Author Topic: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?  (Read 42823 times)

TurtlesRock

• PGP
Re: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 06:22:02 AM »
I am so late to this discussion. But since things seem to have gotten worse. What harm could adding my 2 cents do?

Why I left?
New commitments, new interests(related and unrelated to games)
Crap internet connection
Sort of forgot about it ^^;

What would make me come back?
Well I am back sort of, but...
The previous variety in maps.
As well as some of the maps that were around 5 to 6 years ago.(classic maps?)
Hmm, not really sure what else. Since I've currently started playing again

I agree with some of the suggestions here. For me, long spawn times are devastating to a game. Especially if I'm playing on a map I hate. :/ 30 sec should be the max. With 10-15 sec the minimum. As for matches, I'm fine with higher respawn times. Or 1 life per round. Just seems weird any other way. I would love spawn protection. I played a simple map earlier.(that I like a lot) And someone from the other team took it upon their selves to sit at our base and shoot continuously. I don't think speed servers killed DP. And I don't choose a server that way when I want to play.

And I have to agree, I don't really know SuperMAn, but I enjoyed playing on his server. It seemed to have a better variety compared to other servers when I played in my earlier years. And he seemed open to suggestions. So that's always nice.

Personally I don't agree with 10 map max per server. Most of the people in charge seem to like the same maps. Which means there isn't really a variety in the maps. I'm tired of seeing the same couple of maps. Personally I would like to see some of these beta maps finished. There's only like 3 or 4 servers that have people on it. So when it's a map I've gotten sick of playing. I go to empty servers to check out the beta maps.

I don't think learning a map is the problem. If anything maybe a offline tutorial version could made for more popular maps. A tutorial well never be the "be all, end all". I was in a map the other day.(probably a jump map) And someone was asking how to do something. When they were asked if they had done the tutorial they said no.

Also, I love Carpathian. I wasn't very good at it, and probably never will be. But I enjoyed playing it.
I think we need more innovative maps. Some that aren't some random cave. I actually like having the possibility to play on a variety of maps. So I don't bored and used to the same gameplay.

By the way, I enjoy playing PB2 as well as other people multiplayer games like COD. You can't really compare the two. For one thing COD has the power to have random objects you can and can't interact with. As well as the budget to keep implementing that feature.

Almost forgot. More or new sounds would be nice. I always found that funny when I first started playing. And I didn't really mind dying when I heard them. :)
I think that's it. Maybe I missed something. But I hope we can manage to bring more people to paintball. My posts are always so long. -_-
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:34:43 PM by TurtlesRock »

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2013, 06:47:53 AM »
Why haven't YOU played much recently?  What would make you play more?

- hard spikes that make it for me unable to play on public or match servers http://www.melloncollie.de/images/pb/sshot0017.jpg (couldn't fix it with reinstall, different graphic drivers, etc..)

- most of the guys I want to play with stopped years ago

- servers and forum are full of retards like luckmore, deadfroggy, unrated, etc.. (this forum needs a moderator that deletes like 90% of the new posts, because they have nothing to do with the topic) edit: best example are myers and deadfroggy in this topic.. why posts like this doesn't get deleted??

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2013, 07:12:56 AM »
servers are full of admins who are trying to be like dang aka chocosaur

#spain#mellondog#crying#worstclanhopperever#clipzilu

maybe MyeRs srsly doesnt want to play anymore cuz of froggy and maybe froggy doesnt want to play cuz of MyeRs, makes sense huh? once a guy, called gimbel, said sth wise : say never never!!!

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
in all honesty i dont play that much anymore because i got into 3d modelling, unity, music(guitar mostly) and songwriting.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:43:55 PM by deadfroggy »

EiMS

• PGP
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2013, 08:16:45 AM »
is it actually forbidden to play on a dp-server without the speed mode?

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2013, 08:27:06 AM »
is it actually forbidden to play on a dp-server without the speed mode?
yes, its lame but its ''SPEED HACKS'' lower or higher then normal, you get banned broski

EiMS

• PGP
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »
i didn't mean my speed. i meant the everybody's friend speed-server. and i wanted to say that thes are more than horrible to play some good rounds dp...

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2013, 06:06:48 AM »
You ruined your game with the opinion to make speedservers. I am sorry but thats the truth. Everything changed since THIS moment.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2013, 06:57:57 AM »
You ruined your game with the opinion to make speedservers. I am sorry but thats the truth. Everything changed since THIS moment.
It is true for an part, i never like speedservers for the fact being spawnkilled every 5 seconds i spawn, every server should be standard with 30-40 spawn seconds, speed servers are also annoying for people who just started to play paintball, they get spawnkilled the very first moment they join such an server and quit the game, thinking its something too boring

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »
please use proper english. says in the forums rules dont use text talk.

back to topic.
i hate speed servers but there like the only servers with people in them now. but i hate 30-40 respawns because some people are smartand are like kill grab the flag sit for 20secs and spawnkill. thats like one of the only downsides of spawn killing.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2013, 03:39:07 PM »
nihaò má haojiu bujian.
i aint chinese but i know how to say hello how are you long time no see in chinese. since your chinese maybe you should learn how to speak chinese. instead of text talk.
jitspoe please take action against this forum text talking spammer.

deadfroggy

• Autococker

TurtlesRock

• PGP
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2013, 03:21:47 AM »
For me, nothing is worse than waiting 30-40 secs for a chance to play. Only to be spawn killed by some noob that would rather spawn kill the other team instead of capturing the flag. I guess if I had to choose, I'd rather play on a speed server. The lower spawn time means I get more chances to play. Regardless of how many times I die. With a spawn time of 30 seconds to a minute, I'm better off playing my console games. But anything less than 10 seconds is far too short. I'm not much for making a strategy to capture the flag. But 10 seconds is more than enough time to decide not to go the same route again. :/ Not to mention, with longer spawn times. There is the likely possibility that the eliminated players are scouting the map and passing the info to their teammates. Nothing wrong with that. But sometimes the game can get boring quick if it seems like the other team already knows your moves before you make them.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2013, 05:10:10 AM »
hi msez <3 :D
I agree.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
For me, nothing is worse than waiting 30-40 secs for a chance to play. Only to be spawn killed by some noob that would rather spawn kill the other team instead of capturing the flag. I guess if I had to choose, I'd rather play on a speed server. The lower spawn time means I get more chances to play.

And when you respawn, rush to the other base and kill all spawners makes you good? I am sorry but that is bull****.
When I started to play, it was awesome to see a guy, who got 70+ Kills . You wanted to be like him and trained every ****ing minute. After some months you got such scoros. Other people and clans knew you and you talked to eachother. But if I join a speedserver these days, you know noone and noone is talking because you CANT even read anything in the chat. The only spamming is "player 1 killed player 2". It is IMPOSSIBLE to make a conversation with others and tell them for examble about mIRC or whatever.

hi msez <3 :D
I agree.

hey babe

TurtlesRock

• PGP
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »
And when you respawn, rush to the other base and kill all spawners makes you good? I am sorry but that is bull****.
When I started to play, it was awesome to see a guy, who got 70+ Kills . You wanted to be like him and trained every ****ing minute. After some months you got such scoros. Other people and clans knew you and you talked to eachother. But if I join a speedserver these days, you know noone and noone is talking because you CANT even read anything in the chat. The only spamming is "player 1 killed player 2". It is IMPOSSIBLE to make a conversation with others and tell them for examble about mIRC or whatever.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I don't spawn kill unless that person just happens to spawn when I get there. I play for caps not for kills. If your whole goal in the game is to get as many kills as you can. Then you are probably one of those players no one wants to play with. And with a high respawn time. You're probably one of the spawn killers I'm talking about. :/ 70+ is great, and a nice thing to strive for. But if your team still lost is it really worth it?

If you want to talk to someone then talk. You don't need to be super pro for someone to bother to respond to you. From my experience, not all of the better players are pain in the butts. They don't mind talking to you so long as you don't sound like a desperate cry baby. If you can't manage to talk in a speed server then maybe you type too slow. Or your talking more about speed servers with less than 5 second spawn times. From what I could tell now, and when I first started playing. If you're a decent player and you play often, like almost everyday, you will be noticed.

Personally I don't like mIRC. It seems more confusing then it needs to be. Mind you the last time I was on it was like 2009. But if your reason for why we should have 30+ respawn times is so you can talk to your buddies then maybe you should rethink that. It's frustrating to find out that one of your teammates are not playing to their full capacity because they're trying to advertise something in the chat. :/ Most people playing this game probably can't properly run mIRC and Paintball at the same time without problems. And since I recently changed some of my internet crap. It would be suicide for me to even attempt to use another program that requires the internet as well.

All I'm saying is that speed servers aren't the complete problem. Maybe in the next build some sort of spawn protection can be implemented. Because there's only so much  a mapper can do to deter spawn killers. As I write each of these posts, there is one specific map that keeps coming to mind. But I can't remember the name of it because I played it years ago. (didn't really like that map either)
Also, sorry for the long post. Seems I'm practically incapable of responding with short posts.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
who cares about winning on pub/speed server

#KILLS

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2013, 01:20:20 AM »
yea i get 100+ every game. i think i've broken records.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2013, 05:29:17 AM »
In all honesty as bad as this sounds, speed servers might be what keeps this pub scene going. I do admit it's a problem. It has drawn older players away from the game. When dp started to become more about jumping and less about moving up as a team getting mid a pushing base. Now you can just fly over half the teams head off ice and grab. What dp really needs is advertisement.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
1. no matches available like used to be...
2. speedservers just so boring and its too easy and what should u do there else than spawnkill ? sit in ur own meddling base and wait someone to get through ?
3. "oldschool" clans all gone, atleast almost
4. pgptrain in 3/4 servers 75% time i open dp2