Author Topic: jitspoe's .plan  (Read 277945 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: jitspoe's .plan
« Reply #620 on: May 25, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »
Is this retroactive? It might could bring down the Death Bringers (hah) in one fell swoop!
No, but I've been considering doing a purge of all accounts > 6 months old that have not played in-game.  A bit too risky to do unless I've recently done a backup and have a lot of free time, though...

I did find the time to do another HR4 texture last night... not much of an update.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #621 on: June 24, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »
When will you be implementing feature votes? I've been holding my breathe for some of them.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #622 on: June 25, 2011, 05:03:05 AM »
He is working on it: Link

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #623 on: September 03, 2011, 06:05:53 PM »
Any updates?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #624 on: September 28, 2011, 06:53:15 PM »
I'll be honest, I haven't been focusing on Paintball2 much this build.  It's been rare for me to have both motivation and free time simultaneously.  I'm still working on it, just slowly.  I think I have all the major features/issues done, there are just a few little things I'd like to do before releasing.  The main one is adding a checkbox to show servers running old versions (off by default) since the new physics don't always play nice with the old version (on slopes, in particular).

Going out of town again tomorrow for 4 days... maybe I'll have time in October.

Sub0123

• Stingray
« Reply #625 on: September 29, 2011, 05:00:57 AM »
Sure just keep up the good work!

And have a good trip :D

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #626 on: September 30, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
Hmm this should be interesting.

jsmain

• PGP
« Reply #627 on: December 30, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
Curious as to what the current status of the next release is. Still holding obviously.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #628 on: December 30, 2011, 04:49:34 PM »
I'm currently working on some more tweaks to the physics to try to make ramp sliding automatic but still give you control.  I thought holding the jump button was a pretty elegant solution, but apparently pressing a button is too much for some people. :P

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #629 on: December 30, 2011, 11:55:25 PM »
I'm currently working on some more tweaks to the physics to try to make ramp sliding automatic but still give you control.  I thought holding the jump button was a pretty elegant solution, but apparently pressing a button is too much for some people. :P

The problem is that you have to jump with the same button, so you can't simply slide without having to jump beforehand.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #630 on: February 21, 2012, 10:51:57 PM »
Still no MAC eh?

Phoenixlee

• PGP
« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2012, 07:18:34 PM »
Thanks for that, it's much appreciated!

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #632 on: March 20, 2012, 07:15:44 AM »
One bigger problem is that you sometimes lose control on ramp ;) and its much more annoying than before, because now (at least for me) its hardly predictable when its gonna happen. If you want I am sure that I could reproduce it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #633 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:38 PM »
One bigger problem is that you sometimes lose control on ramp ;) and its much more annoying than before, because now (at least for me) its hardly predictable when its gonna happen. If you want I am sure that I could reproduce it.
If you can, post it in the b35 thread.  Just make sure you're playing on a server that has the new physics enabled.

Unfortunately, I've been insanely busy at work (even moreso than usual), so I haven't had a chance to really touch Paintball2 in a while.  Hopefully after a couple of weeks, I'll have time again.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #634 on: May 02, 2012, 12:12:54 AM »
Well, things have finally settled down at work.  I should be able to get back to some Paintball2 stuff soon.  I'm still catching up on life necessities (and dealing with other distractions).  It's kind of interesting seeing what goes into a game these days.  Hundreds of people working full time (in some cases, more than full time), and millions of dollars invested... it's no wonder Paintball2 falls short of some people's expectations.

Looking at the uninstall surveys, there have been a surprising number of people uninstalling due to the lack of single player.  That, graphics quality, and not running seem to be the top 3 reasons for uninstalling (I don't have anything to parse the data yet, so I'm just going off of the raw values I see).  I'm hoping adding some single player and cooperative game modes will help liven the game up a bit.  I'll probably be working on that and/or more high-res textures in the near future.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #635 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »
Started looking into making a separate, open-sourced DLL for bots.  That's probably going to take a while.  Found a pretty simple fix for not being able to shoot players that have spawned inside of each other and people teleporting getting stuck inside of each other.  That should be in the next release.  I've also been working on a couple HR4 textures.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #636 on: June 11, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »
I think a tutorial map will have a bigger first-time impact on players, so I've started working on that.  I've posted a picture of it here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=24135.msg225445#msg225445

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #637 on: June 11, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
Started looking into making a separate, open-sourced DLL for bots.  That's probably going to take a while.  Found a pretty simple fix for not being able to shoot players that have spawned inside of each other and people teleporting getting stuck inside of each other.  That should be in the next release.  I've also been working on a couple HR4 textures.

The teleporting inside of each other is a real pain in the ass especially in the jump servers when a newbie doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

I think a tutorial map will have a bigger first-time impact on players, so I've started working on that.  I've posted a picture of it here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=24135.msg225445#msg225445

+1 Nuff Said

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #638 on: June 12, 2012, 06:49:51 AM »
The teleporting inside of each other is a real pain in the ass especially in the jump servers when a newbie doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

These changes will have no effect on jump servers since most run build 21 due to forced DM bugs in later builds.

Tutorial map looking good.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
These changes will have no effect on jump servers since most run build 21 due to forced DM bugs in later builds.

Tutorial map looking good.
It's not a bug.  I'm pretty sure g_forcedgamemode works if the map game mode information is set up correctly.  The problem is most jump maps are from quake2 and don't have that set.  I had to take out the default DM support because it caused some maps to not work and kill the server because they were set up for CTF but not set correctly.  I'm adding in a hack that will allow maps that don't have the gamemode set to support DM when g_forcedgamemode is set to DM.  I think this will make the problem less likely to happen since it would be a deliberate setup (not someone voting for DM mode or something), but it might still cause problems and need to be removed in the future.

Alternatively, you could create .ent files that have DM support for all the jump maps, and I think it will work with the existing build.  Maybe somebody could write a script to just batch add that.  Actually, if you did that, you wouldn't need to use g_forcedgamemode at all.