Author Topic: jitspoe's .plan  (Read 278064 times)

Olbaid

• Autococker
Re: jitspoe's .plan
« Reply #540 on: May 06, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »

- You can't suicide if you're the last player alive.

Thank You!!

wax

• PGP
« Reply #541 on: August 19, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »
yes you can if you drown yourself...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #542 on: August 24, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
Guess I should post an update.  Getting things rolling with the new committee.  Trying to finish up some real life projects so I'll have more time to work on Paintball2.  I'll probably be looking at interpolated hitboxes next, since that seems to be what most people have been bugging me about.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #543 on: August 25, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
Interpolated hitboxes + remove the setting to turn the guntemp off = less liner/camper :D

payl wrote that you want to add an updater to the game. Are you working on it or is it something for the feature vote?

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #544 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »
I highly doubt that... guntemp on = Not using those servers / More camping
I agree with the not lining but people will just get annoyed for not being able to kill. We'd see a lot more caps on people which would kinda force a change on the default fraglimit and timelimit

I find working on Official High-Res Textures much more important than guntemp.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:58:20 PM by idias »

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #545 on: August 25, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »

remove the setting to turn the guntemp off = less liner/camper :D

thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard. you think taking gun temp off would prevent camping? it would encourage people to camp because they got limited bullets. and lining is part of the game so man up and stop crying about it. if you take gun temp off will make this game a lot more inactive.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #546 on: August 25, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
Can u read? I've never said, that i want to turn the guntemp off.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #547 on: August 25, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
my bad miss read it :)

Spydie

• VM-68
« Reply #548 on: October 26, 2010, 12:17:27 PM »
Broken Link =[

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #549 on: October 26, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
Where?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #550 on: November 02, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »
Sorry I haven't come out with a new release in a while.  Seems I'm always busy with "real life" things.  I got team autobalance functioning pretty well last night, so I'll try to get that up on EV1 tonight for more testing.  I also worked on something that should help reduce the occasional hitches while playing.  There are a couple of other things that I want to test and improve before putting out a release.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #551 on: November 02, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »
Are there different autobalance options now?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #552 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »
A day late, but the version with autobalance (and the fix to the double ball shooting thing) is up on EV1 pub1.  For some reason, dead bodies will occasionaly levitate.  I'm not sure what's up with that - possibly colliding with the interpolated bounding box?  It's kind of funny, but I'm not sure what's causing it.

As for the autobalance options: g_autobalance 0 = no autobalance, 1 = autobalance, 2 = autobalance and don't allow team changes.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #553 on: November 04, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »
I've seen that before, people say it's happening when you go noclip right after you are eliminated.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #554 on: November 04, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
I've seen that before, people say it's happening when you go noclip right after you are eliminated.
Just on the newer build, or has this always happened?

I fixed the names not showing up when you put your crosshair over somebody.  Haven't uploaded this fix to the server yet.  The trace was hitting the interpolated hitbox, so names would only show up if people are coming toward you, not moving away. :) (now it gets the owner of the interpolated hitbox)

Edit: Trying to figure out how I got a crash with some negative value for skinnum now.

Edit: And zuluzet gave me some code to hide player entities when you're inside of them.  It works, but the sound doesn't play correctly (I guess the position isn't getting updated).  Trying to figure that out, too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:22:47 PM by jitspoe »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #555 on: November 05, 2010, 01:02:08 PM »
Edit: And zuluzet gave me some code to hide player entities when you're inside of them.

Amazing, thanks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #556 on: November 05, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »
Changed what zuluzet did to hide the player on the rendering side of things instead of the client side, which seems to have fixed the sound issues.  I'm not sure what caused the skinnum crash.  I fixed where it happened and added some additional asserts to try to catch it earlier (possibly a corrupt packet?).  I have a feeling there are other places it will crash with that data, though.

Did some play testing, and I think maybe the autobalance is too strict, as it makes it impossible to swap sides with somebody.   I might modify it to autobalance like 10 seconds after a team switch or something.

Back up to 32 pages of unread topics on the forums. :(  I had it down to 30.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #557 on: November 06, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »
Please discuss the autobalance feature here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11162.new#new - this thread is just a general status update thread.

I'm adding a 4 second delay to the demo auto-recording to hopefully fix the issue where it tries to start recording before the level is loaded.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #558 on: November 06, 2010, 12:57:08 AM »
I'm adding a 4 second delay to the demo auto-recording to hopefully fix the issue where it tries to start recording before the level is loaded.

Is it possible to make it start recording when the match is starting? Like when there is 5 seconds left in the countdown.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #559 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
Ran into an assert when somebody was connecting.  Looks like it was trying to send data when everything was zeroed out (including the max message length).  Trying to track that down now.

4 second delay for autorecording is in (but not uploaded).  It's possible to do fancier things like wait for the match to start, but the important thing is to make it work 100% of the time.  If you really want it, start a feature vote thread on it.

Levitating bodies is not a new bug, and it's kind of funny, so I'm going to leave it alone for now unless it becomes a problem.