Author Topic: picking an irc network  (Read 10869 times)

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: picking an irc network
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 01:56:16 PM »
moe we have to move to a gaming network....largest would be like some network on USA dont know

Moe_Lester

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »
Well lets find a game network quick because the community is dropping like flies.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »
Well lets find a game network quick because the community is dropping like flies.
That always happens two times a yea, before summer and when school starts.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 04:25:28 PM »

Because of jitspoe banning the world. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 07:50:20 PM »
I like the guys at gg-center, but I just don't see that network growing very quickly.  ETG seems kind of dead now, too.

Smokey: Why are those bigger networks "garbage"?

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 09:47:26 PM »
guys why dint we stick to one network an keep it at that because its very inconvenient changing networks to go to somebody's else's irc channel.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 12:57:04 AM »
I think its enough when jitspoe registers "official" #paintball channel in numerous networks, then somebody who likes to help could start promoting paintball in one of the networks. I am sure that true eSport games like wsw and quake and many more do not have only 1 network where they at. "The official networof UTk" should be GG-C, on the same time I know guys from wsw that play/have played UT for a long time, but they have no idea wtf GGC is and why oin earth they should leave quakenet.

Point is, the whole community doesnt have to move. There is a chance to idle multiple servers at once, you dont have to create your clan channel everywhere so dont whine you dont have enough room in your channel-bar.

2PAC

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 01:20:12 AM »
Gamesurge has alot of ppl cause it is used for Css and Call of Duty.It is a good size irc server alot of ppl in it.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 01:22:49 AM »
I don't think Paintball could ever rise up to the level that Warsow or UT have. It's just not a spectator sport, most of the time. Lining and all that which the nature of the one-hit kill has brought on makes the game fairly boring to watch. Anyway, good players will be able to dispatch other players in 2-5 seconds, which isn't too interesting for the crowd either.

I think it's best for the community to stay in one central place- it confuses new people less, and splitting between two servers in inevitably split the community to some extent.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 02:19:45 AM »
I don't think Paintball could ever rise up to the level that Warsow or UT have. It's just not a spectator sport, most of the time. Lining and all that which the nature of the one-hit kill has brought on makes the game fairly boring to watch. Anyway, good players will be able to dispatch other players in 2-5 seconds, which isn't too interesting for the crowd either.

That depends. I got quite attached to PB, can´t remember when I was so hooked on only 1 game for so long (5-6 months) and that excitment is growing every day. If you put time in game you can always find something new wich encrease gameplay. And probably the best part of it is playing agains much better players. 1 hit kill makes you more carefull and tactical than any other FPS.

Off topic: yesterday I downloaded Sid´s Colonization, the game of my youth beside Civilization. Still can´t believe how much this game is still playable (played it over 5 hours before switching to DP) :)

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »
Also the aim is not to reach the popularity of warsow or similar games, the aim is to maximise our own potential. The fact is that being on a small network like GGC does little to help us move towards achieving our aim. A larger network, like i have proven on a smaller scale with #qehs on Quakenet, will help us move towatds our goal.

Moe_Lester

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 08:37:58 AM »
It also doesnt hurt to try to advertise dpball by going to a bigger network. The worst that will happen is we move back to gg-c

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 09:23:10 AM »
Yea id say Gamesurge alot of other clans for other mods use it. i havent used it lately caus eof gg-center. that or make ur own irc network and we all go there

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 09:55:31 AM »
that or make ur own irc network and we all go there

Have you actually read any of this or the other thread i created?

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 09:56:21 AM »
ha no im lazy sum it up for me lol

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=6402.0

A move to a larger network does allow more people to hear about this game,  and actively take part. Plus it has the side effect of pre-existing clans taking up the game, which for the clan scene is better than individual new players.

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2007, 10:00:51 AM »
Alright ill go and idle there for a bit and see how it is.. Any paticular Channel u in that i should go to ??

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 10:32:27 AM »
Lekky man im gonna shoot u.. i need atlest 3 ppl to creat a channel.. Get in here and tell me what channnel ur in i tired of talking to ops there useless lol.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 10:37:11 AM »
im at work right now, and my channel is #qehs

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 10:45:44 AM »
rgr that sry