobly!

clearly you have no love left for this game.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2009, 09:01:21 PM »
bix is free to do what ever he wants on HIS server on HIS network. If he took it to the interwebs then he would be banned like the rest of them.

HUGE difference.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »
clearly you have no love left for this game.

DOUBLE POST!!!!

SKEET, when you have been around since essentially DAY 1 like S8NSSON and myself, THEN you can make a post like that.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:32 PM »
Old uR? Nobody was even considered for hacking in our clan when we first started, you know around the time you begged me to let you and biker in. People dont say we hack now. Only you and your buddys. Matterfact, s8n wasn't even playing much when we started uR. Get your facts straight.

K back on subject. I agree with bix and s8n No grace period for hackers. How can banning hackers hurt this game anymore then what it has already done. Clan scene might lose a few people but clans wont die. I know uR wont.

I love that you are in this thread atmays. I know that you want to protect your friends but your going at it in the wrong way. you should be thanking cuso for the grace period. it probably saved your whole team. i would never want to join your team. it is discraceful when your whole team is kicked from er33t servers for one of your members being offensive to a server admin. isn't it a shame that the grace period didn't happen a little earlier. maybe homing wouldn't be banned right now. :/

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »
DOUBLE POST!!!!

SKEET, when you have been around since essentially DAY 1 like S8NSSON and myself, THEN you can make a post like that.
:] knack i have put a lot of time into this game. I believe that i am entitled to my opinion. do you disagree?

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »
I love that you are in this thread atmays. I know that you want to protect your friends but your going at it in the wrong way. you should be thanking cuso for the grace period. it probably saved your whole team. i would never want to join your team. it is discraceful when your whole team is kicked from er33t servers for one of your members being offensive to a server admin. isn't it a shame that the grace period didn't happen a little earlier. maybe homing wouldn't be banned right now. :/

He should be banned, He hacked. He got what he deserves, I disagree with the time but yeah.

Im still against a grace period. If my whole clan get banned for hacking so be it, they shouldn't have hacked. Im guessing you taking shots at my clan so I can agree with you, vote for a grace period. Like I said I want to see the list and stop putting uR in your post as an example, if you think we hack or whoever hack please start a thread supporting your claims.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
Bix, you are not to decide that hacking is morally wrong. People hack for different reasons. you have even admitted hacking in your own private server. how is that different from hacking against somebody in a match.

I've downloaded ZGH and have installed the CS hack multiple times to view demos. I can do what i want when i am not connected. Hacking in a match is a whole different beast.

Correct me if my intent failed, but the whole reason for this thread was to persuade dp to not have a grace period. As far as my knowledge is there is no grace period nor has jitspoe even talked about releasing the list. My post is nearly all off assumptions. All I know is some people want a grace period, which I think is wrong.

I also believe I have found a good fact --> If allowing hackers a get-out-of-jail free pass is vital to the survival of the game, let it die.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 09:16:34 PM »
You have your right to post your opinion, but stating what you did about S8NSSON : you dont have a clue.

ON a side note: flame anyone else again and you'll also get a vacation.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »
Here's where hacking and cheating take you:

EDIT: useless
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:04:03 AM by S8NSSON »

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
Atmays, i have no problems with you and i personally believe that you don't hack, and i know that you would never rat out your friends and that you have to stand up for them. The primary reason for the grace period is not to save or give hackers a break, but to attempt at keeping this game alive. I am sorry that you don't support somebody trying to clean up this game.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2009, 09:21:41 PM »
Atmays, i have no problems with you and i personally believe that you don't hack, and i know that you would never rat out your friends and that you have to stand up for them. The primary reason for the grace period is not to save or give hackers a break, but to attempt at keeping this game alive. I am sorry that you don't support somebody trying to clean up this game.

The whole thing is skeet. Are cheaters vital to this games survivability?

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2009, 09:27:43 PM »
intercourse a grace period. People that hack should be punished. It's ruining the game for the people who play clean and practice to become better. There's no excuse for using hacks on the internet.

Yes, I hacked once. It was done on purpose. I got caught, and got banned. Why should other people be let off the hook for doing something I did and got banned for?

For those of you who actually thought/voted that a grace period would help bring this game back, are so naive. I'm willing to bet 8 out of 10 of those votes were made by the people that are/were hacking and are afraid of getting banned.

Pathetic.

Show the list. They don't deserve to go free.

Punish the violaters. Set the example with all of them.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2009, 09:32:31 PM »
I'd say 90% of the people who hack come back to the game hack-free.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2009, 09:40:46 PM »
I think you completely misunderstood my post.  I'll quote the whole thing here.

Thanks for coming clean, at least.  The "grace period" is 32 days.  It seems like you're asking me to go easy on people because they didn't think they'd get caught.  The whole, "I think everybody is cheating, so I'm going to cheat, too!" mentality people seem to have now is what's making things go down hill.  Yes, there are cheaters.  Some may even manage to get away with it.  No, it's not 80% of the community.  People need to learn from their own mistakes.  There were probably hundreds of other bans before yours.  They've had plenty of mistakes to learn from.

Notice the quotes, and the fact that 32 days is typically the (first offense) ban time for cheating.  In other words, the grace is that, when caught, they only get banned for 32 days.  Sorry for not being more straightforward.  I thought everybody would have caught that.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:48 PM »
With that there is nothing left to discuss.  Hackers will be banned :P

I wonder just how many people Jitspoe has caught over the last few months, since I know for a fact I wasn't the first or last to use modified maps.

-Cusoman