Author Topic: Shockwave's BAN  (Read 17654 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Shockwave's BAN
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 12:20:20 AM »
Actually I was trying to make a point there.  I do use logic.  The committee uses logic.  A discussion was brought up about this a long time ago and reviewed again recently.  We all agree that scrimming/matching is something that banned players should NOT do on a private server, and there MAY be consequences.  They are banned for a reason.  Period. 

For now, any clans that get a scrim and you end up seeing a banned playing on that server, leave.  Do not play.  Simple as that.  They are banned for a reason.  They can come back and play you after their ban has been served.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »
yes if it a private server it is up to the clan to decide if they want to play with him or not. not the committee's. if there is no one else to play with i would understand why they would play with him.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 12:28:25 AM »
This game does have rule enforcement you know?  If a rule is made, it must be followed.  For example hacking.  You are not allowed to hack.  If you hack, you get banned.  You do realize that if everyone played on private servers the GBL would be useless?  Theres a reason for it, and you playing matches/scrims on private servers if defeating its purpose.  So, the best we can currently do is either encourage other clans not to play on the server, or reset ban times.

eugenics

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 12:30:53 AM »
for who cameron? meaning, who will get in trouble?

shock has asked twice for a match with 3iob which
was turned down twice. isn't this issue closed?

its pretty simple to comprehend, play acebots or
a different game till a ban is up.

uncomon sense is now the norm.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »
yes that is the best we can do. it is not supported by global login and does not show up on server browser and is password protected it is hard enough to get people in the few that understand and want to let them.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »
for who cameron? meaning, who will get in trouble?

shock has asked twice for a match with 3iob which
was turned down twice. isn't this issue closed?

its pretty simple to comprehend, play acebots or
a different game till a ban is up.

uncomon sense is now the norm.
Obviously the person banned would get in trouble.

Good, its getting turned down.  I'm glad about that.  Some will always accept though...

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 12:43:15 AM »
yes that is the best we can do. it is not supported by global login and does not show up on server browser and is password protected it is hard enough to get people in the few that understand and want to let them.
Yes its not supported by global login and doesn't show up, thats because its private.  But the issue is people continuing to play on private servers while banned because they can't play with their friends on public servers.

I will explain the meaning of a ban.  A ban is put in place so one cannot return.  You get banned from returning to a bar.  You cant return.  Theres no such thing as the 'invisible' bar which you can then go to.  You are forbidden to enter again.  Here, you are banned for a specific time limit.  You have done something wrong, like say your parents send you to your bedroom when you were young for 5 minutes to think about what you have done.  That time there because you have done something wrong and that time being served is to repay what you have done.  Not to continue playing.

Now I wrote that and cbf'd re-reading it to see if it makes sense.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 12:45:42 AM »
so we need to create a Nazi rule list?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 12:52:49 AM »
I will explain the meaning of a ban.  A ban is put in place so one cannot return.  You get banned from returning to a bar.  You cant return.  Theres no such thing as the 'invisible' bar which you can then go to.  You are forbidden to enter again.
The private server is like drinking at home with friends.

Behind closed walls, or not online, it's allowed. I say let him play unless you can think of one good reason why he shouldn't. Power trip ftw.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 01:00:44 AM »
so we need to create a Nazi rule list?
No.  This thread wouldn't exist, none of these issues would exist, heck, this whole board (and the boards we have to deal with these issues) wouldn't exist if people just followed 2-3 simple rules.  Bans wouldn't be needed, and the game would actually progress and much of the time is spent dealing with these issues.  So pretty much, once someone is on that ban list, that person is letting the community down.  He/She is slowing the progression of the game down.  May not seem like much time, but all of the issues all add up to a excrementload of time.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 01:00:48 AM »
more stupidity. i did not yet have the time to setup paintball properly on Ubuntu. i have not played in a few weeks. and Cameron first time i am going to say this but that post makes you sound stupid. You Can't And Shouldn't. Jitspoe can but he uses some logic so he won't. if it is a private server no reasonable argument can be made without that person sounding stupid. and Rick are you committee? if not why are you posting here? that topic has been brought up trying to ban me and/or homie. it failed for reasons of logic.

I'm obviously not committee. If I was, I wouldn't be asking them a question genius.

Also, I was given an ip and password, I connected and I asked if he was still banned, they said no.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:12 AM »
well first its shockwave then its they. who is they?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 01:13:42 AM »
well first its shockwave then its they. who is they?

It was a 2v2, so he obviously had a partner. You work it out and get back to me.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2010, 02:46:01 AM »
well you are the one pmsing here i really don't give a excrement about who played on my private server.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 03:12:55 AM »
well you are the one pmsing here i really don't give a excrement about who played on my private server.

No-one ever said you did. >.>

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2010, 09:20:57 AM »
There is no use for private servers (for these type of players) except for allowing banned players to play etc. I think even private servers should connect through dplogin for checks, or else the server shouldn't run...   All these private servers are doing now is reverting to the time before dplogin, for hacking and evading and spoofing...    Why else would anyone want private servers? (and no, I'm not talking about personal friends just wanting to play together)

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »
i personally created it for my friends to play on with or without me. it also gives the banned player less desire to try and avoid his/her ban.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »
the banned player
This is quite contradictory...

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »
When me and SuMMit were banned, we played a few times at the start on private servers and were warned that if we continued our ban times would be reset. It was a legit offline server, also didn't Ricks ban get reset multiple times for the same thing? Or was that for something else?

I'm not going to comment on the rule, but I just figured if we were warned about it a year ago, then something would happen to people who do it by now. He's matched multiple times on it, he even makes videos about him on offline servers: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisJablonsky#p/u   

Actually I changed my mind, I'm going to comment on the rule: If you were actively matching/scrimming with your team/ringers against other teams, staying part of the community as if your still in it, then yeah i'd consider it evading in a way. But if you say... made a map and opened a private server to show some people and you fool around on that map or something along those lines, then no I wouldn't consider it a type of evasion. But where would you draw the line? There really aren't clear rules on the subject, but I guess the committee/jitspoe will decide. 

Leriq

• PGP
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2010, 12:50:20 PM »
I honestly don't know what is more sad. Shk having to play on private servers and begging people to play him while banned, or people caring that much if he plays on private servers.