Poll

Should there be a grace period on modified maps?

No grace period - cheaters are cheaters.
37 (67.3%)
Grace period of 'x' length.
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Hacking and Moving On  (Read 24827 times)

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
Re: Hacking and Moving On
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »
Here is what you do ban each and everyone of the players that have this excrement do not let them go free that is stupid defeating whole purpose of catching hackers i mean come on none of the other how many other people that hacked got a way scotch free.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2009, 09:47:34 PM »
Ban/Burn each one of the motherfu-ckers

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2009, 09:57:42 PM »
The more I match the more hacking I see and it's come to a point where whats the point of matching when your against hackers? I enjoy owning some noobs clans and I enjoy playing against players that are better then me, to help me overall get better and watch them and play against them. But what's the point when you look up to certain people and try to get better then find out that they hack? I personally want to quit dp because for me its getting pointless to match against hackers. For all the players that have been around for 4+ years, some people look up to you. And if they hear about you hacking, what do you think that will do? I find it hard to keep playing this game when I find out all the people hacking. Heck, even some friends of mine hack. And I've had to turn them in privately. This game is getting to the point where I don't see the point. When I see people that I learned strategy in this game from get caught hacking, it kind of makes me think that maybe this game is just about who can find the best hack or whatever. So for me I would say that the matching scene is going downhill. :[

-Casp3r

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2009, 10:03:27 PM »
Notice the quotes, and the fact that 32 days is typically the (first offense) ban time for cheating.  In other words, the grace is that, when caught, they only get banned for 32 days.  Sorry for not being more straightforward.  I thought everybody would have caught that.

lol oh. I completely thought you meant there would be a 32 day grace period which didn't seem to flow with the rest of your paragraph.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
i rather see the clan seen go to hell then too cheaters.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2009, 12:03:58 AM »
I love that you are in this thread atmays. I know that you want to protect your friends but your going at it in the wrong way. you should be thanking cuso for the grace period. it probably saved your whole team. i would never want to join your team. it is discraceful when your whole team is kicked from er33t servers for one of your members being offensive to a server admin. isn't it a shame that the grace period didn't happen a little earlier. maybe homing wouldn't be banned right now. :/
skeet being banned from er33t servers disgraceful? welcome to dp u must not know er33t very well if you thing that they ban fairly. their bans have no foundation and also i dont ever remember uR being banned form those servers.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2009, 12:09:57 AM »
Well it's pretty dumb to have a vote on this grace period.

Firstly, people have been saying over half the dp community hacks. So if Jitspoe actually went along with this topic, hackers would get a grace period.

Secondly, really...why should these hackers get a grace period and all the people using zgh and excrement don't get it. It's just not fair.

Thirdly, hackers always should be punished. If they get away with it the first time, do you really think they are going to stop.

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is why start letting hackers get grace periods now? When so many people have had to wait their ban out.
Also I'm not voting. (:

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »
Since when do we give anything to cheaters except a BAN.

I think all those that voted that it would OK to give some grace period either know people that may need this grace period or want the grace period for themselves.

Pathetic cheaters...what a waste of the air we breath.

NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
chant with me everyone....
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
+1
ban skeet he is getting annoying.
also the grace period option is a joke it wont clean it up it will make it worse.
also if a hacker comes forth that was undetected and comes clean. he should go unpunished if he provides  the hack he used. that might help.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2009, 12:23:13 AM »
I haven't matched in quite some time, is hacking really a big problem now, or are people just starting to accuse for fun? Seems as though the whole "this clan hacks" is the main focus of half the people who have posted in this thread, and cusoman's.

If you say someone is cheating, back it up with proof.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »
ban skeet he is getting annoying.
Yikes.

In any case, if this game gets to the point where it loses a significant portion of it's players because they hack then a total community purge might be the best thing. That would almost certainly result in the death of the game, but hey, it might come back after a couple years. Giving jits a few years off might be a good thing. :3

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2009, 01:05:41 AM »
Atmays, i have no problems with you and i personally believe that you don't hack, and i know that you would never rat out your friends and that you have to stand up for them. The primary reason for the grace period is not to save or give hackers a break, but to attempt at keeping this game alive.

If half of the community are hacking then the sooner that half are cut off the better.  No community is going to attract commitment when cheating becomes wholesale.

Commitment to the game takes effort. But players of low character who cheat to get ahead short-circuit that effort. How committed are they then to a game which they excelled at by exploits rather than effort?

And players of high character don't want to put the effort into a game that is artificially slanted against them due to cheaters.

I am sorry that you don't support somebody trying to clean up this game.

How does it clean up the game to turn a blind eye to hacking?

Now if your concern is that too large of a portion of the community is  already hacking, and to clean up the place would destroy it--then what is really left to save?

Sometimes the cancer is inoperable. If all that is left is cheaters then we are at that point.

I doubt that the numbers are currently that high. But there is only one way to see. Cut out the cancer, and see if the body lives. Otherwise the cancer will just keep growing.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2009, 01:15:28 AM »
The whole, "I think everybody is cheating, so I'm going to cheat, too!" mentality people seem to have now is what's making things go down hill.

If such an attitude is on the rise then what role do the current ban durations play in that?

Since you clarified the grace period wording and we now know you will not be turning a blind eye to hacking we can put that to rest.

But now let's talk (again) about the small bans here. I get that you want to extend grace to new players. But  hacking is not limited to them. We have hacking in the clan scene.

The question  is whether the system of small bans is working. Is cheating on a community level being dissuaded?

Are cheaters becoming more frequent? Are they becoming more bold?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2009, 01:34:38 AM »
If such an attitude is on the rise then what role do the current ban durations play in that?

Since you clarified the grace period wording and we now know you will not be turning a blind eye to hacking we can put that to rest.

But now let's talk (again) about the small bans here. I get that you want to extend grace to new players. But  hacking is not limited to them. We have hacking in the clan scene.

The question  is whether the system of small bans is working. Is cheating on a community level being dissuaded?

Are cheaters becoming more frequent? Are they becoming more bold?

I want a new first offence ban time :).  Higher as well.  And if nobody answered it already for you Bix, we are discussing about about a new committee as well.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2009, 03:35:06 AM »
 Scrolled to S8N's post, havent read any of the other posts (except a sentence or 2 from bix's).

NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERSNO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2009, 08:34:11 AM »
Well it's pretty dumb to have a vote on this grace period.

Firstly, people have been saying over half the dp community hacks. So if Jitspoe actually went along with this topic, hackers would get a grace period.

Secondly, really...why should these hackers get a grace period and all the people using zgh and excrement don't get it. It's just not fair.

Thirdly, hackers always should be punished. If they get away with it the first time, do you really think they are going to stop.

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is why start letting hackers get grace periods now? When so many people have had to wait their ban out.
Also I'm not voting. (:

Not only did your post contradict itself, but I doubt you actually read any of this thread by reading your post. If you took your time to read Cuso's thread along with the whole first 1.5 pages of this you would realize there are a lot of people in this community (maybe hackers? We'll wait to see the list) who wanted the grace period. It was also 10-4 in favor of grace period when i started this thread.

This whole point of this thread is anti grace period, so if jitspoe went with this thread he would NOT have a grace period.

Just take a few minutes to understand SOME context before you make a post like that Rick.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
Automatic 16 day ban for those who hover over the "Grace period of 'x' length." button and consider supporting cheaters. But that's just my opinion.....

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2009, 09:20:57 AM »
I voted against the grace period. We all agree to the EULA when we install the game. There in big letters, it says "DO NOT CHEAT". First offense bans, of 32 days, is a privilege that Jits has allowed. It gives a cheater time to think and maybe come back and play fairly. Other games ban for good.

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
Hit them with the ban stick what i say :)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2009, 03:11:10 PM »
Not only did your post contradict itself, but I doubt you actually read any of this thread by reading your post. If you took your time to read Cuso's thread along with the whole first 1.5 pages of this you would realize there are a lot of people in this community (maybe hackers? We'll wait to see the list) who wanted the grace period. It was also 10-4 in favor of grace period when i started this thread.

This whole point of this thread is anti grace period, so if jitspoe went with this thread he would NOT have a grace period.

Just take a few minutes to understand SOME context before you make a post like that Rick.

What ever you say. Maybe I'll hit you up on irc to ask for a 1v1 english battle.
*Rick hopes Jitspoe got his pm last night.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »
It really is sad so many people are hacking now. That being said, I couldn't tell for my life who is or is not hacking so the cumulative total of clan hackers could be less than 10. Still, it's rather upsetting its happening at all. I say no grace period, if someone hacks it should come down hard on em.