Author Topic: My 2 cents. Cause I know everyone wants it  (Read 23599 times)

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
Re: My 2 cents. Cause I know everyone wants it
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
Ill gladly take that spot from you. And its not what i'm saying. its what im asking. what have you guys actually done to correct the game in anyway besides voting upon bantimes in a poll. and the committee is chosen by vote of who is already on the committee so it could be rather easy to just vote in one of your euro buddies now that theres more than one of you on the comittee. there has been no graphical updates or anything rather than the hr4 texture packs that jitspoe has created and the dpmodmenu that bono has done. only few recognizeable details that i've noticed about the game. but how about you give an idea of what the committee is supposed to do.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
but how about you give an idea of what the committee is supposed to do.

I quote the words of Jitspoe:

Committee Purpose:
Investigate matters, such as rule violations, and determine the appropriate action based on evidence gathered.

The committee was solely installed to help out Jitspoe with sorting out the mess rule violators created (which means that without people who violate the generally accepted "rules", a committee wouldn't even be needed!!). Webhead created a thread where the effectiveness of the committee was discussed and feedback could be given a while ago: click. A few ideas to improve our current way of working were brought up, but Jitspoe ruled out most of them. As the committee is just there to support Jitspoe, who are we to discuss his opinion?

there has been no graphical updates or anything rather than the hr4 texture packs that jitspoe has created and the dpmodmenu that bono has done. only few recognizeable details that i've noticed about the game.

I agree this is regrettable, but after reading the above, I hope you agree this is not part of the committee work.

I'll probably get boring for repeating myself over and over again, but I still think only people who contribute themselves can criticize the latest improvements in the game. Therefore, if you think this game needs improvements, either help or don't mention it at all.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
Well the entire matching scene is gone and there really is no need for a committee anymore now is there. if the cheat detection system is so great. then it'll keep banning the newbies that come around with the same old speed hacks that they usually have. or am i wrong and the committee is needed to vote on a bantime for those newbies as well. and really only the people who improve the game should talk about it? what happened to "The Customer knows best" the players are the customers here.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
what happened to "The Customer knows best" the players are the customers here.

I can't remember ever paying for playing DP2. So are we considered "customers", or are we considered "free users of a technology developed by others"?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »
So then can you tell me why my ban was voted so high pvtjimmy? Because last time I checked that high of a ban was for distributors. Unless ban times are now just based off whether the committee likes the person or not.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »
It's based off of whoever votes first... :P

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »
I can't remember ever paying for playing DP2. So are we considered "customers", or are we considered "free users of a technology developed by others"?

What makes you think that only paying for something makes you a customer.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »
What makes you think that only paying for something makes you a customer.

The definition of the word "customer".

customer

A person, company, or other entity which buys goods and services produced by another person, company, or other entity.

Random sources:
http://www.investorwords.com5877/customer.html#ixzz1aET0e4TO
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/customer
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/customer

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the word "buying" implies that paying is part of the process to become a customer.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
It's based off of whoever votes first... :P

So then my ban was just someone that didn't like me correct?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
I have no idea I wasn't in committee to see why.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
Think you got 1000+ because you were involved in this myers+lovers try to kill the game to show their inet balls thingy.
Committee does not vote on ban times for hackers fyi thats all jitspoe.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »
Think you got 1000+ because you were involved in this myers+lovers try to kill the game to show their inet balls thingy.
Committee does not vote on ban times for hackers fyi thats all jitspoe.

Yeah i was on when they were doing that true, but i didn't make a thread trying to kill the game. I simply made a humorous thread to admit i was cheating. Nothing telling anyone to stop playing or anything like that. Lame.

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
 And if i do get unbanned which i highly doubt will happen, i will be starting practice sessions for the newer players teaching them things about the match scene, getting them involved with other programs like mirc vent stuff like that and i obviously will be needing help with this and i will select some people to do so.

i have it planned out and stuff because i got nothing better to do then sit on my ass and think about dp all day and i e-mailed jitspoe about it aswell to get his idea on it. i know people have tried this in the past but i got a different idea on how to do it. if i get unbanned i will make a thread on it showing people the times of the sessions, irc chan, vent and clans involved. 

OH and the reason i went and made a new fourms account is because my other one CheMiCaL got banned and never unbanned. and the reason is Trying to help you? and i didn't understand why, so if you do ban this one please unban the other. and please tell me if you like my idea of trying toget the community active again. consider this as my Community service. which is well overdue.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »
Hmm. I like the idea chemical

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 01:29:50 AM »
So then can you tell me why my ban was voted so high pvtjimmy? Because last time I checked that high of a ban was for distributors. Unless ban times are now just based off whether the committee likes the person or not.

I think Delphi meanwhile answered that question.

As the committee was not involved to your bans, I can only assume why your bantimes aren't updated yet. The only thing I would advise you if you want your bantime to be looked at, is to PM Jitspoe with all details you can offer him.

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 04:16:51 AM »
i would help with that to but i uninstalled and reinstalled dp and deleted that stupid cheat then defragged my computer so there is no way its still on my comp.

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 04:57:19 AM »
Another thing and maybe it´s just me. I am bored of playing same 10 maps over and over. I know it´s up to server owners to decide what maps will be played, but I think that if we have like 3000+ maps and at least 200 of them are playable we don´t have to play beta/pgptrain_b4 all the time. The thing I find the most enjoyable is learning how to play new maps. I simply don´t see the reason why we should disregard other maps with fairly good gameplay and decent graphics.

And it´s easy to say the game is not dead as blaa said because there are like 150 players playing at the moment. But these players are playing on Speed servers mainly and you can see it´s hard to find a normal server with at least 8 players. On euro scene it´s solely KAS server and I believe it´s even worse in America. If you can remember times with three full OTB servers and one Qehs plus like three crappy polish servers and no less than three american servers with 10+ people, you are just trying to vindicate nonsense.

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »
aircrew thats where i would come in(if i got unbanned) i would try to convince some of the speed players to get mirc vent and let me and chalk train them teach them the game is more then pubbing. i would even take euros just to help this game get a better matching scene. once they realize how fun/ good the matching scene is they will start telling people/friends about this game and it will improve activity wise.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 06:01:18 AM »
+1
Another thing and maybe it´s just me. I am bored of playing same 10 maps over and over. I know it´s up to server owners to decide what maps will be played, but I think that if we have like 3000+ maps and at least 200 of them are playable we don´t have to play beta/pgptrain_b4 all the time. The thing I find the most enjoyable is learning how to play new maps. I simply don´t see the reason why we should disregard other maps with fairly good gameplay and decent graphics.

And it´s easy to say the game is not dead as blaa said because there are like 150 players playing at the moment. But these players are playing on Speed servers mainly and you can see it´s hard to find a normal server with at least 8 players. On euro scene it´s solely KAS server and I believe it´s even worse in America. If you can remember times with three full OTB servers and one Qehs plus like three crappy polish servers and no less than three american servers with 10+ people, you are just trying to vindicate nonsense.

ohhhh the nostalgy.

And someone ban this what the ____ dude.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 06:38:49 AM »
And someone ban this what the ____ dude.

yea, because he has definitely made this forum hell with his 6 posts...

one thing the community members can do to help : stop being a**holes