Author Topic: My 2 cents. Cause I know everyone wants it  (Read 23586 times)

blaa

• Autococker
Re: My 2 cents. Cause I know everyone wants it
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2011, 12:59:31 AM »
 you get a no from me

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
you're not important, i meant it for Jits not you.

painted

• PGP
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 06:46:28 AM »
I haven't forgotten about it, i got more ban time than i should have. But that's up to Jitspoe to never fix. Anyway, I miss playing with a select few people and trying new settings in PUGs. Then again only about 3 of those people still play and no one is ever up for new settings ever. God forbid you not be able to line and spray down everywhere or not be able to slip n' slide or jump at 150 MPH because that's totally cool.
Yep.

I wouldn't clear the entire ban list but I'd review a couple cases, skitzo's case for example...
I don't understand why juiicy and cyntex have a 3 year ban for a first time offence with no chance of getting halved even though they admitted. Some of them had a bigger bantime than jeongwa who hacked, distributed and evaded multiple times (3, if I'm not wrong). Anyway, it's not my place to judge the committee's decision.

@Mofo: Can't say the committee kills the game... They hardly do anything  ;) Just messin'

Think you got 1000+ because you were involved in this myers+lovers try to kill the game to show their inet balls thingy.
Committee does not vote on ban times for hackers fyi thats all jitspoe.
We all hacked, that's a fact. We all deserve to be banned, that's a fact. But if MyeRs and maybe 2 others decided to kill the game it's not good enough of a reason to give everyone a 3 year ban for hacking. It's unfair mostly because there are cases that deserve having more time than these guys, and they didn't. Already named these cases many times before, so won't bother again.

I think Delphi meanwhile answered that question.

As the committee was not involved to your bans, I can only assume why your bantimes aren't updated yet. The only thing I would advise you if you want your bantime to be looked at, is to PM Jitspoe with all details you can offer him.
Been there, done that. Nothing happenned so far so it's useless to think you'll be unbanned skitzo :)

Alright, rick you're just way too funny, so on a more serious note:

It's kinda funny how when Myers played you always were like: omg ily! - and now he's banned you act like he ruined the community. He helped more than most, he actually rarely even trash talked. YOU created cheats, taught people how to make them (Cuso, who's banned now cause of YOU) and taught other people/gave other people. Don't pretend you didn't. You can deny but we both know, Ride? Skitzo? Navyseal? Yeah, you're not perfect, you just had committee members fighting for your deserved ban, while the others don't have that for their undeserved lengths.
Pretty much says it all I think.

Wrong to assume that everyone that hacked will hack again.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »
"Wrong to assume that everyone that hacked will hack again."

Oh okay. So you say I should assume that if you hacked once you will never hack again? OH OKAY, BUDDY.

How about:
All hackers get the intercourse away from this game? Seriously, these bantimes have proven to work only on handful of times. I mean, only handful of players have hacked and after their bantime they have stopped hacking and continued to play fairly. Most of the banned players either never come back to the game, or eventually hack again. So what the hell? I say: aimbot/wallhack = permanent bad, speedhack/multi account = 1st offense 8 days, second offence permanent ban.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »
i had something smart to say but i cant remember atm.
maybe it was something about multiaccount ban beeing stupid idk

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »
Maybe a good idea would be a probation period for those that hacked. So, they appeal their ban, then have to spend a few months or something on probation, where if they cheat again in any way, they get perm banned (this sort of system would probably only be implemented to those that have 3 year bans).

You cant assume that those who have hacked will or will not hack again, but I can understand why some would want to give them another chance. Some people do learn their lesson, so perhaps the rules should be more lenient to cater for these people (not to say everyone learns their lesson, but benefit of the doubt etc...)

Unban Skitzo. hes a lad! (my logic is infallible)

painted

• PGP
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2011, 10:57:57 AM »
Estonian, where in my sentence did I say "will never hack again"? I just said you can't actually say for sure they will hack again... The example of that is some people get unbanned.
All I'm saying is review some of the bantimes since they're ridiculous, in both ways... Some have bans that are too low and some have bantimes incredibly high for what they've done.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »
All I'm saying that banning hackers shouldn't be something we have to put thought to. It's easy. Do not meddling break the rules. Or if you do, accept the punishment.

Probation period? Will just create unnecessary work and a honest player like me will never benefit from that. I would like the developers of this game to use the little time they have to more important things.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »
Probation period just sounds like a midway between total unbanning and perm banning for players with lengthy bans.

Perhaps a probation committee could be formed? And I dont think developers would be associated with this sort of work..but youre right, it does create more hassle. Just a suggestion :)

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
This got derailed a lot faster than I thought it would.

Can we all just pull the sticks out of our arses and shut it with the whole banning argument. My point isn't that people should be unbanned to promote activity, it was that the power of banning people should be shifted from jitspoe and a committee to server owners. I don't know how this turned into a giant UNBANMEPLOX thread, it's really quite pathetic. If you don't want to be banned, don't hack. Myself and the rest of the community managed to.

The more important points which no one seemed to notice was the inefficiency of dplogin and having only Jitspoe work on the game.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2011, 01:06:42 PM »
Yeah, I do like the guy. Doesn't mean that getting his friends to hack with him to ruin the american match scene was right. Yes I created a modified map file that I gave to Maierz, uh ohs. Haha, really? You think I taught Cuso? The guy that programmed his own wallhack? Haha, what ever you think ;) I never taught anyone how to, and I never gave the map file to anyone else. I didn't even like Navyseal so why would I give it to him, lol? Wait, wait, how do we both know? I don't even remember you being around back then, so why would I tell you that I gave it to all these people? I'm guessing people told you that I did? Ah, do you believe everything people tell you? lols. I had committee members fighting for my ban time because it was unjustified, I heard nearly everyone thought so.

PS. I don't run the committee sir if that is what you were implying.
PPS. Not everything people tell you is true.
PPS. Sorry that you're banned.

This is fun :)

Skitzo doesn't deserve his ban time, his ban should be at least re-discussed.

-I wasn't implying that you ran the committee. I'm saying the committee members liked you, but the rest of us don't have that luxury.

-I was around back then  ( not as a multi, just different names)

- If you gave the hack to one person, did you think it wasn't going to spread. The first time everyone got banned was your fault, just like Myers is being blamed for all of us hacking this time. ( I'm not saying Myers distributed, but everyone is saying he made us all hack)

-No one was trying to ruin the match scene.We wanted to try hacking, so we did. It wasn't an attempt to try to make Jitspoe look bad or mess up his game. "Ah, do you believe everything people tell you? lols"

This game is dead
It's not dead, we still have people trying to match.Unfortunately, we have people like you who send out 3s, and then when the only other american team responds, you say "i'm not playing a hacker", so we are forced to wait until your period so that we can match. If jitspoe thought I was going to hack again, I wouldn't have been unbanned...

yayy drama = activity!!!!!

jamal

• PGP
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »
OH HaI, ISH MYERS. Yeah, CheMiCaL msg'd me on facebook showing me he's trying to get unbanned. Btw, making forum accounts are impossible now, another great thing about this game! Let's add in stupid questions with '42' as the answer to help noobiez get into this game!!! I mis-wrote my fake email the first time, so then tried to do it again, but it wouldn't let me because it was on the same computer, guess you can't have multiple forum accounts now? Even if the previous wasn't validated.

ANYWAYS duggas, I don't plan on continuely posting or trying to fight to get myself unbanned in this thread. I emailed Jitspoe everything I needed to, whether he decides to lower the ban or not is his choice. Judging about this new forum account creating hastle, I don't see him wanting this game to expand much. But the lack of mottivation is expected, it's been long enough and this game provides nothing but hastle to him.

I just basically want to clear up a few things,

1) The 'hacking' group that all got 1024 days didn't have the intention of "OMG LETS KILL THE GAME" - and for those who don't believe me, CheMiCaL got the cheats later then most of the people, so I'd doubt he would be a part of wanting to kill the game - but it was basically people moving on from the game and wanting to hack. Not going to lie, it was fun. We did it for about a week, but after there being about 1 cheater in every clan it become boring and we had the mass-turn in. (btw, there's still at least 1 person who is still not banned who used them, were they truly detectable?). 
So basically, we just did it to hack. We didn't try and prove anything by cheating, we were already established in the community, and we didn't try to kill the community by cheating. That being said, we knew very well that it would make the game a lot less active, but it was just 'our group' who cheated. The distributor didn't spread it out of the group. The entire group was planning on quitting for a 'while' anyways, so yeah. I don't really know where all these "they tried to kill the game" assumptions came from.

Now to some comments in this thread,
1) Chemical, posting here wont help your case at all. Even if jitspoe read the forums (which let's be serious, he doesn't have the time to read a thread like this), your 'proposal?' wont make him suddenly think you're going to help this community. You're not providing him with anything special, you're just showing you want back in. That's the one thing Rick had over most others with a high ban, he could map and stuff, which he did while being banned showing he put time and effort while being banned. (He still served like what? 300 days?)

2) Rick, if you only distributed to me that'd be saying Cusoman HAPPENED to learn how to do it, as well as Navyseal and others at the EXACT same time? Unless you're saying I gave them out? Kinda odd. I don't want to bring stuff up from 3 years ago though, but there's more to that story than you say, considering you weren't my actual distributor.

3) Stop saying 'youre banned' to Chalk(Myles), cause he's not. He's the only one out of the 'hacking group' that got unbanned. He's currently playing digital paintball 2.0.

4) PvtJimmy leaked me a lot of committee information. I always lied to flip (since he seemed to be the only one who cared about finding out) by saying I got it from everyone, little peices then I put it together. But yeah, PvtJimmy was my longest-lasting leak. Shep never leaked me info, lied about that too. Heck, Idias hardly even leaked me anything which was disapointing. So yeah, there's the leak who told me a lot.

5) I agree with everyone who says not to unban hackers. That is, ban them before their ban lengths are up. However, I don't agree with 'special treatment' type situations, where certain people get lowered/highered ban times. Set standards, and use those standards. Players should never get their bans lowered or removed, they cheated, they get their ban length. But, when it's an undeserved time, than it becomes something personal which is dumb. If this game can't actively play without hackers coming back, than it's safe to say it's dead soon. It's had a good run. (The note about unfair ban lengths is towards the group that got banned recently, since most of them don't deserve that high.)

I can't think of anything else to say about this, but basically of the people who got banned some of them don't deserve it. Juiicy and CheMiCaL cheated later than most of us, and only cheated because everyone else was. They do not deserve to be banned, same goes for Skitzo who was just on teamspeak with us all and we told him we were using them. Cyntex distributed to everyone (as far as I know) and deserves to stay banned. Riddick spammed cheats all over IRC afterwards, and deserves to stay banned. Who else cheated with the group.... oh, Idias definitely doesn't deserve to stay banned, it was the guys first offence. So Idias, Chemical, Juiicy and Skitzo deserve their ban times relooked at.

I'd argue for myself, but unlike the others I don't plan on coming back. I have a new laptop and I'm at university. If I wanted to play I could've. I was planning on cheating before going off to uni for a while, as I started to get bored of the game, (Which is probably where this 'they want to kill the game!!!' idea came from). Me cheating before I quit was planned, it just happened that Cyntex happened to offer them on teamspeak to everyone. Everyone else mentioned followed in. So I'm completely fine with my ban time, and I don't expect anything done about it. But jitspoe only responded to 1 of the people who got banned, that being Chalk, in about what, 2 months? which shows he has no intentions of lowering most peoples.

-- I'm sorry Alec for continuing to derail your thread. I actually agree with you, after seeing how annoying making a forum account is I would've never played a game where making accounts are this annoying. (I wonder if reg accounts changed). But sadly nothing will get done, Jitspoe definitely isn't motivated to work on this game, when was the last build released?

Oh and Rick, why do you only say Skitzo? Because he's your friend unlike the others? Chemical was known as a rager, so you don't like him, but the fact that him and Skitzo were the same in the way they cheated (and they both have previous offences) why Skitzo? Why not juiicy? Chemical? Idias? - this is another problem with the community. Just like the people on forums as Chalk previously said, they rage newbies as much as any player did. A lot of people think their so high and mighty on forums trying to put down 'new' or 'younger' players. It's the same as raging in game.

Oh, and goodjob to people like Superman who are still contributing to the game and helping it. It`s players like you that have kept the game going for this long.

Peace out DP2, if you're going to say certain people deserve to be unbanned, base it off the situation, not their personalities. thanks folks. I`m not rereading so if parts dont make sense whatevz duggas

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »
This is getting to intence
And yes this is the "allmighty" ToXiiC ( just kidding )
What this game needs is a Proper way of banning and Making acc... for example The Forums acc EXTERMELY difficault to create one, dont say i m haddicapped, "Whats the anws to life universe and etc.. 42???" was it me or was this question just plainly impossible for a nub to figure out.

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
and Letz thing over the Ban times 1st and foremost. Is that a Just and fair ban time or plainly done for Revange?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »
-I wasn't implying that you ran the committee. I'm saying the committee members liked you, but the rest of us don't have that luxury.

-I was around back then  ( not as a multi, just different names)

- If you gave the hack to one person, did you think it wasn't going to spread. The first time everyone got banned was your fault, just like Myers is being blamed for all of us hacking this time. ( I'm not saying Myers distributed, but everyone is saying he made us all hack)

-No one was trying to ruin the match scene.We wanted to try hacking, so we did. It wasn't an attempt to try to make Jitspoe look bad or mess up his game. "Ah, do you believe everything people tell you? lols"
It's not dead, we still have people trying to match.Unfortunately, we have people like you who send out 3s, and then when the only other american team responds, you say "i'm not playing a hacker", so we are forced to wait until your period so that we can match. If jitspoe thought I was going to hack again, I wouldn't have been unbanned...

yayy drama = activity!!!!!

I'm sorry that I was liked by the committee, my bad.

So you were around back then, but if you were in mine and cuso's sex station, you'd know that he taught me how to use/make modified maps. But eh, you're just guessing that.
So you're saying Myers distributed? Ah! Thanks for that.

Seeing as your buddies made threads about themselves hacking, I think that would be kind of embarrasing for Jitspoe, wouldn't you?

HAI MAIERz
You know Cusoman taught me lols. I never liked Navyseal, I'd never even teach him how to strafe let alone hack. I gave you the modified map, brew, don't know where you're going with this.

Oh and I'm saying to unban Skitzo because I want to see if his video making could maybe extend to making a trailer for the game.
I only read the parts with my name it, so I'm sorry if my post doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I actually can't wait to be playing with/against you guys again, just getting some amusement while @ school.
Gl.

Edit: Who is toxic?

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »
So you're saying Myers distributed? Ah! Thanks for that.

Seeing as your buddies made threads about themselves hacking, I think that would be kind of embarrasing for Jitspoe, wouldn't you?

1.No.

2. We were done hacking, so we turned our selves in rather than wait to be detected. If we had kept matching and then we got caught, people would have thought we were hacking during our legit matches.

And toxic is a player who was banned shortly after us. I don't think that has anything to do with his post. He's part of the community.

Back to saving the game:

"Who is toxic?" - I know you probably didn't mean it this way Rick, but I see this kind of thing a lot. A lot of times people will say something like that in order show the person that they are a "nobody". This drives new people away from the game, because they think that we are a close, unwelcoming community. I had a problem with people from 3iob/CC/vF being jerks to me when I first tried to get into the matching scene.

One thing that helped a lot was training clans. The old players got matches with us, and watched us play/let us watch and learn from them. I started out in er33t juniors and then eventually went to Ij-training. Those were the best times I had on this game.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 05:10:58 PM »
1.No.

2. We were done hacking, so we turned our selves in rather than wait to be detected. If we had kept matching and then we got caught, people would have thought we were hacking during our legit matches.

And toxic is a player who was banned shortly after us. I don't think that has anything to do with his post. He's part of the community.

Back to saving the game:

"Who is toxic?" - I know you probably didn't mean it this way Rick, but I see this kind of thing a lot. A lot of times people will say something like that in order show the person that they are a "nobody". This drives new people away from the game, because they think that we are a close, unwelcoming community. I had a problem with people from 3iob/CC/vF being jerks to me when I first tried to get into the matching scene.

One thing that helped a lot was training clans. The old players got matches with us, and watched us play/let us watch and learn from them. I started out in er33t juniors and then eventually went to Ij-training. Those were the best times I had on this game.

1. You said 'if you gave the hack to one person, did you think it wasn't going to spread'. I gave it to Myers, aren't you implying he spread it.

2. Sounds good.

I didn't mean it in a bad way chalk, thought I'd just get to the point, who is he.

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »
look at my chan on youtube!

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:31 PM »
Who is ToXiiC a well know question asked in the commitee which was already answerd now letz get on to better thing shall we?

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
Thnx chalk i appericate the help. I had hacked to see if i was going to get detected which i did after like 1 month