Author Topic: GOD darn IT CHRISTIANITY  (Read 11140 times)

pinobot

• VM-68
Re: GOD darn IT CHRISTIANITY
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 06:03:38 PM »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 06:08:21 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:42:04 PM by IronFist »

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 06:28:41 PM »
I think it's not time+space+matter but more correctly time+space+energy.
The Universe is filled with vacuum energy that is created by time and space itself, so if energy can be created by just time and space alone then maybe in the beginning there was only time/space, the energy/matter was just a by-product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 11:19:08 PM »
It's true that there have been things done supposedly in the name of Christ that are... morally incorrect.  Realistically, though, I don't see how you can call these people Christians.  "Christian" implies that they follow the teachings of Christ, and running around murdering and raping people certainly does not fall under that category.  Hypocrites like that are far worse than the heathens.

Another thing: anti-religious people seem to have very selective memory and often fail to realize that kind of behavior is the exception, not the rule.  Christian organizations like The Salvation Army have done a number of great things to help people in need.

AND

I think the topic of conversation here is more whether or not the belief in (a) God and following a set of supposedly divine-inspired morals betters society or not.
Not in my words but as accurate as mine were intended, regarding zealots and charity.

Taco you did point out 'Christian' backed events. Regardless of your intent. I pointed out that they were not Christians but zealots. No assumptions there. Just clearing up that statement for those who dont know any different.

Also I was not trying to debunk any major point you were trying to make. Most of which at their core were expressed in a John Lennon song. jk :) Try being nice and not so negatively assumptive.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 01:34:27 AM by loial21 »

{appy Hamper

• VM-68
Re:CHRISTIANITY
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2006, 09:39:44 PM »
what happens to us when we die?

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2006, 09:51:55 PM »
Your body stops functioning...as for your "exhistance": some think that the chemical reactions that happen in your brain as its shutting down may seem like an eternity, thus a sorta heaven-like exhistance that can last an eternity within a second, when it really doesn't.

{appy Hamper

• VM-68
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2006, 09:57:38 PM »
that's rediculous.  The fact that 'they' relate death to some kind of eternity seems a little less than original.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »
Well, if you've even had your heart stopped or anything like that, you'd probably know the experience of having a second seem literally like an eternity, even though after you can't remember it all, you know that it seemed years long.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2006, 02:59:32 AM »

self perception varies.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2006, 06:02:19 AM »
Your family plunders your home and starts fighting over who gets what.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2006, 09:35:34 AM »
The existance of a God is a matter of faith, period.
The existance of a God cannot be scientifically proven or dispoven.

Nothing can be proven 100%.
The theory that the universe was formed from a singularity is based on convincing evidence, but is, itself, unprovable 100%. That which we can hold, touch, and test can be proven with a high degree of confidence, yet is still not 100%. So that which we cannot examine so closely grows farther from 100% provable.

Everything is a matter of faith.
Red is red because you believe it is red. You have been taught it is red. And all evidence that you have been taught to compare red against tells you it is red. But, red cannot be proven 100% to be red.

I've been kind of day dreaming about a game environment.
A matrix-like game environment where you sit in a chair, have some probes attached to you, and the computer takes over your senses and injects you into a realistic game environment.

Then I thought of the computing power it would take to create such a thing.
I thought of a sort of harmonic vaccum chamber that oscolates attoms in a pattern that cause them to pass through a detector/effector machanism essentially becoming the ones and zeros of our known computer world. Then I thought this computer, if ever able to become real, could be infinately powerful.

This lead to me thinking of universe simulator programmed with the laws of life. Physical laws, chemicals laws, etc... Then, at the flick of a switch, a big bang that injects all these things into a virtual space and allows them to progress according to the laws we know and have programmed the simulation with.

Then I thought...what if? What if we could inject ourself into this virtual world. Maybe even having the simulation exist virtually on an accelarate scale? Maybe something to the order of 1 real minute equals 100 virtual years, or more. And what if our simulator was taught to program and adjust itself? And as our computer gained knowledge it became aware of something never thought of by its creator. It tells us that, as we have create a simulated universe accurately existing according to preprogrammed laws, we creators are also a simulation existing according to preprogrammed laws. Our universe is a simulated universe. In various parts of the universe various experiments in life simulation are taking place. And, when the simulated life becomes aware of its creator it is programatically eliminated in the form of a supernova that destroys those aware simulated people. This keeps the simulation running without the catastrophy of the realization of thier mere simulated existance.

Ok...wrote way too much.

Anyways...crazy, huh?
Not very provable either?
But my little story does, at the very least, have a greater than 0% probablilty of being true.

Would make a cool movie too!
I'm actually considering writing a book on it.

BTW, that whole thing above isn't something i've thought about on a lonely Sunday evening. It's been an ongoing set of thinkings that have expanded and formed over a pretty long time.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »
You aren't the only one to have such thoughts, but I don't know that there's much feasibility in simulating a universe using the resources of only a minuscule portion of the existing universe.  It would be, however, possible to simulate something on a much smaller scale.  Perhaps that's what this universe is: a small simulation created by curious scientists of a greater universe.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:41:00 PM by IronFist »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2006, 07:50:27 PM »
that have expanded and formed over a pretty long time.
Before Christ I am betting. Stubborn old goat. Nice story.

S8NATHOME

• PGP
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2006, 08:53:15 PM »
but I don't know that there's much feasibility in simulating a universe using the resources of only a minuscule portion of the existing universe.  It would be, however, possible to simulate something on a much smaller scale.  Perhaps that's what this universe is: a small simulation created by curious scientists of a greater universe.

Ahhhh you do realize that you have said this wouldn't be feasible for us, but said our universe may be simulated by scientists from a greater universe. Same thing isn't it? Wouldn't the scientists of that greater universe also be restricted in their knowledge of their universe in creating our universe?

My thinking in the simulation of the universe simply considers what we know (physics, elements, etc...) and use that to model the entire universe. This may not be accurate, but it may. It would work though, regardless. It may not accurately model our universe, but it would succeed in modeling a working universe from a singularity. Just add elements and rules.

The whole point of the story I was thinking of, though, is sort of an irony. This simulated universe was created and plugged into our information systems in order to better simulate our universe only to tell us that we, too, are a simulation. I have like lots of details with conflicts and resolutions and such in my head.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2006, 11:55:35 PM »

The first one doesn't really work, but the rest is good.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2006, 10:22:47 AM »
Ok...so I got to thinking.
THen I got to writing.

This is very undeveloped. Much of what you read here will have to be exapnded upon further. But it's a start.

Hope ya like it so far.

Nothing is random. Rules govern everything we know in the universe. From the largest star to the tiny atom, everything acts and reacts according to the laws of physics. For this reason everything can be calculated mathematically. Man has spent many years developing what they would call “random” number generators. Random number generators have been crucial in the development of every security feature in place today. But, no matter how hard we try, or how obscure we get, these random number generator based encryption security techniques will always abide by rules, and therefore be predictable.

All encryption engineers know this. Their only fight against prediction is to increase the steps require in order to predict. If you had a secret hideout that required turning one corner to get to it, your hideout would be easily found. If your hideout required 10, or even 1000 turns to get to it, that would make finding you hideout more difficult. Random number generators work on this same philosophy. Increase the complexity and number of calculations required to produce a number and it will appear random.

Of course, security features, such as encryption techniques, must be predictable in order to be decipherable at some later date. Where the real research and development of random number generators has excelled is in simulation. Man has used simulation to attempt to look into actions of interest since being. Imagine early man using a stick to scratch out a simple plan of attack on their prey. They were, in a sense, simulating the attack, learning from it, and then using that knowledge to increase their chances of success. Today we use simulation to attempt to predict everything from weather to the stock market, to artificial intelligence. The random number generators used for such simulators do not require easy predictability. These systems strive to be truly random and unpredictable. But they are still governed by rules, and will still remain predictable, even if it is on a vastly obscure scale.

Krylos was activated on December 17, 2137. Krylos is the first non-simulated harmonic core process computer. Until this day harmonic core process (HCP) computers were merely a simulation carried out inside other computers. The simulations revealed staggering numbers. Almost infinite processing power was theoretically possible with a HCP computer. Simulation was about to become possible on a grand scale.

Harmonic Core Processing is the brainchild of Wil Russell, a self-taught computer wiz from Stockbridge, Georgia. Wil, now 28, spent his childhood gaming online during the VR boom of 2116. With advancements in computer technology, virtual reality had really taken off. It was scary, actually. People were dieing at their computers because they couldn’t break away from the virtual world. 72 hours straight in VR was not unheard of, and anything over that was extreme and very dangerous. People had grown fat and lazy, and VR allowed anyone to escape this lazy world and become a perfect supermodel or secret agent.

Computer advancement increased exponentially with the creation of organic solid processing in 2044. In 2122, at the age of 13, Wil had developed the theory of HCP while studying the abnormal fireworks display that occurred behind your closed eye when a power outage struck any VR terminal. Great studies were performed on the phenomenon. When a power outage occurred on an occupied VR system connected to the net a residual energy oscillation occurred. These power outages created thunderstorm-like visual patterns that oscillated and folded into itself repeatedly. Wil had seen these patterns in his VR studies of weather patterns. Although Wil was an avid gamer, he spent most of his VR time studying. He was a genius with a thirst for the knowledge that the VR world had to offer.

Wil theorized that if one could harmonically oscillate charged particles, change their state, and read their state, one could use this as a processor. Wil spent the next 15 years studying and simulating his theories. The results were mind blowing. A low voltage charge could be arced across a set of probes creating a harmonic oscillating magnetic field similar to the magnetic field in constant motion around heavenly bodies. The very probes that created the arc could read each atom as it passed through the central point of the field. In simulation this proved to be extremely fast. Simulations measured the process possibility to be several billion times faster than the fastest processors thus far. And power consumption, something that has plagued modern computing for decades, was shown to be a mere fraction of what it took to light the average 40 watt light bulb. The process was very orderly. In a vacuum, cycle loss due to errant atoms was negligible, and almost beyond measure. Out side a vacuum, cycle loss was much greater, but then again, processing power showed to be so fast that this loss could be made up in redundant cycle checks, and still yield performance ridiculously far beyond anything available today. Wil didn’t know it, but these non-vacuum tests would prove to be the key to the universe.

Wil was ready. Wil had one goal in mind for Krylos, human simulation. This was the holy grail of simulation. Although there have been many very good simulations of humans and artificial intelligence, they were still imperfect, and by a very wide margin. Wil hoped, or better yet, prayed, that his creation would produce a better human simulation. He was right, very right. Wil had accumulated all the know rule sets for the most advanced artificial intelligence available. As he activated Krylos he waited patiently, ready to inject the rules that define man. Wil stared intensely at the set of probes aimed towards the center of the small vacuum chamber. The probes intensly began to glow bright blue. They were almost unbearable to look at. A faint bowtie shaped halo soon formed around the glowing probes. “The harmonic cycles,” Wil thought to himself, “it’s beautiful!” In an instant Krylos came to life and the rule injection routines were automatically activated without hesitation.

Wil sat motionless, the bright blue glow flashed rhythmically across his face. Wil estimated it would take a few minutes for Krylos to accept and activate its instructions. But in the blink of an eye Krylos showed ready.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2006, 12:26:50 PM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2006, 12:54:32 PM »
"see that black man crossing the street" cracked me up.