Author Topic: FEATURE REQUESTS  (Read 39383 times)

KeV

• PGP
Re: FEATURE REQUESTS
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2004, 05:18:52 PM »
I have some ideas that I don't thing I read in all the other posts, but there are so many, so I dunno. Anyways, I think your should add some items in the maps like a scope to zoom in or a lazer to help aim. Also, if the players could do a dive and role kinda thing and shoot whlie doing that. That would be pretty cool. Tell me what ya think.

^K[e]V^
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 05:20:00 PM by KeV »

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2004, 06:04:33 PM »
the dive and roll would be cool. but the scope all you have to do is type set fov 40 and it zooms in (type it in the console) and the laser wont really be good cause the balls go down the farther they go, (so you have to aim up) so the laser wont really help it will just tell others were you are when they see the laser on the wall.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2004, 09:28:35 PM »
crosshair 2 == laser sight. ;)

Anrkist

• VM-68
Making Jails Better
« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2004, 09:49:10 PM »
Would it be possible for maps with a jail to use a seperate scoreboard? Maybe at the end of the game see the normal kills AND the jail kills, possibly a way to see them during the matches as well. People might be more inclined to putting them in thier maps if there was more of a point to it. I personaly just jail off and practice jumping =]

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2004, 11:14:47 PM »
Hehe, actually I'm planning on making future jails be escapable via difficult trick jumps.  The idea being: it will probably take at least a minute to escape, but it will give you something to do. :)

*makes a note to make the jails all ABOVE 0 on the Z axis so people with high framerates don't jump as high*

The jail scores can be done, but it'll probably be a while before I can get to them.

Skyhawk

• PGP
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2004, 12:56:45 AM »
I think that when people spawn they should have some kind of protection say 5 secs where they can't be killed, atleast it gives them time to reload co2.

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2004, 03:05:39 PM »
skyhawk, then reload co2 would become a rather useless thing in the game. I cant say ive run out of co2 during a game.. ever. Maybe ONCE...

Another idea.. perhaps incorperate IRC during gameplay.. so I could turn off the in-game chat and turn on IRC chat.. =] That *might* be neat. But would work better in a single player environment I guess.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2004, 05:03:38 PM »
Hehe, there's a quake engine that has built-in irc.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
hmmm...that would get annoing.

KeV

• PGP
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2004, 07:33:10 PM »
how about adding features like spot lights that move back and forth? You can create cool maps like a prison or something. Or even a disco ball could be cool swirling in the middle of a room shooting spots of lights all around. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2004, 09:34:02 PM »
Well, the ligthing is precaculated.  Having realtime lights like that would be really slow.  What you can do is have triggered lights that turn on and off... not quite as cool, though.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2004, 12:39:06 PM »
what about a single player mode were you can hon your skills. like a get a mess of cardboard cutouts and have them spring up and you have to try to get from point 1 to point 2 and shoot all the cutouts. kinda like that one map thats on shizzam but make it single player.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2004, 03:56:57 PM »
how bout paint-creatures! ;-D

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2005, 11:49:34 AM »
i have an idea!

a new mode: Hide And Seek.

it would be like this, a player spawns with a gun, co2, etc.
and everyone else spwns un armed.

the people that are unarmed must find a way to evade the person that is armed and get to the base wthout being hit :)

another idea!

why not making the dying animation more like when he gets shot he just throw his gun, lifts his arms and slowly walk away into the emptyness.

im full of ideas!

this could be a game mode or an option that you just turn on and off.

ussually when i play real paintball we dont play like if you get hit you are out, no we play until you surrender, so it would work like this you would spawn without helmet or guantless and you would have to look for them and depending on how well you are protect it you can take more shots and if for exaple you get shot from a very long distance you would suffer almost any damage but from close if you get hit he suffers a lot (and maybe add a girly scream when shot from close).

this is all i have at the moment maybe il add more later.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2005, 12:20:05 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:14:29 PM by IronFist »

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2005, 12:25:01 PM »
or maybe he can just slowly go in his knees with his hands on his head.... and dissappear

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2005, 06:14:57 AM »
I still like 'get the guy with the autococker'. It wouldn't be that hard...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2005, 09:52:30 PM »
Heh, I like the throwing gun and fading into nothing idea... I suppose as soon as the guy is hit, he'd need to go to 50-60% transparency so people don't wonder why they are shooting through a guy for a little bit.
PHAW!!!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2005, 02:09:18 PM »
What does "phaw" mean?

why not making the dying animation more like when he gets shot he just throw his gun, lifts his arms and slowly walk away into the emptyness.
Well, I personally enjoy shooting somebody and watching them fly forward into a face plant or the like.  Also, it may be difficult to tell if you eliminated somebody or not if they just stand there with their arms up, and walking around would make it rather distracting.

I was thinking of doing something like that at one point, only have some matrix-like effect before they disappear to go along with the "digital" paint theme.

FreudDu31

• Stingray
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2005, 04:04:10 PM »
For server in windows, can we have a command like newmap because map doesnt accept dm or ctf or ...