Author Topic: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)  (Read 42784 times)

Viper

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2009, 04:28:59 AM »
the first flag is too easy to camp, maybe u should make a new way to the first flag

maybe sth like this :

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2009, 05:00:44 AM »
I just played a map for about 30 mins and my suggestions are:
1) problem with ice- speed solved with a ladder, GJ
2)I don´t like a triple barrel jump in base to 2nd flag, it´s only about luck you have, hard to train it
3)Maybe you can add a speedjump to window from grass. I know there is a double barrel jump in mid, but it´s slow and in pp1 I like it, there are four boxes near window and you can do double jump to window or speedjump too.
4) Window is in dislocation(the window in Viper´s screen)
5) Barrels near BD are good, but you should make it jumpable from second side( main gate) too.
6)Put sky higher, it´s annoying when you block about it.
7)There are too much barrels in mid, my opinion. Some barrels are useless.

I really like how you works with map, but it needs a lot of works if you want to make it as good as pp1 is. Hope it´s not impossible.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2009, 09:26:24 AM »
I'll speak on behalf of Cuso since i know nearly every issue and the solution.

Mosez, i BELIEVE the map is long as it can possibly be. The grass size was almost x3 from the alphas.

Viper, have you played the map? There if a grab nearly every round. If you camp at one it is simple to grab two. If you camp at two people can drop in and get one. There will be no further paths added.

Aircrew..lol

1. We know the problem was solved.
2. The triple barrel jump is all skill, i worked on it with cuso for about 10 mins and i got to the point where i could do it everytime. Yet cuso cannot do it. It is meant to be HARD since it is the fastest way from flag one to two. This will not be changed further.
3. You can get to the window via a speed jump from grass - you have to hit the lip correctly that is next to the barrels (ill try to get a demo later).
4. I don't even understand what you guys are talking about.
5. Those barrels were added so people could get from grass to two a bit easier. Mainly due to the movement of flag two.
6. I don't know if he can make it higher.
7. All the barrels have a USE. There are some jumps that have not thought of.

No map plays perfectly when released. It takes weeks if not months for people to figure it out and slow it down. The map is more gauged towards matches, which i am not sure everyone giving feedback as done on it.

Oh to viper - If you hold of a 1v3 with no flags one of two things happened.

1. You made some good shots
2. They had a horrible setup and came one at a time.

What I am getting at is the base isn't very campable.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2009, 11:21:14 AM »
What I am getting at is the base isn't very campable.
It is - demo later

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
well we played it in a match

and

i dunno but do we really need 2 flags? 1st with 3 points and 2nd with 4 points?

I prefer just one with 5 points. I also prefer the picute of viper.
The good thing is it is like pp1 I mean u are also fast in the lowway as the speedjump so u can still get the flag when someone went low.

@bix its sad that its impossible to make the outside bigger cuz this is the main fact :(

well the mid is playable

all in all its matchable :P

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2009, 12:26:46 PM »
take off the light value on those red and blue metal textures.. it just looks bad and there are more effective ways of lighting

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »
at the low? i like this

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2009, 01:13:06 PM »
Please fix the sky thing I pointed out :). I just keep hiting it and then I cant make it to high base so I end up in grass.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »
I matched IJ on beta2a yesterday. Low was very easy to camp and line(the low speed), High mid was hardly used because cat jump is sooooo easy, camp at 2, wait for them to grab 1 and go up ladder and pow and we won =]

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »
It is - demo later

Have you matched on it? If you properly set it up it is not campable.

well we played it in a match

and

i dunno but do we really need 2 flags? 1st with 3 points and 2nd with 4 points?

I prefer just one with 5 points. I also prefer the picute of viper.
The good thing is it is like pp1 I mean u are also fast in the lowway as the speedjump so u can still get the flag when someone went low.

@bix its sad that its impossible to make the outside bigger cuz this is the main fact :(

well the mid is playable

all in all its matchable :P

I think we really do need two flags - especially with how the layout is. If we just left Flag 1, you could sit behind it and make a 'skilled setup --> grab nearly impossible'. If we only have flag two you could simply pick people off as they come to you. We are also trying to stick to the similar design that crash originally had which had two flags. One down below and one up on the top.

Yes, originally there was very little grass and that was one of the first things changed. I am about 95% sure he said the map is as long as it can be. The stage the map is at now I feel it would be nearly impossible to stretch out the grass (even if we could) due to the rest of the map.

take off the light value on those red and blue metal textures.. it just looks bad and there are more effective ways of lighting

Have you seen the original pp3? This was a throw back to the original lighting and design. There were several people that complained because they liked the lighting from crash's pp3.

The whole goal is to be matchable. If Mr. I_am_a_pirate can find a way to camp the map against a 1v3...ill be in awe.

Please fix the sky thing I pointed out :). I just keep hiting it and then I cant make it to high base so I end up in grass.

Please do not take this as being a 'detective'. I have seen you play once and you were far from having a "powerful strafe". I hit my head on the roof nearly everytime but still fly into the base at speed(to where the old f2 would be). If you look at the cat jump on pp1, you hit your head nearly everytime.

I matched IJ on beta2a yesterday. Low was very easy to camp and line(the low speed), High mid was hardly used because cat jump is sooooo easy, camp at 2, wait for them to grab 1 and go up ladder and pow and we won =]

I think we also need to realize this map is still in betas. If you compare the way people played maps when they first came out to how they are now...there is a pretty big difference.

If you choose to sit and line the low speed people need to bail off and go to hi-bd or simply from low shoot the guy that is lining it, then do the speed. I also feel that as the map gets played more people will go the 'hi-bd area' and line the cat jump much more. Atleast that is what I did against allstarz the other day and proceeded to 32-7. This causes people to go mid which by the end people were all going mid.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
Have you seen the original pp3? This was a throw back to the original lighting and design. There were several people that complained because they liked the lighting from crash's pp3.

If you are going to try and make this like the original pp3 you should be consistent throughtout the map, rather than making one area (low) have lighting like that. Because to me this has the feel of pp1 with random 'pp3' lighting low

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »
If you are going to try and make this like the original pp3 you should be consistent throughtout the map, rather than making one area (low) have lighting like that. Because to me this has the feel of pp1 with random 'pp3' lighting low

Take a breather, the map is staying with the outside theme therefore we cannot light the outside like the original pp3. If you remember correctly ONLY the base had the lighting, things will change pal.  Although, lighting the low like that was just a test to see if it would fit (also it is underground). Just remember this is a beta and that things will change. HINT NUDGE HINT NUDGE MAYBE THE BASE WILL BE LIT LIKE THIS?!??

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2009, 07:58:42 PM »
I like the lights low. I say leave it.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2009, 04:17:55 AM »
Bix, its not exactly that hard to make the roof higher....

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2009, 05:34:06 AM »
I only had the 1st beta when i was saying about camping - and it was. Now the only place I can find (due to the much better design) it sitting ontop of the glass diagonally left from the flag 1, where people go if they miss the speed jump. From there you can see both flags, but you can be dropped on from above. That was the only place I could find.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2009, 08:34:57 AM »
Bix, its not exactly that hard to make the roof higher....

Cameron you are completely wrong if you have made all your walls the same height as the roof, it does suck to fix because you have to move every wall up. It might not be to bad in this map becasue there are only so many walls out in the open part of the map.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »
Also if we made the roof higher it would make the jump from window to the top of hi-bd too easy. How it is now you actually have to have some speed.

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »
Also if we made the roof higher it would make the jump from window to the top of hi-bd too easy. How it is now you actually have to have some speed.
False. If I have got speed, then I block by roof and I will not jump on the top. If I am not so fast, then I will not be blocked by roof and I get to top of HBD. And I am pretty good in jumping.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
cool

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »
So stop talking and let´s do something bro.