Author Topic: IRC Server Discussion  (Read 13364 times)

blaa

• Autococker
Re: IRC Server Discussion
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 10:13:49 AM »
Are you disabled that you need supporting that bad? :/

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »
Quakenet is terrible. Let me remind you of that.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »
The Internets are terrible. Let me remind you of that with no explanation.  >_>  <_<

frozi

• PGP
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
staying on ggc would be the best i think.
this network havent been there for that long so i think it will also be known.

Axl

• PGP
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2007, 05:42:41 AM »
quakenet is the place to be :) - Another reason for quakenet is a lot of people now-a-days use IRC Bouncers, and most companies that provide them only allow people to use Quakenet (All my Clan for example)

PainKe

• Stingray
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2007, 09:07:57 AM »
I absolutly agree with lekky. On GlobalGamers there aren't much players, if you look "/list" there are just Dp Clans. We should move to QuakeNet so other players can see this game.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, #F4E at QuakeNet.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 05:50:23 AM »
Let me remind you about how many netsplits quakenet has, the lack of good services,  and overall terribleness.
Stick with GGC.

and GGC is the holy cow of IRC-Networks.
sorry for the oversized picture.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2007, 06:10:07 AM »
LOL...Owned.Ill register #team_lc in Quakenet..

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »
There are also many places to get 24/7 bots that either have clan specific commands, or allow you to define your own commands. Check out #qehs on quakenet for example. Just type the following:

/server -m quakenet -j #qehs

By the way, being scared of change is not a valid argument so don't use it. Remember the whole aim of this is to bring more players to the game, and the number of clans who have moved there now have already done that.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2007, 01:27:02 PM »
this was discussed when we moved from ETG to GGC. other servers were mentioned and we all moved to GGC. i dont think people want to move again. IMO i am very comfortable where we are and i am sure alot of people feel the same. if you want to bring more people to the game it would probably be easier to advertise the game elsewhere than to actually keep switching servers. it is a good idea but it just seems like it would be alot of hassle like it was when everyone moved from ETG.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2007, 02:13:19 PM »
Cola, i too am comfortable at GGC. I have no problems with it and i think the admins have treated us well. But then again this move is not about that, nor is it like the last move where to be honest most people wanted to stay at GGC.

I have been trying to advertise this game alot lately, and the one recurring theme from other people and clans is why are we on "our own irc server". We cant bring new players to this game purely on reputation, if we could I would not even be creating such a thread. Having the community on a big server such as Quakenet will allow other clans and players to instantly interact with us. At the moment they see no reason to come to "our server" for a game they have not heard about, however, joining a new channel on a server they currently use would not be a big stumbling block.

As for the hassle, we and a few other clans have managed to set ourselves up there without any problems. Moving the whole community will not be so easy, but I think the potential benefits are too great to dismiss.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
whats wrong with dp now? we dont need more clueless people running around pubs

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2007, 03:20:38 AM »
Being on the small server we are now helps "more clueless people running around pubs". Being on a larger server will a) make us more accessable to people so we can help them and b) give current clans that play other games a chance to join our community (eg tezc).

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2007, 05:24:20 AM »
this was discussed when we moved from ETG to GGC. other servers were mentioned and we all moved to GGC. i dont think people want to move again. IMO i am very comfortable where we are and i am sure alot of people feel the same. if you want to bring more people to the game it would probably be easier to advertise the game elsewhere than to actually keep switching servers. it is a good idea but it just seems like it would be alot of hassle like it was when everyone moved from ETG.
* KnacK waits for the official word that we have moved to GGC from ETG....

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2007, 11:56:45 AM »
Being on the small server we are now helps "more clueless people running around pubs". Being on a larger server will a) make us more accessable to people so we can help them and b) give current clans that play other games a chance to join our community (eg tezc).
We should join the 5 biggest networks then, to access even more people, and thus helping dp to get more players than CS has.

lolololololololololloolololololol

frozi

• PGP
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 04:53:58 AM »
hm. but if so many guys in paintball want to move to Qnet lekky why are they idling then on ggc? i mean there are some bad sites in ggc but in Qnet too.
in this post are only like 10-15 persons talking about the irc future so why should we move if 8 say Qnet?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 05:12:10 AM »
lol frozi. if we move to qnet we need to move ALL...the comunity. There are already alot of dp players idling in qnet but we are still officialy on ggc so we cant just say:"intercourse ggc im just gonna idle in qnet"-->no we cant do that. we are still in ggc for now.
and there are A LOT more than 8 people wanting to move to qnet btw.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 02:23:09 PM »
lol frozi. if we move to qnet we need to move ALL...the comunity. There are already alot of dp players idling in qnet but we are still officialy on ggc so we cant just say:"intercourse ggc im just gonna idle in qnet"-->no we cant do that. we are still in ggc for now.
heres the deal, if you want to move to quakenet, leave ggc. if enough of you want to, the rest will follow. I for one think that its a retarded idea.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 02:50:24 PM »
I agree with lekky as well...

Making the DP presence known on Qnet sure can't hurt.  What I see as being retarded is the fact there is so much negativity coming from a few indiviuals in this thread.

NOONE has to leave ETG, GGC or Qnet.  You can idle in 1, 2, or ALL 3 if you like.  It's not difficult to figure out.

To those of you who keep knocking this game, if you have nothing nice to say and don't wish to see it progress or help build the community, maybe you need to keep your mouths shut and move on to a newer game which of course you have to pay for.

Stop bringing the community and the game down for those of us who happen to like it.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 03:10:15 PM »
Picasso has a great point, about idling in more than one network, which quite a few of us do anyway. But it cant be a few, or one section of the community, that defeats the purpose and makes me think some people haven't read or understood my argument for moving.

I do not have any bad feeling towards GGC, in fact I think they have done a great job with us, always there to help us and do provide some good services (I also think that ETG did just as good a job as GGc are doing).

But that is not my point, I do not want a hostile move, I want a move for the greater good of this community, and I think a move to a larger network would be of great benefit to the community.

heres the deal, if you want to move to quakenet, leave ggc. if enough of you want to, the rest will follow. I for one think that its a retarded idea.

Why is it a retarded idea? I made this thread to stimulate some discussion so that if people had some valid arguments against my proposal they could put them forward, but so far there have been few valid arguments made.