Author Topic: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?  (Read 42822 times)

Rocky

• Autococker
Re: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:59 AM »
and turtlesrock what the intercourse are u talking about ?

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »
In all honesty as bad as this sounds, speed servers might be what keeps this pub scene going. I do admit it's a problem. It has drawn older players away from the game. When dp started to become more about jumping and less about moving up as a team getting mid a pushing base. Now you can just fly over half the teams head off ice and grab. What dp really needs is advertisement.

Thank you! Exactly what I've been saying.

Also, I've been playing, but not much because the match scene is completely dead. Sorry, but I don't want to rematch "cT" 20 times a day.

girlie

• PGP
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »
I'm new to the game. I don't like Speedsrvs tho they're full 24/7. I'll play Public but no one is there. If there is someone after 2-3 Minutes they leave and change to Speed because they have 5-6 seconds spawntime after death.

First moment I thought DP is a team-based-game but it isn't. Every1 in the team is jumping around and don't care about playing in a team. I'm talking as a newbie, no pro but if you asked a person to help you with a speed jump, double jump or circle jump they won't and leave srv. Too bad. :(

After some minutes at the Tutorial-Map I learned that this have nothing to do with the reality. Autocoker for example isn't available 1 or 2 times @ a map. After the tutorial i thought it's a good weapon but can't use it and have to take Spider SE.

that's an experience from a newbie ;)

What would make you play more?
Some of you know CS 1.6? Every round you have money and can buy weapons or other crazy stuff for your equipment. I think this were a great idea for DP2. With the opportunity to exclude this from the srv settings - for example @ matchingsrvs

Maybe this settings?
- Kill 1 Person: 10 $
- Kill 3 Persons in a row: 25 $
- Kill 6 Persons in a row: 50 $
- Kill 10 Persons in a row: 75 $
- Kill 25 Persons in a row: 100 $

- Grab Flag: 25 $
- Cap Flag: 25 $

Every Round which is started you can buy the Weapons:
- Autocoker 125 $
- Spider SE 100 $
- and the others, don't know all the names

And every1 has PGP at the beginning. What do you think about that?

So far, n8 @ all :)

Free Boobs ( . Y . ), take 1 or 2  ;)

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2013, 03:25:57 PM »
Hey, welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but I think your idea wouldn't be good. The good players would get just more money and buy the good guns every round, while the newbies have to kill with the PGP.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »
In CS 1.6 all the guns are made to be even.. kinda. People use them more as a personal preference not because one is better. Although i do like using carbine better than autococker...

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2013, 05:47:38 PM »
Thank you! Exactly what I've been saying.

Also, I've been playing, but not much because the match scene is completely dead. Sorry, but I don't want to rematch "cT" 20 times a day.

Great minds think alike.

With the match scene coming to a sudden halt, and the pubs becoming less attractive we need something to attract both the newer players and to keep the current players satisfied and WOW them.

I'd still like to also state this mod is going on 15 years this July, How many games from 1998 still get played today? Its amazing how long it has been going for, thanks to jitspoe. I just think this time dp needs something to grab us back in, possibly implied to the new build/builds.

CheMiCal

• Autococker

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »
1. no matches available like used to be...
2. speedservers just so boring and its too easy and what should u do there else than spawnkill ? sit in ur own meddling base and wait someone to get through ?
3. "oldschool" clans all gone, atleast almost
4. pgptrain in 3/4 servers 75% time i open dp2
I do agree with most of your opinions. The game has losen around 15% of its fun duo these facts. We maybe can't get these oldskoolers back, but we should actually think of how we should get new players

TurtlesRock

• PGP
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:02 AM »
and turtlesrock what the intercourse are u talking about ?
Not sure what you mean. But that other guy/girl I was talking to assumed that because I don't like being spawn killed on a server with a long respawn, that I automatically spawn kill in return.

Like I said before. If your goal is most kills instead of most captures it's no wonder you can't find anyone to play with. You're only thinking about yourself and not the team. I prefer captures over kills. And as long as I'm not 0/etc. then I'm happy. I'm not sure why what server your on would determine whether you go for captures or kills... :/

In the the next build some type of spawn protection would be nice. Or a penalty for those who spawn kill. Like if they shoot someone that just spawned they die instead.

When I saw that video all I could think about was Super Metroid. O_O

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2013, 06:28:10 AM »
Add some kind of ingame IRC support. Smoothen the visible edges ingame. BAM sudden success.

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »
Very simple, we just need full public server. Most time i want to connect to a pub, they are empty. And speed- or pgpservers aren't much fun. (in my opinion)
Also the matchscene is very boring. There are just a few clans that do matches and it's kinda boring to play against the same teams again and again..

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »
Very simple, we just need full public server. Most time i want to connect to a pub, they are empty. And speed- or pgpservers aren't much fun. (in my opinion)
Also the matchscene is very boring. There are just a few clans that do matches and it's kinda boring to play against the same teams again and again..

I think everyone already knows that we need full pubs and more clans lol...try posting what you think the game needs in order to make those things (^^) possible.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
I think he meant removing speed/pgp servers.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2013, 11:52:54 AM »
One of the biggest reasons I don't play anymore is that whenever I feel like playing the American/Canadian servers are always empty.  

I think everyone already knows that we need full pubs and more clans lol...try posting what you think the game needs in order to make those things (^^) possible.

This game needs a decent AI and some settings like in TF2 where if the server drops below a certain number of real players bots will be added.  This would solve the empty server problem.  I wouldn't mind playing against bots for a few minutes until real people joined.  This would open up many possibilities for new game-modes aswell.

Another way to help increase the number of players is to fix the stupid in-game login method.  Why can't we just have a "normal" login box when the game starts?  Enter your username and password and be done with it.  Instead we have to search for the global login settings menu, create a profile, link account to profile, and then enter password.  It makes sense to people who have already been doing it for a while, but new players have a hard time with this poorly designed in-game login method.  I've seen way too many people asking in #paintball about why they are getting kicked from games.  They never stay for more than one minute and I can only assume they just give up on playing the game.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:06:48 AM by SuperMAn »

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2013, 02:33:55 AM »
One of the biggest reasons I don't play anymore is that whenever I feel like playing the American/Canadian servers are always empty. 
At least you've got servers... haha.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2013, 05:52:59 AM »
At least you've got servers... haha.

Yeah, but they are useless without players.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2013, 06:24:06 AM »
Your servers are the best for me.no lag i would go on them if people were on them.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »
Here's one of my twice a year posts:

-Maybe set a time each week when people should try to play. Let's say from 6-9pm est, or whatever time really. It at least would help to gather a few more people online. I stopped playing because of the lack of people on at a given time. I think if you knew people were going to be on, you'd be much more likely to log in for once. Even if it starts as a weekly event, it might drag people back into the game.

-I realize one of the coolest features about this game in its hayday was to be able to create your own server, and let people join up, but I think in the long run this hurts things. Typically, if I start the game up, there's about 3 servers with maybe 15-20 people total, and then about 30 empty servers. If there were a limited number of servers, preferably ran by people who knew what they were doing, and had a decent map list going, it would be help to not spread the population out so much.

-Limiting the number of maps available. Even if the list is narrowed down to around 50-100 maps, it would still be better than the 10000000 we have now. If the two ideas were combined, have a few servers running a few different styles of maps. Siege, DM, TDM, etc. And try to make each server dedicated to only playing maps that are similar. GO ahead and have some pubnoob maps like wob, ubcliff, etc, but then have most of the servers running some nice maps that the community likes.

Also, unbans. Send out an email to the folks, welcome them back. They probably won't want to cheat again anyways, and it would be nice to see some old faces.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2013, 05:35:32 AM »
Here's one of my twice a year posts:

-Maybe set a time each week when people should try to play. Let's say from 6-9pm est, or whatever time really. It at least would help to gather a few more people online. I stopped playing because of the lack of people on at a given time. I think if you knew people were going to be on, you'd be much more likely to log in for once. Even if it starts as a weekly event, it might drag people back into the game.

-I realize one of the coolest features about this game in its hayday was to be able to create your own server, and let people join up, but I think in the long run this hurts things. Typically, if I start the game up, there's about 3 servers with maybe 15-20 people total, and then about 30 empty servers. If there were a limited number of servers, preferably ran by people who knew what they were doing, and had a decent map list going, it would be help to not spread the population out so much.

-Limiting the number of maps available. Even if the list is narrowed down to around 50-100 maps, it would still be better than the 10000000 we have now. If the two ideas were combined, have a few servers running a few different styles of maps. Siege, DM, TDM, etc. And try to make each server dedicated to only playing maps that are similar. GO ahead and have some pubnoob maps like wob, ubcliff, etc, but then have most of the servers running some nice maps that the community likes.

Also, unbans. Send out an email to the folks, welcome them back. They probably won't want to cheat again anyways, and it would be nice to see some old faces.

1. I agree with the lack of people playing, but what also has stopped me playing is the communities attitude. It used to be fun to play.
2. Very true; but I doubt admins will like it.
3. Tried, everyone was against it. It's hard enough for new players to get used to one map let alone the 2k+ maps that DP is currently offering.
4. I doubt they would even come back.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2013, 02:48:39 PM »
Everyones attitude is bad, i also had an idea but i forgot.