Author Topic: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)  (Read 42792 times)

coLa

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »
Too much going on in the spawn rooms. I don't like that you hit a wall(stop) when flying out. If you're going to do all that, might as well let it launch you somewhere.

Too many catwalks.

Only one path up from low is just silly. If you miss the speed jump, you're only left with one choke point, unless you go back to low. I say mix it up and maybe throw a ladder going up to gap.

Stairs in front of the base = ???. But if hit right, they work. It can go either way.

Idk. I honestly don't like it at all. But that's just me, apparently.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2009, 09:18:01 PM »
Looking good.  My two major complaints are what it seems I have for every propaint map: spawn rooms and barrel alignment.  I've put the map up on the beta server and recorded a demo of suggestions.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2009, 10:40:15 PM »
Can't wait to catch this map on the otb-speed server. Line spawn ftw.

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2009, 03:27:15 AM »

I'm taking into consideration much of what people say, and have now decided to make a second beta before the final is released. Alot of the jumps in this map were toned down, and made easier, but since most of the community wants them harder, i will put them back to there original difficulty from earlier alphas :)

I meant you can maybe add some perfectly hard jump combos, which you don´t have to use to grab a flag or move from low and if you can´t do them, it´s no problem. Like on propaint1 a huge jump from hbd to cat or something like this.
I personally think that there are too much catwalks/bridges. This is why it is lil chaotic for me.
And a small detail at the end, what about make a red/blue metal brushes at spawns smaller so people don´t block of it?

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2009, 09:17:41 AM »
I'm taking into consideration much of what people say, and have now decided to make a second beta before the final is released. Alot of the jumps in this map were toned down, and made easier, but since most of the community wants them harder, i will put them back to there original difficulty from earlier alphas :)

it's not so much about difficulty of the jumps, but the effectiveness of them. Most of the jumps in PP1 aren't so much difficult (some harder than others), it's that they are useful. There are so many little jumps that can help you gain a better position, or get to another location. People don't so much want the jumps to be too hard (though difficulty is appreciated by better players), but they want jumps where the reward is worth spendng the time to make the jump. In other words, people don't want to just jump for the sake of jumping, they want to gain the upper hand by making the jump.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »
Well.. Its very nice designed. I love the glass and lighting. But jumps are too easy. I think its a good map for pubs, but not for matches.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2009, 09:25:20 AM »
online on arctic servers

beta/propaint3_b1
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:44:47 PM by ic3 »

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2009, 11:41:30 AM »
online on arctic servers

newmap beta/propaint3_b1
Wtf? It doesn´t work. What´s login? xD

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »
Can't wait to catch this map on the otb-speed server. Line spawn ftw.

Haha Rick xD 20 Second Respawns for the win!

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
Haha Rick xD 20 Second Respawns for the win!

5 seconds get it right newb.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »
5 seconds get it right newb.

Oh my bad skitzo! I'm confused now because they have now like 5 servers with different repsawns :)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2009, 05:21:20 PM »
But there's only one thats OTB-speed!! Anyways, althought beta2 wasnt released on forums yet, i've played it on servers. My only critique would be the low jump. There were more things in my opinion that could of been changed for gameplay. Now people hardly make that jump, and have to go up the stairs every time. I don't beleive a single person found that being a problem of beta1 anyways, but still.
Also, i would move the ladder seeing as its the fastest way to grab flag 2, shouldnt a trick jump be faster as a reward? just my opinion, still a good map! Can't wait for the final release!

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2009, 06:11:09 PM »
But there's only one thats OTB-speed!!

Sadly, there's 2.

Hyphy

• PGP
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »
It's a sick map, but I think low speed needs to be a bit easier.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »
easier? lol, its already easier than on pp1.

I think the flag placement within the base isnt optimal.  They are so close together, and both easy to defend.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2009, 02:27:27 AM »
But there's only one thats OTB-speed!!

online on arctic servers

beta/propaint3_b1

Just renamed.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2009, 06:39:46 AM »
@ b00nlander: Hyphy is talking about the beta2 that currently is on eR33t servers as beta/propaint3_beta2, i beleive its on 3iob pub aswell. They changed it and made it alot harder, the flag placement was moved, but its not the final release of beta2 so there might be more changed. He made the low alot harder. When i played beta1 in a PUG, it was all trades cause they just speeded low to cap. But the beta2 i find was abit to difficult....maybe find a midpoint between the beta1 and beta2 low speed?

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »
You should have thought before posting that. blaa owns 67 of the 120 servers of this game and he usually bans people that piss him off...good luck mate.

I haven’t been here for a while and wow it has not changed. Not to make anyone mad, but just because he owns 67 out of 120 servers does not give him full rights to just come into a thread and flame people down like that. Sorry if I made anyone mad but the truth hurts.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2009, 01:11:20 PM »
I haven’t been here for a while and wow it has not changed. Not to make anyone mad, but just because he owns 67 out of 120 servers does not give him full rights to just come into a thread and flame people down like that. Sorry if I made anyone mad but the truth hurts.
* KnacK just shakes his head.

He was being facetious.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »
While you were typing that he just 'bought' 13 more servers so its up to 80 of 120. And he didnt like your answer either. you can still play in some polish server I gues... =\

I'm just kidding mate! blaa doesnt own excrement, apart from a dog.