Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 25237 times)

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: Moderators
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:00 PM »
Toxic is obviously trolling with you, even if this is not really funny.  Btw Toxiic , i havnt seen Neoterra messing up with the tournament thread. Overall, i don't think having a " moderator " could be bad for us, seeing how the topics are going. But tbh, i don't see jitspoe doing anything about it, exept removing himself the messages and banning them which is the minimum.

Neoterra

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 11:49:24 PM »
I know that he was trolling me, but he dont know me and i tried to get a good conversation with him about this topic.

knuddlee

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 06:59:20 AM »
Just to make this clear: MyeRs is right, atleast in certain points. Tini and Toxiic are complete d*ckheads- even you nas admit it here and there.
Secondly, you guys refered to hitler/ghettos/gas chambers/nazis WAY too often. So please DON'T tell me we complained about ONE SINGLE line by Tini. This line just broke it all up.
I think you would understand this a little better if e.g your dear mom died in the Twin Towers, and I would constantly tell you how  nice the towers fell. If you liked the crashing of the first, or the second tower more. And you would be the lucky d*mb, fat, donut eating guy that survived. I'm sure you guys will just hate more on this post=> Do it, I find it rather entertaining now, bring on the show!
 (but don't feel offended if we bring up something that you guys don't like. Because at some point some of you may feel offended, just like we did.)

b2t: MyeRs is right, IF we need a mod, no1 from the matching scene should get that position.
We definitely need a non-racist mod (I thought this should be clear, but for you guys i repeat it) that does not support na/eu, OR we really need one EU and one SA mod. But 2 mods for 26 players would be a little bit... much.

And: I think these mod(s) should use their banhammer very often. E.G the spam in the tourney-thread should be punished with a ban.
This surely includes both sides (Tini, Toxic, levi, me).

JosephGoebbels

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »
We definitely need a non-racist mod.

i volunteer

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
what does the community think about  new electons of the committee and an extension of the "area of responsibility" or however to call it? that might be an idea since a few committee members are inactive.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
The committee is built with people Jitspoe has known for a while and trusts. We're not opposed to adding someone who we think is right for it. But the more responsibility part is up to Jitspoe.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »
what does the community think about  new electons of the committee and an extension of the "area of responsibility" or however to call it? that might be an idea since a few committee members are inactive.

good luck finding enough people who would be suitable for being on the committee :)

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
If you can't even self moderate your own actions/comments, I would not let you moderate a community.

You let one comment about "nazis" throw you into a downward spiral. Grow up. Get a life. Do something other than spam this dying forum. You are the problem.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:52:06 PM by coLa »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 12:24:52 PM »
I agree, the stuff you went through was worse than harsh comments, and I do think the ban hammer should be used in such situations but the way you reacted to it is the point I was trying to get across. You responded to the trolling/bullying, you ceased your tournament and you quit the game (?). I also assume you would still hold a few grudges against those who caused you pain/stress. I like you, and this is nothing against you, but I don't think you are the right fit for a moderator.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH MYERS.

I said I would apply, if jitspoe started accepting applications for moderator. Lets not turn this into a "JMR for mod?" thread.

I shall continue this discussion through a pm.

I think that the bans should only be used as punishment when it becomes more than a joke/troll.

I have had experience in moderation before and am currently moderating my own chat of around 20 users on twitch. I have also had experience in forum moderation with great success. I do not simply care if someone from the outside thinks I am not suitable. It is jitspoe's forum.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »
I have had experience in moderation before and am currently moderating my own chat of around 20 users on twitch. I have also had experience in forum moderation with great success. I do not simply care if someone from the outside thinks I am not suitable. It is jitspoe's forum.

I moderate blazefyre chat with 2k+ viewers. Therefore, I am top candidate.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »

Nice, with the experience that you have, maybe you should apply. (If jitspoe started looking)

If I am fully honest, I'm not sure if these forums have much of a future. Moderation is long overdue.

Guess we'll just have to wait for that mythical person who hasn't touched dp and has no relation to any of us.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »
The forum activity has always been near equal to the game activity. Moderation has not changed that. People could argue there's not enough moderation in bans (ie took Shock a while to get banned after turning himself in, allowing him to continue hacking for weeks).

Moderation wont actually fix anything in terms of the game. It might make a few people perma-banned on forums. That's it. Sure, it's worth a discussion, but realistically nobody should expect much out of it. At best, Jitspoe elects to choose 1 moderator of someone he's known and trusted for years, who checks forums once a week minimum. (ie as stated before, terrorist, viciouz, cameron, and maybe jimmy).

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
Lmfao.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »
good luck finding enough people who would be suitable for being on the committee :)

i know at least two people who could do it, but they are probably intercoursed up cause community ruined it.

knuddlee

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 01:39:42 PM »
Was Adolf Hitler racist? Real Question here. I want l3vi or knuddle to answer this question.
I feel kinda dumb to answer your stupid question, but you would held it against us if we wouldn't reply.

Quote:
racism
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Hitler then states the Aryan is culturally superior. [...]
Hitler goes on to say that subjugated peoples actually benefit by being conquered because they come in contact with and learn from the superior Aryans. However, he adds they benefit only as long as the Aryan remains the absolute master and doesn't mingle or inter-marry with inferior conquered peoples.

But it is the Jews, Hitler says, who are engaged in a conspiracy to keep this master race from assuming its rightful position as rulers of the world, by tainting its racial and cultural purity and even inventing forms of government in which the Aryan comes to believe in equality and fails to recognize his racial superiority.

"The mightiest counterpart to the Aryan is represented by the Jew."

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/kampf.htm

In conclusion:
If you really thought that Hitler was no racist, you must be really, REALLY d*mb. Like practically the dum*est sh*t on earth.
But on the other hand: If you - for some reason, who knows lol - meant this in an sarcastic way, you litteraly are the d*mbest sh*t on earth to bring this topic up all over and over again.
So the real conclusion: Your the dum*est sh*t in the whole earth.

For jitspoe: To end this whole meaningless fight, please ban all the involved persons permanently. People like Toxiic never learn, and people like me will never accept such stupididty in this PARTICULAR topic.

Even if the Com-Members can't ban the people for that, ATLEAST they could say something against it.
It's sickening that racism is tolerated on this forum. It's so incredible and unbelievable. 

L3vi

• Stingray
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »
Hahaha and here we go again...maaan, it's obviously that we kind of "crashed" into the tourney thread and also no question that things went out of hand - what I saw is that the spam comments and memes are deletet now (which took...hmm maybe a few clicks?). I also want to apologize to Gonass for the spam...that the argument happened in the wrong thread was a kind of collateral. At least the memes were quite funny in my opinion xd But reading things in this thread now....is really really funny cause I see that Toxiic is actually a verrrry bad troll and the most stupid thing is that you (@Toxiic) are trying to stand there, like you did NOTHING wrong and everything was fine from your side ^^ You know...a troll / argument ALWAYS comes from TWO sides, so you better think about what you write next time BEFORE you post cause you just trapped yourself in your statememnts ;*

Well, however I dont want to interrupt your discussion here any longer.
I want to see how this rotten community destroys itself on and on...just keep going, youre on a good way to reach this target^^

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 02:22:49 PM »
Guess we'll just have to wait for that mythical person who hasn't touched dp and has no relation to any of us.

Is comprehension difficult? We've named people who would fit the bill. A moderator shouldn't be posting in tournament threads, nor should he be matching, etc.etc. This forums previous moderators were just that. There aren't enough active posts on this forum to need someone whos online daily. As mentioned, Cameron/Viciouz/Terrorist are prime candidates as they still check the forum, occasionally post, have done enough in their history to earn the trust of Jitspoe.

THATS what warrants being a moderator. If you go look at forum and game history, the names I mentioned are people who rarely, if ever, joined in on the trash talk or trolling. They never complained about it either. They just do what they do, and don't let ANYTHING bother them. Something all of us are unable to achieve. That's what warrants the position.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
Even if the Com-Members can't ban the people for that, ATLEAST they could say something against it.
It's sickening that racism is tolerated on this forum. It's so incredible and unbelievable.  

Because the Com-Members can't sanction people for that, and because most of them does not care or are inactive, There should be someone moderating the forum. And I am not talking about someone who comes 1 time a week. There is an event / tournament, which is actually making the game more alive than it should be. This is benificial for the game, so having people ruining, and saying what ever they want just because they know no one will react exept jitspoe for the next month.. ( btw this remind me the previous tournament ). So Try it. Do elections, let's see who is eligible or could be a potential candidat and make people vote for it. Of course this is not the most popular game, but atleast.. moderate the forum.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 02:28:47 PM »
Moderating the game is far more important than moderating the forum, and that's yet to be done. Yet people have complained for years. Why? This isn't a big company earning money, it's Jitspoe's project. People seem to think a position that can be terribly abused will actually go to some election?

Committee members get elected because literally 90% of what they do is contact people regarding multiple accounts. Very occasionally they watch a demo where someone is accused of hacking. That's it. There's 10 (or 9?) of them. It's purely for reducing Jitspoe's workload on the pointless stuff. Nobody can be bad at it unless they leak information, which even then is really no damage done as there's nothing really important there.

Jitspoe isn't active enough to continually check in on his moderator, who can go power hungry on the forum. If something changes it'll be the same process that got Flip in the moderator position. Someone Jitspoe feels fit for the job, and he'll contact them himself and set it up.

This thread is good because it shows Jitspoe that the community would like something done, allowing him to react (since there's 10000 things that need to be done, threads show Jitspoe which are the most important).

PS: I like how this thread suddenly spiked the activity of the forums lol

L3vi

• Stingray
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »
PS: I like how this thread suddenly spiked the activity of the forums lol

No problem